The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

+35
Contrarian Deist
HenrikB
deathisgain
Samson
Guenther321
BaleMaster
WildWorld
DilemnaNation
TZ75
oldschooldoom
Soldier777
Airola
RegnumIrae
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
MetalMusicforJesus99
Grindboy
L8T
Kerrick
Ammocas
New Creation
Snert I
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Constantine
39 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Snert I Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:02 pm

It's the same situation here in my region of Germany as in most of yours. Almost everything is closed except essential stores, banks, post offices, garages, gas stations...
All Schools and universities are closed, all planned gatherings forbidden (including church services). If possible, people have to work at home.
Me and my wife still go to work since we work in essential branches (judiciary and geriatric care). In our old peoples home we have problems to get respiratory protection for our nurses, thanks to hording.
We now have to close our day care and I have to find a solution for the nurses (probably short-time work) - no income means no money for salary Neutral
Main aim is now: Keep that virus out of the nursing home.

One big problem is: There are not enough test kits to test all suspicious people that have symptoms of a cold, or at least workers in the medical and caring branches with those symptoms.

And the biggest problem is: People spreading that virus long before they have the first symptoms.
By forbidding gatherings the governments try to prevent those seemingly healthy, but still infected people (could also be me) from spreading the virus without notice. And they try to flatten the curve of new infections since Italy's main problem is that there are too many critically ill people at the same time.

Looking at the rising infection rates I think the sanctions are necessary, though I admit, I was skeptic at first...

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:15 pm

Guys, something new to chew on:  Be careful of people acting like jerks during all this.  I just had some young girl walk by me and deliberately sneeze in my face - presumably to rattle me - then she laughed her fool head off as she walked away quickly.

I was stunned for a few seconds, then really angry.  I just glared at her but what I should have done was run after her, take her picture and say "I'm sending this to the police, the FBI, and the CDC." 

That's what I will do next time.  There's a lot of crazy people out there, so be careful.

Gonna wash myself off in a minute...
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Constantine wrote:Guys, something new to chew on:  Be careful of people acting like jerks during all this.  I just had some young girl walk by me and deliberately sneeze in my face - presumably to rattle me - then she laughed her fool head off as she walked away quickly.

I was stunned for a few seconds, then really angry.  I just glared at her but what I should have done was run after her, take her picture and say "I'm sending this to the police, the FBI, and the CDC." 

That's what I will do next time.  There's a lot of crazy people out there, so be careful.

I live in an area that still has a lot of good ol' boys and rednecks.  Doing something like that could get you quickly beaten up even by respectable folks.  You go into major cities and do that to the wrong person, and you may have someone bust a cap in your @$$.  Whether the scare is as bad as they say or not, blatantly messing with people in a way that could be deadly could be seen as an act of attempted murder, and self-defense with lethal force may be overlooked in states with open carry or even concealed carry laws.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:12 am

I live in the heart of these here Ozarks, and agree with Alldat 1000%.  Thankfully, as far as I know, there hasn't been a riot or fisticuffs or a donneybrook at the workplace yet.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:13 am

Constantine wrote:Guys, something new to chew on:  Be careful of people acting like jerks during all this.  I just had some young girl walk by me and deliberately sneeze in my face - presumably to rattle me - then she laughed her fool head off as she walked away quickly.

In this specific climate, that act of wanton millennial foolishness could be described as assault.   Mad
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:34 am

How does COVID-19 stack up against other pandemics?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/how-fast-is-covid-19-spreading-vs-other-infectious-outbreaks.html

One thing I found interesting in this is that several of these outbreaks originated in China.  We definitely need to make the phrase "Made In China" a thing of the past.  LOL
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:29 am

I've been through Alldat's town years ago what he says is true bout the good ole boys and stuff Very Happy

Seriously though....

I live in Mass a mile or two from the CT Stateline so been trying to keep myself up to date on both states cuz i work in CT.  So in Mass.  Bars, Restaurants closed (take out and delivery only), daycares closed (as of yesterday), schools closed, hours changed for stores.  Now theres talk not sure how much weight it has or how true but theyre talking Curfews and Travel Bans.   Wife also works in CT and her work is closed for at least 2 weeks.

My work is on the essential businesses list so would take alot to shut me down they have me work from home i think first. Which is fine by me...

One day at a time here for me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:
One thing I found interesting in this is that several of these outbreaks originated in China.  We definitely need to make the phrase "Made In China" a thing of the past.  LOL
Agreed.   This should be a wake-up call for us to decouple our supply chain from relying so heavily on China.  
Their Government has proven to be very untrustworthy and even malicious throughout this ordeal that they should be taking  responsibility for.

As for my assault from last night, I will walk over to the police station later and report it.  I wish there was a way for me to warn more people about this type of thing but I do not use FB or Twitter and the local news doesn't care about older white guys.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Constantine wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Agreed.   This should be a wake-up call for us to decouple our supply chain from relying so heavily on China.  
Their Government has proven to be very untrustworthy and even malicious throughout this ordeal that they should be taking  responsibility for.

As for my assault from last night, I will walk over to the police station later and report it.  I wish there was a way for me to warn more people about this type of thing but I do not use FB or Twitter and the local news doesn't care about older white guys.

Video yourself telling your story and ask a friend to post it to you. Send it to your local news stations anyway. The news may not care, but they are looking for stories right now.  Something like this could definitely spark some discussion about how to treat our fellow man right now.  What you went through was not it.  Your story needs to be heard so that others can protect themselves both from jokesters like this, and people who would pull this level of prank need to know that our nation is on a powder keg of nerves and stress at a level where they could easily get hurt or killed for their insensitivity.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am

Locally, not much has changed. We have had one person test positive and it was a tourist. Beaches are closed until Friday. I can't believe they only closed it for 7 days and the mayor of PCB was against it (he owns several businesses on the water so all he cares about is his money). 

We spent the weekend in the backyard and I fired up the smoker on Saturday and Sunday. Our church streamed services live but I didn't get to see it. I did take a look at my childhood church as they were streaming too. It was like seeing some old friends for the first time in 20 years. The same pastor and the same music director from when I grew up.

No idea how the stores are, I didn't go to any. Found some toilet paper online at Walmart and ordered our cat food online as well.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 am

Things continue to get very challenging here.  In fact, I am surprised at how bad they are getting.

We now have a stay-in-place order as of last night.  That technically means no going outside except for grocery shopping and pharmacy needs.  They did this largely because people are being idiots and still doing things like having parties and playing basketball outside.

Meanwhile, stores and other concerns are closing so there are fewer places to go.   Restaurants that were doing take-out and delivery are also shutting down due to concerns for their workers and because they are not making enough money to justify staying open.

Store shelves are bare for most-needed items at the same time that they are disappearing online.

People aren't particularly neighborly or friendly either.  There are in their own little world.  This is not like 9/11.

I am starting to get very concerned as my food choices become very narrow and life becomes more restrictive.  
Sure, I have plenty to do at home, but I also have other needs like to see a dentist and other personal business that I cannot attend to right now.

I can't help but wonder why we didn't go through any of this with H1N1, Ebola, SARS, etc.  
I know there's a health crisis here but feel like this pandemic is really overblown and that it is driven more by panic and politics than real danger.  Maybe I'm just too cynical but this seems like mega-overkill when you compare the infection and death rates to past pandemics. The economy shutting down is creating a financial disaster that will decimate many small businesses and harm many families.

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:37 am

CT Stay in place takes effect 8pm tonight , Mass has no such order yet but I work in Ct and for an essential business so it really changes nothing for me.

One of my wife's jobs is allowing people to come back to work still not open to public but with no child care and her being very sick (see my prayer request) its not an option.

My brother who lives in OK might be infected. So for me its really hitting close to the mark.

I just hope i can get the ok to work from home cuz next week if wifes other job reopens we'll be in serious trouble as we have no daycare with the places being closed

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:13 pm

MI just went to a stay-in-place starting at midnight tonight.  My wife got 8 tiny rolls of TP at the grocery store today.  This will last our family about 5-6 days.  She said the store seemed well-stocked otherwise.

I still have a job, but I know plenty who are out of work for 3 weeks.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:38 pm

I think we need to be following the S. Korean model of dealing with this.  They isolated the people most at risk and those showing symptoms.  Everyone was made to stop for random temperature checks and made to wear some sort of mask.  How did that work?  Only 100 cases and they flamed up and out in two weeks.  We can make it easily with two weeks off.  But, if they keep this going for months and months, we will not regain our financial strength and our freedoms we gave up will not come back.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Totally agree with you Chris.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:I think we need to be following the S. Korean model of dealing with this.  They isolated the people most at risk and those showing symptoms.  Everyone was made to stop for random temperature checks and made to wear some sort of mask.

Part of my job is placing service calls for equipment repair. Whenever I ask for the hours of access to the machine, every hospital, senior center, manor, treatment facility that calls me to place a work order, tells me the technician will have to have his temperature checked, as well as "have an interview". (health questionnaire of some kind)

...before they will be allowed entry to said area.

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:07 am

At my work I have to get temperature scanned before i can even clock in.  Visitors have to fill out a health disclosure form but even now visitors are now only approved by the GM havent seen many here lately

sanitize my area 3 times a day too its crazy but i get it, its necessary but jsut like that the world's changed yet again

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:49 am

We're in a big lockdown now. Several rules are applicable locally:
-not going outside except for necessary visits; meaning doctor visits, gorcery shopping etc.
-not more than two people together from a different household; distance should be at least 5 ft
-walking the dogs and just a recreational walk are allowed though
-for hospitals: only women who give birth are allowed in the delivery room, fathers are allowed to visit the hospital one hour per day.

Especially that last one is a big nuisance for us, since my wife is pregnant and our baby daughter is due next month. Hopefully the restrictions are somewhat lifted by then.

Anyway, these measures have kept the level of cases and deaths relatively low in our state; only one so far. Plus, and I'm not meaning to be edgy here, but the people here are historically pretty used to following orders. The relation between the big government and the people is fairly good here.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 pm

TN governor Bill Lee ordered our schools closed until April 24.  Looks like I have another month of this crap.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:58 pm

We're apparently one of the worst hit states, and our Governor surely believes he hit the jackpot with all the face time he's getting in the media (he has Presidential aspirations, lol).

I can't imagine how this lock down can continue as-is for more than a few weeks. People are going batty and 90% of the stores and restaurants in my neighborhood are closed.  I hope they find a way to contain / cure this asap.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm

The President is sending notices to all the governors that they will be putting together guidelines for harder hit areas and allow lesser hit areas to resume standard work schedules.  I think he is making the right call on that.

In the mean time, I ordered a portable FM transmitter so we can go back to having church if we stay shut down for a while.   This way, people could come to the church and listen to the sermon from the safety of their cars.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:55 pm

Yep, shut down for the most part up here in Michigan. Local restaurants are taking it very hard, I reckon many will not survive if this continues. I'm glad to keep my job as I work for a major corporation at home. My son-in-law works for the same company, so he's alright too.

My son is well, he was a cook at the restaurant before all this began so he kept his job cooking take out orders. However, his hours have been cut so he got a job at a local grocery story to supplement, so he and his wife are doing fine also.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Good to see you again, New Creation. Welcome back and glad you are safe.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:54 pm

I’m in the New York/New Jersey area and work in The NYC area. NYC is shut down and the streets are like a ghost town. It is the eeriest feeling in the world... where there are always hundreds of people walking on sidewalks and gridlocked streets full of cars and trucks, now you have completely empty streets and the occasional jogger or tourist walking down a street. 

I’m still working as I’m considered an ‘essential’ worker for the city. My wife is also still working as she works in the local hospital on Staten Island. She’s basically at ground zero with this virus and sees the deaths of this virus daily...it’s taking a toll on her and I but we thank God that we are alive and healthy and we firmly believe He has His Hand over us as we do our jobs. 

Hey, on a positive note, I was able to score a couple of 4 packs of Scotts’s toilet paper yesterday at the local Walgreen’s...and I didn’t even have to kick anybody’s teeth in to buy it! The people here are nuts! And very selfishly hoarding anything and everything! My house is full as my kids are home from college and high school and doing online classes. The only drawback is I can’t blast my Metal while they are home doing their online work! Ha! Thank God for headphones!

Please everyone stay safe and wash your hands and we WILL get through this...Also, pray for our leaders; that God’s Hand will guide them in making the right decisions to lead us through this difficult time and to protect their health as well.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next