The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

+35
Contrarian Deist
HenrikB
deathisgain
Samson
Guenther321
BaleMaster
WildWorld
DilemnaNation
TZ75
oldschooldoom
Soldier777
Airola
RegnumIrae
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
MetalMusicforJesus99
Grindboy
L8T
Kerrick
Ammocas
New Creation
Snert I
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Constantine
39 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Guenther321 Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:55 pm

I am not so much for defunding the police as I am for demilitarizing them. I dont think that taking anything 10% or less out of their budget will change much either.

I'm really interested to know what trump has done for minorities? I dont understand how a man who is well documented as looking up to Robert E Lee and the confederacy can be seen as helping minorities, so a little info would be great.

Also, when we look back on segregation and racial injustice of the past, we can see that Democrats have a pretty bad record. Republicans record inst much better, if at all. At best, the Republican party was the good men who did nothing so that evil could be accomplished.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by WildWorld Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 pm

I think this thread has gone away from it's original purpose, may want to put that other stuff into a seperate topic.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 pm

As far as the Covid, or Rona, or WuFlu…...Only 10 patients in my hospital this past Monday.

MSM had a headline, this week, about a 30% spike coming due to people not social distancing.....So, I guess the largest public hospital in the most populated county in my state will have 13 patients next week.....The Boy Who Cried Wolf click-bait headlines don't take into consideration that most of us can do basic math.  MSM has painted the narrative that your "beliefs" about the CCP virus are "Tribal", but that is not what I am experiencing.  I talk to at least 20 new patients a week, and even those that do not like the current government regime think this is All a hoax, at least Completely over blown, even conspiracy.  

Again, my attitude is really bad, and I know that I am responsible to fix it.  I talk to people every day that do not share my world and life view and they also are very skeptical.  

Additionally I think that all the turmoil is just going to continue up to and after the election in Nov.  I am trying to just enjoy the days that we are given.  There is a Deliverance song in there, right?  Laughing
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Tennessee supposedly has 584 new cases today.  The numbers are inflated as there are 202 "probable" cases.  Either they have it or they don't.  I am sick of reports of possible and probable cases running up the numbers.  I am sick of hearing of tests that get counted twice.  I am tired of politicians promising to get us out from under this and then doing everything they can to hold us down even longer.

Much like the BLM situation that has reared it's head in the last two national election cycles, COVID-19 is a sham in the sense that it is meant to divide us and conquer us through fear.  I believe it won't be long before we need another tea party.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:23 pm

I agree completely that in the end this has most likely been overblown. But isn't that better than doing little to nothing until hundreds of thousands are dead? Or the hospitals get overwhelmed like in Italy? I think over caution is/was the best plan of action.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:31 pm

I've been having laptop problems so I didn't post last weeks numbers.  Unlike what the MSM said was going to happen we went from 10 covid pts to 8.  New numbers tomorrow, so we will have to hold our breath.  Very Happy

Lots of people that were working at the beginning of the lock-down are now laid off or just getting a few hours a week because the hospitals are totally Under-whelmed.  Thankfully I have job security in that my area has been the busiest these last few months.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:26 pm

L8T wrote:I've been having laptop problems so I didn't post last weeks numbers.  Unlike what the MSM said was going to happen we went from 10 covid pts to 8.  New numbers tomorrow, so we will have to hold our breath.  Very Happy

Lots of people that were working at the beginning of the lock-down are now laid off or just getting a few hours a week because the hospitals are totally Under-whelmed.  Thankfully I have job security in that my area has been the busiest these last few months.

Both my wife and my daughter work at a hospital.  Incredibly underwhelmed with Covid patients (25+ dedicated covid beds and never been full).  Many people in the hospital have been furloughed, and my wife has been "low censused" about half of her hours each week.  Fortunately my daughter works in a part of the hospital that can't be low censused (so she's kept her hours).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Guenther321 wrote:I agree completely that in the end this has most likely been overblown.  But isn't that better than doing little to nothing until hundreds of thousands are dead?  Or the hospitals get overwhelmed like in Italy? I think over caution is/was the best plan of action.
The numbers of a crashed economy don't support that point of view.  Mad
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 pm

While Tennessee is seeing a spike in cases, we also have a spike in testing.  Most of the new cases are asymptomatic.  The hospitals are mostly empty.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:54 pm

I haven't been reading much of the posts here since mid May. Some strong opinions. Regarding the ban on church attendance since mid May, i'm not sure how I feel. Here are some thoughts:

1. A part of me feel that this whole covid thing is blown out of wack and it's not as serious or just as serious an a really bad flu that can make you really sick and for those that have weaken immune systems they can risk dying from it. China knew this since late November and didn't disclose this until Late December/early January. I'm wondering if this is a test for a future germ warefare. 

2. When it comes to banning churches, the leftist governments will use every excuse to keep Christians from getting together. I wouldn't exactly call this persecution. Due to technology people can set up church meetings from their homes. I'm not sure how effective this would be in terms on laying hands to heal and pray for people. I don't think being separate in homes in a church meeting will hinder the Holy Spirit from moving on people. It also says in scripture where 2 or more is gathered in my name. It can be debated if this is only a physical gathering where we have today's technology and being in agreement spiritually by meeting in our houses. If this or another pandemic is very serious then we should practice common sense, not be stupid and and stay apart. 

These are just a couple if thoughts. Me and my wife are fortunate to work form home through all this. I feel for those that have lost jobs.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Opinion: Our “boy who cried COVID” media is gross
https://disrn.com/opinion/opinion-our-boy-who-cried-covid-media-is-gross/
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:23 am

The numbers of a crashed economy???

Economies go up and down - they recover.

People who died.....they dont matter. As long as I can keep my small business open, right?

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 am

Soldier777 wrote:I haven't been reading much of the posts here since mid May. Some strong opinions. Regarding the ban on church attendance since mid May, i'm not sure how I feel. Here are some thoughts:

1. A part of me feel that this whole covid thing is blown out of wack and it's not as serious or just as serious an a really bad flu that can make you really sick and for those that have weaken immune systems they can risk dying from it. China knew this since late November and didn't disclose this until Late December/early January. I'm wondering if this is a test for a future germ warefare. 

2. When it comes to banning churches, the leftist governments will use every excuse to keep Christians from getting together. I wouldn't exactly call this persecution. Due to technology people can set up church meetings from their homes. I'm not sure how effective this would be in terms on laying hands to heal and pray for people. I don't think being separate in homes in a church meeting will hinder the Holy Spirit from moving on people. It also says in scripture where 2 or more is gathered in my name. It can be debated if this is only a physical gathering where we have today's technology and being in agreement spiritually by meeting in our houses. If this or another pandemic is very serious then we should practice common sense, not be stupid and and stay apart. 

These are just a couple if thoughts. Me and my wife are fortunate to work form home through all this. I feel for those that have lost jobs.
I wouldn't call it persecution--but it is special treatment for Christians to be hindered from meeting to worship.  No such enforcement was levied against Muslims, if I recall.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:11 pm

On a more amusing note, while I'm very pro-mask, who thought this was a good idea?:

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 11 Il_340x270.2270385628_5c7s

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Just responding to the thread title, my local area......Two whole covid patients in the largest public medical center in the largest county of our state this week.  I wish it was 3 so I could put up a vid clip of that Tootsie Roll Owl.   Twisted Evil
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Guenther321 wrote:The numbers of a crashed economy???

Economies go up and down - they recover.

People who died.....they dont matter.  As long as I can keep my small business open, right?

Actually, that is completely wrong.  The people who died do matter.  But, we also have the flu that kills thousands EVERY YEAR and we don't shut down.  Smallpox is on the rise even in the USA again and polio still ravishes many nations in greater numbers than C-19 has.  People will always die, but you don't see massive government over-reach trying to take over every single aspect of a person's life to save those people.  We're all going to die even if we wipe out every sickness from old age.  Death is inevitable.

For the people who have lost their businesses, their livelihoods, and their dignity from watching the government shut them down and then give the loan money from our stimulus packages to corporations, the economy is important too.  Through this, they have been told by the government and the media that they were non-essential.  In my ears, that means unnecessary and unwanted.  No wonder we are seeing a spike in suicides nationwide now.  I guess those lives don't matter.  I guess crushing the dreams of every small business owner who looses their business and won't have the means to rebuild it is unimportant.  Having a sense of value and healthy pride is crucial to your mental health which in turn helps your own body to stave off serious illness.  But, those things don't matter as long as we submit to the demands of a government out of control.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Non-essential is not unwanted. Never was.

I dont even know how to answer the rest of your statement. So we should let people die from one cause because it might trigger another cause? Let's not put the cart before the horse and deal with one issue at a time instead of worrying about what might happen.

I say might because I googled suicide increase 2020. Lots of articles were people worry about an increase in suicides, and others calling suicide and covid-19 "an unknown" and one called it a "perfect storm". I found nothing about a definite increase because of covid-19.

Only found article about increases in suicide rates and it gave 2 time frames 1) 2006-2015 and 2) 1999- 2017. I just dont see a "spike". Could you point out your sources so I could read for myself?

Suicide is a big issue and those lives lost to it definitely matter, but again, why not deal with what's right in front of us first?

Yes there is probably some over reach taking place. Then again, there is nothing in the constitution or other laws that spell out what can and cant be done by our government during a pandemic. Most likely, this is because our Founding Fathers just figured that people would obey the advice from doctors and medical professionals.

My wife and I figured out once that we came within 6 ft of others around 500 to 600 times a week. After social distancing and closures, it has been down to 80 to 90 times a week. That's the whole concept on a nutshell. Less contact with others means less chance to contract or spread. If we left it up to everyone to do it on their own, most of our population would do whatever they want without any care for others.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:13 pm

The founders lived with disease daily. They didn't put it in because they never expected this to happen by our government.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:14 pm

Actually, our church has found a way to still have mass while social distancing by having multiple masses on Sunday (as well as one on Saturday), so the church doesnt get as crowded. They do require masks (though the Priest doesnt wear one, but he mostly stands behind the pulpit), but we can still worship.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:50 am

They never expected what to happen by our government? They lived with disease daily as Black Rider pointed out. They just expected people to listen to the doctors. That's what they themselves did, and they expected others to do the same.
I'm sure they never expected a government would have to force people to listen to doctors has anybody ever read anything about people refusing doctors recommendations during smallpox epidemics in colonial times? They didn't think they needed to tell people to be smart about diseases.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:46 am

They didn't ever lock themselves inside and not carry on with life and they would've been appalled that the government would force people to. They fought the war for independence during a smallpox epidemic and it didn't deter them. 
The fought over being taxed without representation, how do you think they'd have responded to government completely ruining people's businesses? As for the economy, it's doomed and it will dwarf the great depression.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:48 pm

First article I came across on suicides, but there are more.  Get off Google and use other search engines as Google has become as much of a silencer of dissention and a giver of misinformation as has CNN and the rest of the lamestream media. You may have to go off the first page to find more.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article241493126.html

No, we don't "just let people" die as we aren't doing that now.  You find treatments and administer those as quickly as possible.  Sure, we forced masks on the 1918 flu, but we did not do that with any other pandemics since and we faired just about as well.  We surely didn't shut down under Obama with the H1N1.  We got a treatment and got it to the doctors and hospitals so they could cure those that could be.  There are always people that will die in every big viral outbreak.

But, you make it seem like people losing their livelihood that they worked to build isn't just as important to them as their health.  So, we just toss peoples' businesses and how they care for their family into the garbage just so we can "protect people"?  I'm sorry, but only in this newfangled snowflake generation where everyone walks around offended over everything does this even make sense.  If the media were not driving this and the Left politicizing it to get more of their Marxist agenda pushed through, we wouldn't be doing much about this if we go by years between 1919 and 2020.

This is all about gaining more control over Americans and nothing more.  If you disagree, that is fine.  I doubt we will change one another's minds here.  But, remember this conversation when many of the rights you have given up in this will never be given back.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider, Superjuice and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:51 pm

Davidson County in Tennessee has passed a referendum requiring masks if you leave home.  Of course, there is no real law requiring this, so I don't think you will see more people wearing them or police trying to enforce it.  With all this "defund the police" rhetoric, I sure wouldn't be too worried about making people slap some cloth on their face.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider, BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:33 pm

I think they would be shocked the government forcing it, and that the government has to force it. Again, they listened to medical advice about isolating, washing, avoiding hotspots, and a lot of other things that if you do it today, you get called sheeple.
They did fight over taxation without representation - but it was about more than that. They were paying a tax ( series of taxes actually) that no other British subjects had to pay. So it wasn't only an issue of representation, but also of being treated like 2nd class citizens compared to England, amd even other British colonies throughout the world.

Alldata - thank you for the source. I would like to point out that it is about an increase in calls to prevention hotlines, not an increase in actual suicides.
I am not saying that a small business is more important than health. (Though I believe it is) I am actually saying the LIVING is more important than a business. Life is something you cant restart or find investors to help rebuild. Businesses you can, living you cant.

No we didn't use masks for the general public for epidemics after the 1918 flu. The were epidemics. This is a pandemic. There is a difference.

What it comes down to, Is you want to save people by protecting their business, I want to save people by keeping them alive.

H1N1 got a treatment pretty quick, and it wasn't as contagious as Covid-19.

What freedoms have I given up exactly? And will someone explain what they mean by snowflake generation? Is it really that hard to be nice to people and take responsibility when we cause offence?

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:37 pm

I feel like Naamans servant - 'it is such a simple thing to do to dip in the jordan...'

"...is it really that hard to wear a mask? Its like the easiest thing in the world.."

Last edited by Guenther321 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next