The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

+35
Contrarian Deist
HenrikB
deathisgain
Samson
Guenther321
BaleMaster
WildWorld
DilemnaNation
TZ75
oldschooldoom
Soldier777
Airola
RegnumIrae
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
MetalMusicforJesus99
Grindboy
L8T
Kerrick
Ammocas
New Creation
Snert I
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Constantine
39 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 7 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by WildWorld Mon May 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Our town still has a minor lockdown until May 25, but gyms, salons, and barbershops are now opening, with safety restrictions of course.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 7 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Black Rider Mon May 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Where do you live WildWorld?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon May 11, 2020 9:30 pm

Mississippi

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Mon May 11, 2020 10:08 pm

"Hero"

L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2020 12:51 am

Constantine wrote:^Yikes!   This lockdown has brought out the worst in some people.   We haven't had noisy neighbors but we do have roosters in my neighborhood that are very noisy, at all hours.  It's crazy because I live in an urban city.  I called animal control but they refuse to do anything to help.
That is a sound like an alarm, that would definitely wake people up. Why would they not take action on this? Then they wonder why someone will take matters into their own hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 12, 2020 1:03 am

^I'm just surprised that the neighbors are putting up with this noise. I haven't talked to any about it yet but I don't understand why no one has hunted the roosters yet. Unless they are being used for illegal cock fights and the neighbors are afraid of the people doing that.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 12, 2020 11:21 am

I am wondering if I will have a job next school year or not.  With the massive drop in sales tax revenue due to the virus shutdowns, our school system is letting go of a lot of teachers, EAs, etc.  They will not be purchasing new textbooks or new tech for the new school year.  Even some of the higher paying jobs with the school board are being done away with.  The county commission has told every department that it funds that they will have to make massive cuts across the board whether it be the crews that fix potholes or firefighters and cops.  Everyone is having to make cuts.  So, even if we opened up completely, jobs are still going to be dropping around here.  In my county, the school system is the largest employer with Amazon following closely behind.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I am wondering if I will have a job next school year or not.  With the massive drop in sales tax revenue due to the virus shutdowns, our school system is letting go of a lot of teachers, EAs, etc.  They will not be purchasing new textbooks or new tech for the new school year.  Even some of the higher paying jobs with the school board are being done away with.  The county commission has told every department that it funds that they will have to make massive cuts across the board whether it be the crews that fix potholes or firefighters and cops.  Everyone is having to make cuts.  So, even if we opened up completely, jobs are still going to be dropping around here.  In my county, the school system is the largest employer with Amazon following closely behind.
Same in my household. As many of you may or may not know my wife was a high school teacher this year but quit at the end of Feb. The next week she found a job in support staff at an elementary school and loved it! She gave teaching a try and did it for 3-4 years and it just wasn't for her. She felt better being a support staff person and not having to deal with parents or rude students (that's a long story in itself). She only had her new job for about 3 weeks then schools shutdown. Last week she got a letter from the school saying due to cuts she would not be needed next year. She was greatly disappointed but kind of expected it. I told her she had the least seniority of anyone because she had only worked there a couple of weeks. The principal did tell her to keep an eye open for job openings on the district website for support staff at the school and they actually had one posted a couple of days ago. She applied but never heard anything back which was a bit odd. One of her coworkers did tell her it is typical to get the letter that you are not needed only to get another one right before school starts to ask you back so maybe, just maybe that will happen. If not oh well, then God has other plans.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2020 8:45 pm

We will be counting the cost of job losses many years after we stop counting the cost of Covid-19 deaths. Shows us how we are not in control when a microscopic virus can bring the world to a halt. Reminds me of the Tower of Babel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed May 13, 2020 1:49 am

Governor Dewine cut Ohio's budget by 700 million dollars. He took 350 million of that from the schools. Our district's budget was cut immediately by over $600,000 and may have further cuts next school year. Needless to say people are not being replaced if they left and support staff will not be rehired unless the are required by law (such as 1-1 aids for special needs students). Class sizes will go up and jobs will be shuffled to make due.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed May 13, 2020 7:28 am

We are huge fans of the show Monk. Last year we watched the entire series on Amazon Prime with our kids. if you have never seen it I suggest you binge watch it, it is an excellent show!

If you don't know who Adrian Monk is, he is a former detective and hypochondriac. it is so bad he had to leave the force but they still use him to help solve crimes. he is also very OCD. Anyway, when this whole pandemic started I mentioned Monk to my wife. I said "I wonder what Monk would do in all of this?". Well now we have our answer. Fast forward to 1:39. If you are a fan of the show you will enjoy the mini-reunion.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed May 13, 2020 12:24 pm

^Monk is awesome!
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Loved Monk, wish it would come back to television.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 16, 2020 9:48 am

We went to a Mexican place last night with a couple from church in Nashville.  Mayor Cooper of Nashville has been one of the more power-mad mayors with this.  He has said that if you went to a restaurant without a mask that the health department would fine the owners $50 for every infraction.  So, we go in and the staff of course is wearing their protective gear.  We saw one mask dweller!  I guess people just aren't that concerned!

On a bright note, except for the 6 counties with higher case numbers, the governor is taking away restrictions on restaurants and retail next Friday.  They won't have to keep those establishments at 50% capacity anymore.  They are also reopening things like bars, allowing live music in bars, bowling alleys, movie theaters, etc.  These new openings will have restrictions for a few weeks.

I am so ready for this to be done.  If I get sick and die, so be it.  I will be at home with the Lord.  NONE of us are getting out of this world alive if the Lord delays His coming.

I have a 92 year old man at my church.  I asked him if he were worried about the virus.  He thinks he's already had it.  However, his answer to me was this, "Why should I worry about this?  I stand just as much chance of dying from being 92 as I do from getting a virus.  I've had a good run."

That sums it all up for me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 18, 2020 6:49 pm

I am now unfriending and blocking people on social media that have a differing opinion than mine about this virus, but ONLY if they get nasty and start hurling insults and name calling.  In all of this, I think we are going to see rudeness rise to new levels as things begin to relax.  Most interaction with other people has been done through social media during these shutdowns, and it appears to have brought out the worst in folks.  I am sick of it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon May 18, 2020 7:06 pm

^Ask these people who insult you to tell you what they think of Andrew Cuomo, who through written order on March 25, forced nursing homes to accept Covid-positive patients, leading to over 5,300 deaths in nursing homes. That's fully 1/3 of the state's Covid deaths.

He's the media and press darling right now, and yet he did this. Thankfully, there is growing pressure across party lines for an investigation on all this. The corrupt media continues to sweep it all under the rug to save his behind, but the families want answers and accountability.

And yet they call those who want a little common sense the monsters.

Proverbs 29:2, NIV: "When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan."
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon May 18, 2020 7:29 pm

I predict many lawsuits coming for Mr. Cuomo.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue May 19, 2020 7:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:I am now unfriending and blocking people on social media that have a differing opinion than mine about this virus, but ONLY if they get nasty and start hurling insults and name calling.  In all of this, I think we are going to see rudeness rise to new levels as things begin to relax.  Most interaction with other people has been done through social media during these shutdowns, and it appears to have brought out the worst in folks.  I am sick of it.
I went the distance and deactivated my Failbook account.  I chimed in on a thread discussing Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot and Illinois' epically failed gubernatorial body double for Fred Flintstone, Pritzker.  "Sieg heil" I offered up.  "Bow the knee to these almighty dictators!" For my time and trouble, I was charged by the Failbook court with "hate speech."   Evil or Very Mad
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 am

Constantine wrote:^Ask these people who insult you to tell you what they think of Andrew Cuomo, who through written order on March 25, forced nursing homes to accept Covid-positive patients, leading to over 5,300 deaths in nursing homes.  That's fully 1/3 of the state's Covid deaths.

He's the media and press darling right now, and yet he did this.  Thankfully, there is growing pressure across party lines for an investigation on all this.  The corrupt media continues to sweep it all under the rug to save his behind, but the families want answers and accountability.

And yet they call those who want a little common sense the monsters.

Proverbs 29:2, NIV: "When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan."
But don't forget: the Orange Bad Man is the dictator.  Evil or Very Mad
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 am

FB is going all out on censorship, people need to jump ship and find a new platform. Something like MeWe which is much more open.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 am

BaleMaster wrote:I went the distance and deactivated my Failbook account.  I chimed in on a thread discussing Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot and Illinois' epically failed gubernatorial body double for Fred Flintstone, Pritzker.  "Sieg heil" I offered up.  "Bow the knee to these almighty dictators!" For my time and trouble, I was charged by the Failbook court with "hate speech."   Evil or Very Mad
Never underestimate the nefarious nature of these globalist tech companies.

I do a lot of political posts on YouTube videos.  YouTube will frequently shadowban or even erase my comments altogether.  Because I might call CNN the "Chinese Narrative Network," or (worst of all) if I dare to say that transgenderism should not be pushed on prepubescent kids because it confuses them and they are not equipped to process such things.

Because - Oh no! - that's considered hate speech! 

Meanwhile, I and others have received the most vile, disgusting insults from outraged people.  
I have received death threats, and threats to hunt me down. Or they'll call for sexual violence against the Trump family. 
Really twisted, grotesque stuff.

But if I report these sick attacks to You Tube, YT does NOTHING.  Because presumably, nothing is 'hate speech" to YT if it's against a more conservative, sane voice.

Google (which owns YT) and Facebook have already been exposed for trying to influence the 2016 election.  
And it's clear to almost everyone by now how agenda-driven and hateful the media is against this administration and it's voters. This is all only getting worse as we head into November.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 19, 2020 10:30 am

Black Rider wrote:FB is going all out on censorship, people need to jump ship and find a new platform. Something like MeWe which is much more open.
Have you used MeWe?   Are there many people on it yet?   

It looks interesting, although I don't know how they are going to make money if they do not push ads and don't sell your personal info.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue May 19, 2020 10:30 am

These nefarious companies need to be split up--Alphabet (which owns Google and YouTube), Fakebook, Twitter, and the like.  I'd like to see AG Barr use antitrust legislation against them.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 am

BaleMaster wrote:These nefarious companies need to be split up--Alphabet (which owns Google and YouTube), Fakebook, Twitter, and the like.  I'd like to see AG Barr use antitrust legislation against them.
Agreed.   I'd like to see AG Barr do a lot of things, but I am not going to hold my breath.  
He has already stated that they would not be pursuing a case against a certain former President and VP for the illegal and unethical hit-job on Flynn.

So let's just say that i have been disappointed so far.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Constantine wrote:
Black Rider wrote:FB is going all out on censorship, people need to jump ship and find a new platform. Something like MeWe which is much more open.
Have you used MeWe?   Are there many people on it yet?   

It looks interesting, although I don't know how they are going to make money if they do not push ads and don't sell your personal info.

I just made a profile a few days ago.  I haven't used it much but if it takes off, I may transition away from FB to it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next