The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitecross it's Whitecross 2.0 now

+25
Rockrz
Pro-Zak
Tombie
deathisgain
oldschooldoom
force perspective
bodachi
WildWorld
TZ75
Constantine
grandeped
Soldier777
alldatndensum
My Awesome Timothy
Follower of Jesus
Markus1987
Dustofyears
eatbugs
Staybrite
MikeInFla
/<
BaleMaster
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Lex Metalis
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Whitecross it's Whitecross 2.0 now - Page 4 Empty Re: Whitecross it's Whitecross 2.0 now

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:53 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:
grandeped wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:This is sad and that's why Christian Metal is dying.

It's pretty off-base to say that, as the fans of metal have proven year after year after year that they will put a lot of their money into buying releases, merch, etc. So many bands have pulled weird stunts like this one that turned out bad (at least in the opinions of many). Ever thought about how it might be stuff like this that drives fans away? It's not up to us fans to buy whatever any band puts out just because They still need to turn out quality material. Just dismissing it all as "criticism" won't help the bands know what their fans want at all.
Just look at the facts. How many classic christian bands are still active right now???

Stryper
Narnia

I guess that's all.

These bands are either working on (or plan on working on) releasing a new album, or have recently released a new album, or are playing shows:

Bloodgood
Jerusalem
Saint
Trytan
X-Sinner (Greg Bishop un-retired)
Sacred Warrior
Worldview (basically Recon, right?)
Paradox (yes, they are putting out a new album)
Arsenal
Emerald
Stairway
Impellitteri / Rob Rock
Angelica
Rage of Angels (this may have fell apart)
Joshua Perahia
You must be kidding me...

LAst analyze band by band:

Bloodgood - Last album was released 7 years ago + 1 or 2 conerts a year
Jerusalem - Last album was released 10 years ago
Saint - Released new music after 7 years from last release - Plus a couple of live concerts meantime
Trytan - New album in works after an entire age of retirement
X-Sinner (Greg Bishop un-retired) - LAst album was released 11 years ago
Sacred Warrior - Last album released 7 years ago. A new album is in the works for several years
Worldview (basically Recon, right?) - Only album was released 5 years ago + a couple of concerts meantime
Paradox (yes, they are putting out a new album) - Who???
Arsenal - Who??
Emerald - WHo??
Stairway - LAst album was released 4 years ago
Impellitteri / Rob Rock - Ok, they are kind of active with two releases in the last few years + some live appearances. But Rob Rock is sadly done a decade ago.
Angelica - C'mon, just a Cameron solo album with no vocals doesn't mean the band is active 
Rage of Angels (this may have fell apart) - What have they done in the last decade?
Joshua Perahia - Last album was released 8 years ago and no lic=ve concerts meantime.

So, in the end of the day, the list is this:

Stryper 
Narnia
Impellitteri

You and I have different concepts of the term "active band".

Back to top Go down

Whitecross it's Whitecross 2.0 now - Page 4 Empty Re: Whitecross it's Whitecross 2.0 now

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:48 pm

Just wanted to pop in to say that Worldview sounds really nothing like Recon.  Smile

I think Deliverance are active too, at least in my book.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:10 am

Hopefully the new Stairway album should be out this year.  A short while ago they said...
Lead vocals, main guitars and bass are already done. Drums and lead guitar going on soon.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Just wanted to pop in to say that Worldview sounds really nothing like Recon.  Smile

To consider a band active, they should release at least two brand new albums in a two or three years, plus live concerts.

It's very common to have bands such as Deliverance that releases an album and then stay inactive for 5, 6 years and they are doing it for almost 20 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:Just wanted to pop in to say that Worldview sounds really nothing like Recon.  Smile

To consider a band active, they should release at least two brand new albums in a two or three years, plus live concerts.

Based on that definition, there are virtually no metal bands active these days besides Overkill.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:16 pm

Now that most towns have closed bars and stopped concert venues from opening due to the COVID-19 situation, I would say that there are probably no currently active bands.  Period.  You may get a couple that get together and do a live streaming event that you have to pay for rather than a live concert.  But, that won't be the same as seeing them on stage.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:

Couldn't disagree more and, without being rude,  I think that it probably the most ridiculous criteria I have ever herd.

A band is active if the band is doing ANY of these things.....rehearsing, recording, writing songs, releasing an album or even a single, playing shows...or even just if the band SAYS they are back together and the possibility lies on them doing any of the previously mentioned things. Based on your criteria, there are a lot of bands that were NEVER active because they only released one album.....while other bands never toured so they must never have been active either.

Were you serious about that or were you being sarcastic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

Couldn't disagree more and, without being rude,  I think that it probably the most ridiculous criteria I have ever herd.

A band is active if the band is doing ANY of these things.....rehearsing, recording, writing songs, releasing an album or even a single, playing shows...or even just if the band SAYS they are back together and the possibility lies on them doing any of the previously mentioned things. Based on your criteria, there are a lot of bands that were NEVER active because they only released one album.....while other bands never toured so they must never have been active either.

Were you serious about that or were you being sarcastic?
Kind of serious. 

I may have mispelled a word or two there, as I think the band has to release some albums in  recent time or either played some live concerts.

Why? There are too many bands that are only releasing an album and then they realize there's no demand for live concerts and they don't have strengh, perseverance, motivation or either money to keep the band active.

If you think about it, you will see the logic I have been using. However, You may not agree with it, and it's alright. I have the right to say my opinion and so do you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Now that most towns have closed bars and stopped concert venues from opening due to the COVID-19 situation, I would say that there are probably no currently active bands.  Period.  You may get a couple that get together and do a live streaming event that you have to pay for rather than a live concert.  But, that won't be the same as seeing them on stage.
You know, the Covid-19 crisis is so current. 

In my evaluation, I would say: How many concerts has the band played last year, for instance?
How many albums they have released in the las 3, 4 years?

If this crisis or these kind of crisis last long (I pray to God it Won't), I may update my criteria, but it is what it is for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Let's take an example here:

Most of you would consider Saint an active band, But I won't.

I checked the band's facebook page, and it seems like they haven't played more than a couple of concerts in the last 5 years.
They have just released an album, but it is the first one in 5 years.

Why aren't they active? Obviously there's no enough demand for live concerts for them that fits their price.
So, after releasing The Calf, they don't even need to see each other even for a reharsal.

Is there any expectation for another album? Maybe in another 5 years.
So, not active for me. I wouldn't give a status of "split up", but maybe: "on hiatus"

If they surprise me with some live concerts or either another album in 1, 2 years from now, then I might update their status to active in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 pm

I agree with Tiago that most metal bands just aren't active enough.

I think we need to consider that Christian metal bands probably take their familial duties more seriously as well and that makes it harder to play rock star quite as often.

I really think metal bands should try to release a new album every 12-18 months.  Yes, I know my own band hasn't even come close to that but I still think that is a good ideal to shoot for.

Tiago, how often do you think bands should play live shows?  We must keep in mind that in many places, metal is just not a big draw.  How few people can come to shows for you to consider it not worth a band's time?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Tiago, how often do you think bands should play live shows?  We must keep in mind that in many places, metal is just not a big draw.  How few people can come to shows for you to consider it not worth a band's time?
No much. I took a look at the Narnia website and they did just two live appearances in this year, and have another one coming.
As they also did around a dozen concerts in the last year, I would say Narnia is an active band, even if they hadn't had released new music.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:48 pm

eatbugs wrote:Maybe Rex & Co. should just focus on King James.

First we had Whitecross without Rex, now we have Whitecross without Scott.  My thoughts of post-Rex Whitecross were that it wasn't bad (especially Unveiled) but they should have changed their name and started fresh as something else.  I'll bet I'll feel the same way about this.

Yes, was thinking about this as well.   Have had the pleasure to see shows with and without Rex.   Both good shows, but somehow it's just not the same. A singer makes even a greater difference.

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I agree with Tiago that most metal bands just aren't active enough.

I think we need to consider that Christian metal bands probably take their familial duties more seriously as well and that makes it harder to play rock star quite as often.

I really think metal bands should try to release a new album every 12-18 months.  Yes, I know my own band hasn't even come close to that but I still think that is a good ideal to shoot for.

It's logical. I mean... many of these bands were releasing in my teenage years. I loved them... I am approaching 50... So these guys.... Guess they have a life besides playing.  Playing and practise is fun.  I once spoke with scott wenzel after a concert and was curious what I should think of playing in a band like whitecross in terms of earning.

To my surprise he told me that very little christian bands made big money from it. Stryper seemed to be one of the few. In spite of the fact that whitemeatal bands could be very famous, the earnings were just way less. And I can understand. When I went to my last concert (a while ago alrready ;-) ) I paid about 20 euro's for a ticket. My son goes to Priest in July (if permitted because of corona). A ticket costs about 86 Euro. I mean... wow.. and that seems quit normal.

Back on topic... what is active?  The only one who can judge that is the band itselves. I gues active is if you are playing together regularly, albeit, performance of practise.  Selling cd's is just a way of making money. Releasing an album has nothing to do with being 'active'. Many bands released 'albums' which were nothing more than ripp-offs of earlier cd's, just because money had to come in.

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:00 pm

These bands are either working on (or plan on working on) releasing a new album, or have recently released a new album, or are playing shows: wrote:
Bloodgood
Jerusalem
Saint
Trytan
X-Sinner (Greg Bishop un-retired)
Sacred Warrior
Worldview (basically Recon, right?)
Paradox (yes, they are putting out a new album)
Arsenal
Emerald
Stairway
Impellitteri / Rob Rock
Angelica
Rage of Angels (this may have fell apart)
Joshua Perahia
Boy,
I would LOVE to get a new X-Sinner album, but then with David Robbins un-retired :-)    Get-It is one of my absolute favorite all-time christian metal albums.

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Warzawa wrote:I think thr Altar Boys and the Prayer Chain are also making music again

Sad if this is all true bout the Scott/Rex rift. Not surprised tbh but still sad. Whitecross had some good music back in the day, Saw them live three times and even met Scott Wenzel once. Wasnt a positive experience and I left it feeling like something was off.
Yes... Altar Boys have a great album released on Spotify. Really like it.

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:18 am

Tuckson wrote:
Warzawa wrote:I think thr Altar Boys and the Prayer Chain are also making music again

Sad if this is all true bout the Scott/Rex rift. Not surprised tbh but still sad. Whitecross had some good music back in the day, Saw them live three times and even met Scott Wenzel once. Wasnt a positive experience and I left it feeling like something was off.
Yes... Altar Boys have a great album released on Spotify. Really like it.

I met Scott in 2013 at Skull Fest in Nebraska. Met him before the show while he was just standing around waiting....also got to talk to him again after the show for a bit. Plus I got to introduce the band on stage. He seemed very nice to me. They all did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Black Rider wrote:Sounds good. Anyone else think he sounds like Herbie Langhans here?
Like Axl Rose?

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:17 am

If they decide to put out new material, hopefully it'll be in the vein of the first 2 albums. I like Triumphant Return, In the Kingdom, and High Gear, but I preferred the more raw, almost "sleaze metal" feel of the first 2.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:59 am

I see that Bloodgood has scheduled a concert in February with Whitecross as the opening act: Bloodgood & Whitecross concert

Whitecross doesn't seem to have any official online presence (though I'm not on Facebook). Anyone know the lineup that Whitecross will have for this? The last news update I saw was a year and a half ago.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:56 am

Pure Metal Fan Magazine just posted this. The sound is not the greatest, but it doesn't sound bad.

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:44 am

Soldier777 wrote:I'm not sure if I agree with you Thiago that Christian Metal is dying. Back in the 80's, bands were younger and released albums every 1-3 years and toured and went back to writing and recording the next album.
As they got older they got married, had kids, grunge happened in North America (the classic AOR, hard rock  and metal remained popular in Japan, South East Asia, Europe and Latin America), the internet (which was both a blessing and a curse (illegal downloads and bands can create and distribute their own products instead of relying on record companies which often rip off the artists) all happened at the same time.

Around 2000-2003 with the increased popularity of classic rock radio stations bands who were dormant or stopped all together in the early 90s for 5-10 years or so who had an online presence, had existing websites since the 90s, or created websites since the 2000s regained some of the popularity.

Bands like Stryper, Saint, Deliverance, Bloodgood and others regrouped in the 2000s. Band will never regain the full fan base that had in the 89's an 90s or have that gold or platinum album. However they seem to be gaining attention. When you consider the podcasts like Talk is Jericho and others that talk about their favorite Christian bands and memories or other mainstream artists who reference a Christian band who is an influence.

Another thing is this band may not be the best example where they aren't a Christian band, but I have heard that Chris Impellitteri was advised to get a record distribution contract for other markets like Asia, specifically Japan. When bands like Impellitteri lost popularity in North America from the popularity of alternative and grunge din the early 90s, Chris was able to record, sell records and go on short 3-4 week tours in places like South Korea and Japan, come home for a few weeks and go tour again.  

Places like Japan love the AOR and Hard Rock and since companies like Girder Music have been reissuing classic albums, especially the past year or 2, vendors like Japan has been buying these releases in bulk as well.

Christina Metal my be stagnat in certain areas but in other areas it seems to be not the case.
Well said
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:49 am

Thanks for posting that live vid D.I.G.
I think that sounds rather promising, would have been easier to tell if the vocals where higher in the mix.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:18 pm

Saw this one pass by as well ...
e

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckson Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:I see that Bloodgood has scheduled a concert in February with Whitecross as the opening act: Bloodgood & Whitecross concert

Whitecross doesn't seem to have any official online presence (though I'm not on Facebook). Anyone know the lineup that Whitecross will have for this? The last news update I saw was a year and a half ago.

Like it. Though Dave seems to have some difficulties with higher parts. Take it to the limit sounds rather forced.

Tuckson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4