The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross

+8
stevegarveyfan
heck
Sevenoneself
bodachi
Follower of Jesus
Dustofyears
Raegoul
Pethead
12 posters

Go down

Angelica or Whitecross

First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross I_vote_lcap29%First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross I_vote_lcap71%First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 17

First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross Empty First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross

Post by Pethead Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:26 pm

Two great bands. Two guitar heroes. 6 awesome albums. But which set is your favorite?

For me, I love both. My favorites from each band are their second albums. But, well, I love Angelica a bit more.

What about you???
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross Empty Re: First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross

Post by Raegoul Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:53 am

Whitecross for me. Overall catchier tunes.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross Empty Re: First 3 Angelica vs. First 3 Whitecross

Post by Dustofyears Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:21 am

Whitecross. same reason as Raegoul. And Triumphant Return, bar Lamb of God, is a dope album.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 pm

Whitecross!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:14 pm

I accidentally voted for Angelica, which I cannot stand. Can I change my vote?
You're comparing a metal band with a hair band. I don't see how they're similar enougj for a poll like this
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:25 pm

bodachi wrote:I accidentally voted for Angelica, which I cannot stand. Can I change my vote?
You're comparing a metal band with a hair band. I don't see how they're similar enougj for a poll like this
I don’t know that I can change the votes. 

Both bands can be classified as melodic/hair/glam/pop metal/hard rock to some degree.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:44 pm

Shoot! Another poll that I have nothing to offer on, as I have never listened to a full Whitecross album. I didn't like Scott Wenzel's voice on their song on The Extremely Loud Guitar Tape, and so I never sought any more of their music out. 

However, I did find Scott's solo album "Film at 11" at a pawn shop somewhere, and I LOVE the song, including his vocals, on "He is Amazing". So I think I need to check Whitecross's music out now.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:46 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:Shoot! Another poll that I have nothing to offer on, as I have never listened to a full Whitecross album. I didn't like Scott Wenzel's voice on their song on The Extremely Loud Guitar Tape, and so I never sought any more of their music out. 

However, I did find Scott's solo album "Film at 11" at a pawn shop somewhere, and I LOVE the song, including his vocals, on "He is Amazing". So I think I need to check Whitecross's music out now.
Can’t go wrong with the first 3. (Just skip the ballads). The next two are also good, but more commercial.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:04 pm

those first 3 Angelica albums featured 3 different singers, and I enjoyed that variety.   Interesting that the second record is the best for both bands.  Walkin’ in Faith vs. hammer n nail is a tough choice.  Lyrically, both hit the mark.   Dennis and Rex shred.   The tie breaker for me is the song Not Too Late.  Thank you Dennis Cameron for that one.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:22 pm

heck wrote:those first 3 Angelica albums featured 3 different singers, and I enjoyed that variety.   Interesting that the second record is the best for both bands.  Walkin’ in Faith vs. hammer n nail is a tough choice.  Lyrically, both hit the mark.   Dennis and Rex shred.   The tie breaker for me is the song Not Too Late.  Thank you Dennis Cameron for that one.
Agreed on all counts!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:31 pm

I chose Whitecross, but that was WAY difficult.  I had never considered it before.  I think Angelica was more consistently good, but Whitecross had Triumphant Return, which pretty much wins it for them.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:16 pm

Two good bands….Whitecross for me.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:00 am

I also went with Whitecross.  The songwriting was more consistent, and having a solid vocalist didn't hurt, either.  Angelica suffered from not having a consistent lineup.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:49 pm

Whitecross song-writing was more consistent.   
That said, "Walkin' In Faith" is a terrific album and definitely the best one in the Angelica catalog.  
As far as the best Whitecross album, hard to say - they are have their highlights and low points.

P.S. A poll can be set up where people can change votes - at least that is how I used to be able to set one up.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:47 am

I like both bands but I went with Whitecross. The first Angelica album is hard for me to get into and I'd give it a 6/10. The last 3 Angelica albums to me are better (WIF, RSAB and TIAIT). The first 3 Whitecross is their best albums unless the guys releases an album that blows the first 3 away which according to Rex there is one in the works.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down