The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Christian Metal Really Come To This????

+12
Kerrick
Andreas89
WildWorld
Temple of Blood
Grindboy
Constantine
alldatndensum
Markus1987
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Hardcore Christian
MetalMusicforJesus99
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Has Christian Metal Really Come To This???? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has Christian Metal Really Come To This????

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanks! I downloaded Charms of Sin a while back when it was made free on Bandcamp but actually haven't listened to it much or looked in to the lyrics.

Also I just noticed that I wrote "fresh of breath air" in my original post, lol.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Has Christian Metal Really Come To This???? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has Christian Metal Really Come To This????

Post by Kerrick Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:32 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:Note: I've only read the OP for this thread, so any of my thoughts expressed below are unrelated to the other replies.

I've been a little put off by the lack of lyrical quality in Christian black metal now and in the past. Lots of bands love to focus on "killing demons" or just kind of obscure "dark" lyrics that don't sound very Christian at all. Part of it I'm sure is an attempt to conform to the musical style, but I don't think it's really necessary to do that. I find bands like Grave Declaration to be a fresh of breath air with their truly God-centered lyrics. I wish more bands would write like that.

This past year there were some [musically] really fantastic albums that came out from Christian bands across a broad spectrum of genres.  But almost all of the albums I enjoyed most musically had pretty watered-down lyrics (in terms of specifically/overtly Christian themes) which was a big disappointment for me.  A few exceptions to that were albums from Irgalom, The Arbiter, and Skald in veum - whose lyrics I really appreciate.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Mmmmmm, he said Grave Declaration.  So good!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat May 09, 2020 7:18 pm

I was transcribing lyrics for Neizbezhnost's album yesterday and was shocked to find just how bad it was. Almost all of the album except for the last track is a portrayal of human evil (much of it directed at the listener himself) followed by the admonition to simply "do good". No mention of Christ, the cross, salvation, repentance, faith, etc. It is a cruel thing to show a man his sin but withhold his Savior. The Law and the Gospel must be given, not just one or the other.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat May 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Neizbezhnost - Ukraine band? That's a shame. Have you checked out Angel 7? They are pretty straightforward with their lyrics, and most are in English.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat May 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Yeah they're from Ukraine. I have listened to some Angel 7 (and downloaded a couple albums from Bandcamp - their early stuff was made available for name your price) and they sound pretty good. I haven't looked much into their lyrics though.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 am

MetalMusicforJesus99 wrote:I was looking at Destroy the Runner - Void [Explicit].  It's not the first time I encountered the F bomb appearing on a band who once appeared in a Christian book stores.  I've listened to many Podcasts and Found some old Christian Metal band that I loved years ago, doing the same thing.  It made me feel like writing this.  When I started writing I had no idea that I would write this much!  Sorry.

I don't look "Metal" but there must be something "Metal" in my heart because I can't seem to make myself listen to the alternative.  Which seems to be Praise and Worship music.  (I'm speaking in popularity, the mainstream Christian focus)  I like something that I can relate too and sink my teeth into.  As much as I love some soft stuff from time to time, I can't stand anything that makes God sound wimpy.

I remember getting into Christian Hard Rock as a kid.  Mylon and a Broken Heart - The Crank it Up Album was my first exposer.  At first I didn't really like it but it grew on me, and once it did, hard rock got into me and stayed.  To this day I love Hard Rock and Metal music.  I really love it when it's got spiritual themes throughout the songs.  But as Christian Metal and Hard Rock has evolved, I'm beginning to wonder if many of the new bands are loosing the understanding of what being a Believer in Jesus really means.  When I listen to the songs I get the impression that the writers are lost and confused.  In some ways this is great, because we all go through confusing times as we try to walk with the Lord.  But it's finally getting to the point to where these artists seem to think that they need to include so called swear words like the F word.  What is the purpose?  To be more honest?  To better relate to the masses?  Or to shock us more?  The Bible clearly tells us what our speech should be like, and to conform to what the Bible describes is a challenge for me. I completely understand how life can be aggravating and your tempted to drop a few bombs here and there.  But I'm like, Hey, you know your not supposed to act like that.  Maybe I need to get talk more to Jesus and say, Hey please change my heart.  But it seems like these people want use to embrace it.  I remember listening to a podcast, where the Christian Singer said "It's just words"  It got me scratching my head and thinking, when the Bible says God spoke everything into existence, were those "just words"?   Words have meaning and power!  Words can make you feel good or make you feel bad. The Gospel Message is presented through words.  If they are just words, then everything I'm writing right now means nothing.

I'm feeling low about this because when I first got into Christian Metal, I was really impressed by the message the bands were spreading.  Now days?  I just don't know.  It seems like the spiritual confused bands are the ones taking over.  I miss the bands who used to scream scripture.  I know what some people might be thinking.  This is an outreach, and screaming that stuff turns the unbeliever off.  This circles back to my first reason why I mentioned "Praise and Worship" music.  It's like saying "Once we reach them, now they got to go to Praise and Worship music to build themselves up through music, or stop listening to music and just focus on Bible reading.  That is kinda where I'm at right now.  Since I don't really care that much for the modern Praise and Worship stuff, and I'm a little put off by the direction of Christian Metal, I find myself burying myself into my Audio Bible and any Preacher/Teacher that I think is sticking to scripture.  It feels a bit out of balance because sometimes you just need some good Music to give you a kick.  So you can come back to the Scriptures again.

The bible is not entirely clear on what is or is not acceptable or offensive language, at least in terms of so-called *swear* words. Yeshua himself used terms and language that was in his time and culture considered the offensive or swearing language of that time and culture.
So-called *swear* words language is contingent on and subjective to the era and culture, always has been.
I don't understand this fear of *swearing* amongst SOME Christian's today and their need to judge their fellow Christians who use such...unless it is all they say, like every second word(but the words arent the problem, but rather the lack of intellect and maturity.)..if they use it sparsely...to make a point or to exclamate, I can't see the problem with it even within the context of the Christian religion.
It seems to me those so hyper sensitively offended by it and who think it so wrong are like the pharisees in Christs day who were filled with judgemental self righteousness and virtue signaling and would even get after Yeshua for using terms and language that in their time was the offensive language or terms or -swearing* of that time and place

Even when I was a born againer I didn't understand this fear of peppering language here and there with certain so-called *offensive* exclamations for effect or to make a point or my fellow Christians who had a overly sensitive offended over reaction to it when other Christians...or anyone did occasionally use so called *swear* words. It just seems to e an excuse for self righteous, hypocritical, virtue signaling, perpetually offended pharisees to misjudge or over judge others and feel good about themselves.

Ya know, what exactly is a swear word? Several decades ago simply saying *dude* or *cool* or *rad* or *bogus* was seen to be pretty much on par as offensive as saying certain swear words are today, especially with fundamentalist religionists.
They're just words people. Why make such a big deal out of it? Did Yeshua get offended by mere words? Or was he offended by ACTIONS and intentions? The words someone chooses to use, or the exclamations they pepper their along with for effect in certain contexts here and there or the language or terms they dont choose to, neither is indicative of their hearts, of their inner morality and character, because they're just words.
You should be more offended by non swear worded ad hominem attacks, idiot or stupid or fool(which Yeshua condemned quite harshly as a term to insult others with) should offend you a f of alot more than the f word or s word or ass or whatever.

Also, since when did Christian metal musicians have to be perfect examples all the time? They're musicians...not employers or preachers in a church. They're just metal musicians sharing their faith and views through the art medium of metal music. They dont have to fit these absurdly high standards all the time. Metal music is about reasoned rebellion against arbitrary norms and rules and arbitrary self righteous hypocritical authoritarianism , about individualistic expression of ones views and beliefs in a way that is sometimes *offensive* to the mob, to the sheep, the rubes, and the smugly overly sensitive moral puritans(who are always utter hypocrites themselves). Christian metal is no different in this respect, only in that it is about individual and collectives of individual artists simply artistically expressing their Christian theology and values, how they choose to do this is not a matter for anyone else to dictate or judge them on arbitrary, hypocritical, irrational biases and unjustified puritanism.

I remember when certain Christian metal stores refused to sell Vomitorial Corpulences albums, not because of their artwork or their gory metaphors referring to religious/spiritual Christian theological views or values, but merely because they used the term bullshit in one of dozens if songs. I never saw such a display of puritanical pharisee like smugness, prejudgementalism, hypocrisy as I did then, it disgusted me. These pharisees clearly were missing the point entirely. They cared not for context nor for the fact that such a thing was actually a wise tool of relational ministry, they only saw their own smug, self righteous hypocritical egos and their need to witch hunt and purity spiral.
Because of this, Vomitorial, whom were one of the most brilliant relational ministry bands who could have possibly reached and caused 1000s of non Christians to become believers.

The smug phariseeism is it's own enemy of it's own religion or path, self defeating in the extreme.

It's just words people. Christ himself was condemned for breaking phariseeacal rules and for using terms and language that was the swearing of that time and culture.
How quickly pharisees who claim to be followers of his forget, forget their own founders offensiveness and rebelliousness. One doesn't expect the suit and tie superficial churchy types to understand this(they should, but just like the suit and tie puritanical normies of the the rest of the world and nonchristian world they often dont, their loss I suppose) but one does expect that if any Christians GET it/this...it would be and should be Christian metalheads/metal artists. But I guess not so much. Pity.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 am

MetalMusicforJesus99 wrote:I was looking at Destroy the Runner - Void [Explicit].  It's not the first time I encountered the F bomb appearing on a band who once appeared in a Christian book stores.  I've listened to many Podcasts and Found some old Christian Metal band that I loved years ago, doing the same thing.  It made me feel like writing this.  When I started writing I had no idea that I would write this much!  Sorry.

I don't look "Metal" but there must be something "Metal" in my heart because I can't seem to make myself listen to the alternative.  Which seems to be Praise and Worship music.  (I'm speaking in popularity, the mainstream Christian focus)  I like something that I can relate too and sink my teeth into.  As much as I love some soft stuff from time to time, I can't stand anything that makes God sound wimpy.

I remember getting into Christian Hard Rock as a kid.  Mylon and a Broken Heart - The Crank it Up Album was my first exposer.  At first I didn't really like it but it grew on me, and once it did, hard rock got into me and stayed.  To this day I love Hard Rock and Metal music.  I really love it when it's got spiritual themes throughout the songs.  But as Christian Metal and Hard Rock has evolved, I'm beginning to wonder if many of the new bands are loosing the understanding of what being a Believer in Jesus really means.  When I listen to the songs I get the impression that the writers are lost and confused.  In some ways this is great, because we all go through confusing times as we try to walk with the Lord.  But it's finally getting to the point to where these artists seem to think that they need to include so called swear words like the F word.  What is the purpose?  To be more honest?  To better relate to the masses?  Or to shock us more?  The Bible clearly tells us what our speech should be like, and to conform to what the Bible describes is a challenge for me. I completely understand how life can be aggravating and your tempted to drop a few bombs here and there.  But I'm like, Hey, you know your not supposed to act like that.  Maybe I need to get talk more to Jesus and say, Hey please change my heart.  But it seems like these people want use to embrace it.  I remember listening to a podcast, where the Christian Singer said "It's just words"  It got me scratching my head and thinking, when the Bible says God spoke everything into existence, were those "just words"?   Words have meaning and power!  Words can make you feel good or make you feel bad. The Gospel Message is presented through words.  If they are just words, then everything I'm writing right now means nothing.

I'm feeling low about this because when I first got into Christian Metal, I was really impressed by the message the bands were spreading.  Now days?  I just don't know.  It seems like the spiritual confused bands are the ones taking over.  I miss the bands who used to scream scripture.  I know what some people might be thinking.  This is an outreach, and screaming that stuff turns the unbeliever off.  This circles back to my first reason why I mentioned "Praise and Worship" music.  It's like saying "Once we reach them, now they got to go to Praise and Worship music to build themselves up through music, or stop listening to music and just focus on Bible reading.  That is kinda where I'm at right now.  Since I don't really care that much for the modern Praise and Worship stuff, and I'm a little put off by the direction of Christian Metal, I find myself burying myself into my Audio Bible and any Preacher/Teacher that I think is sticking to scripture.  It feels a bit out of balance because sometimes you just need some good Music to give you a kick.  So you can come back to the Scriptures again.

The bible is not entirely clear on what is or is not acceptable or offensive language, at least in terms of so-called *swear* words. Yeshua himself used terms and language that was in his time and culture considered the offensive or swearing language of that time and culture.
So-called *swear* words language is contingent on and subjective to the era and culture, always has been.
I don't understand this fear of *swearing* amongst SOME Christian's today and their need to judge their fellow Christians who use such...unless it is all they say, like every second word(but the words arent the problem, but rather the lack of intellect and maturity.)..if they use it sparsely...to make a point or to exclamate, I can't see the problem with it even within the context of the Christian religion.
It seems to me those so hyper sensitively offended by it and who think it so wrong are like the pharisees in Christs day who were filled with judgemental self righteousness and virtue signaling and would even get after Yeshua for using terms and language that in their time was the offensive language or terms or -swearing* of that time and place

Even when I was a born againer I didn't understand this fear of peppering language here and there with certain so-called *offensive* exclamations for effect or to make a point or my fellow Christians who had a overly sensitive offended over reaction to it when other Christians...or anyone did occasionally use so called *swear* words. It just seems to e an excuse for self righteous, hypocritical, virtue signaling, perpetually offended pharisees to misjudge or over judge others and feel good about themselves.

Ya know, what exactly is a swear word? Several decades ago simply saying *dude* or *cool* or *rad* or *bogus* was seen to be pretty much on par as offensive as saying certain swear words are today, especially with fundamentalist religionists.
They're just words people. Why make such a big deal out of it? Did Yeshua get offended by mere words? Or was he offended by ACTIONS and intentions? The words someone chooses to use, or the exclamations they pepper their along with for effect in certain contexts here and there or the language or terms they dont choose to, neither is indicative of their hearts, of their inner morality and character, because they're just words.
You should be more offended by non swear worded ad hominem attacks, idiot or stupid or fool(which Yeshua condemned quite harshly as a term to insult others with) should offend you a f of alot more than the f word or s word or ass or whatever.

Also, since when did Christian metal musicians have to be perfect examples all the time? They're musicians...not employers or preachers in a church. They're just metal musicians sharing their faith and views through the art medium of metal music. They dont have to fit these absurdly high standards all the time. Metal music is about reasoned rebellion against arbitrary norms and rules and arbitrary self righteous hypocritical authoritarianism , about individualistic expression of ones views and beliefs in a way that is sometimes *offensive* to the mob, to the sheep, the rubes, and the smugly overly sensitive moral puritans(who are always utter hypocrites themselves). Christian metal is no different in this respect, only in that it is about individual and collectives of individual artists simply artistically expressing their Christian theology and values, how they choose to do this is not a matter for anyone else to dictate or judge them on arbitrary, hypocritical, irrational biases and unjustified puritanism.

I remember when certain Christian metal stores refused to sell Vomitorial Corpulences albums, not because of their artwork or their gory metaphors referring to religious/spiritual Christian theological views or values, but merely because they used the term bullshit in one of dozens if songs. I never saw such a display of puritanical pharisee like smugness, prejudgementalism, hypocrisy as I did then, it disgusted me. These pharisees clearly were missing the point entirely. They cared not for context nor for the fact that such a thing was actually a wise tool of relational ministry, they only saw their own smug, self righteous hypocritical egos and their need to witch hunt and purity spiral.
Because of this, Vomitorial, whom were one of the most brilliant relational ministry bands who could have possibly reached and caused 1000s of non Christians to become believers.

The smug phariseeism is it's own enemy of it's own religion or path, self defeating in the extreme.

It's just words people. Christ himself was condemned for breaking phariseeacal rules and for using terms and language that was the swearing of that time and culture.
How quickly pharisees who claim to be followers of his forget, forget their own founders offensiveness and rebelliousness. One doesn't expect the suit and tie superficial churchy types to understand this(they should, but just like the suit and tie puritanical normies of the the rest of the world and nonchristian world they often dont, their loss I suppose) but one does expect that if any Christians GET it/this...it would be and should be Christian metalheads/metal artists. But I guess not so much. Pity.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:09 am

MetalMusicforJesus99 wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:Most of it comes down to the bands are not entirely made up of believers anymore

I know that with Destroy The Runner I think only the guitarist was a believer, the same with bands like Norma Jean and The Devil Wears Prada. TDWP over the past few years have been way less outspoken, and it is because only the lead singer considers himself a Christian (https://www.revolvermag.com/music/devil-wears-prada-how-faith-hell-chelsea-wolfe-inspired-metalcore-acts-new-album)

Norma Jean on the other hand, is really a one man band now, with only Cory Brendan and because of that their newest album All Hail has lyrically really returned to their faith-based roots.

The other side is also for shock factor, I remember how big of a deal it was when P.O.D. dropped an f bomb a few years back too
It's been like this for a long time.  I never completely understood why Christians wanted to join forces with unbelievers in a touring Band.  When your that close to people everyday I'd think you'd want to have something foundational to connect over.  It appears that to these people the foundation isn't Christ, it's the Music and art.  Tooth and Nail seems to be the label that really promoted mixed bands.  Granted I like the sounds that came out of Tooth and Nail.  But still, I wonder if this is something that should of been promoted at all.

I'm kinda sad to hear that about The Devil Wears Prada. I really enjoy their albums.

Norma Jean, I listened to a podcast with Cory Brendan.  He's one of those guys I think needs to be discipled more.  I think it's really hard to find a good Church family.  But that is what I think Cory needs.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe they do that because they're not smug pharisees? That maybe this methodology might cause some of their band mates or bands they tour with members to through this closeness to see their overall personal example and come to their/your faith and your/their god through it?

Closing yourselves off into little religious conclaves of self righteous, prejudgemental pharisees ain't gonna win anyone over to your faith and its deity or its christ. It will only cause many to be disgusted enough by such to leave the faith and those who've not yet embraced it be less likely to be convert and be *saved*

Just some food for thought

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:15 am

What matters is not if a Christian chooses to use ...occasionally exclamations for effect...ie. pepper their speecg or lyrics with one or two subjectively labelled so-called *swear words* here and there, but their heart, their overall character and example of life and caring nature and openness and how they treat others. If you judge or condemn your brethren for occasionally dooing this(when, be honest , you probably have yourself do or have and/or will use such expletives or so-called *swear words* in some context or another) maybe you should turn that wagging finger back at yourself and look at yourself in the mirror, look inward at your own character and instead judge yourself instead of them

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:16 am

What matters is not if a Christian chooses to use ...occasionally exclamations for effect...ie. pepper their speecg or lyrics with one or two subjectively labelled so-called *swear words* here and there, but their heart, their overall character and example of life and caring nature and openness and how they treat others. If you judge or condemn your brethren for occasionally dooing this(when, be honest , you probably have yourself do or have and/or will use such expletives or so-called *swear words* in some context or another) maybe you should turn that wagging finger back at yourself and look at yourself in the mirror, look inward at your own character and instead judge yourself instead of them

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:27 am

...and I would say the same to anyone in regards this or similar issues, regardless of whatever religion or philosophies they claim to follow or not follow.
A person's character...their heart is not definable by whether they use arbitrarily condemned so-called swear words or *offensive language* from time to time in certain contexts. But how they treat others over all, their overall intentions and actions...not the sounds that they make with their mouths.
Personally I find ad hominem juvenile insult words and nonargument and prejudgemental self righteousness far more offensive than if someone uses the s word or f word here or there for contextualized effect(or even if just used willy nilly). I judge a person's character more based on that than on occasionally peppered language with *swear* words here and there.
Especially amongst adults. If around small children then a reasoned argument could be made for that not being appropriate(though one could be reasonably made that a very occasionally used swear word, well contextually based especially, around a kid isnt THAT bad as well, whether it is or isnt ok even occasionally is a reasonable argument that could be had and reasonable arguments could be made for both positions), but if in context of adults around other adults or teens around other teens or adults and teens around each other, it is infantilizing too expect adults and/or older teens to be placed in bubbles of non offensive speech or swearing or not(arbitrarily as these things are often defined) like we're all a bunch of 4 year olds in adult bodies. It's silly, trite, hypocritical , smug, bubble wrapped, overly sensitive puritanical absurdity.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:15 am

It also kinda reminds me of when I was a younger man(later teens, 18 or 19, or maybe 20-21) and I was a evangelical Christian metalhead into mostly Christian death/black/thrash metal) and was a friend with a mid-life teens *unsaved* metal youth(maybe 3 years younger) ...particularly because his born again Christian parents took him to a local Christian music festival that had a couple metal bands at it along with other genres, and I met him and them there. His parents took to me immediately and asked if I would relational minister to him(be a positive influence to him as he and I shared similar tastes in music genres except I was into Christian extreme metal and he was just into regular extreme metal and was a troubled young man), and I agreed to befriend him, hang out with him, a d try to relational minister to him.
0ne night I 2as going to go youth group at one of the Pentecostal churches I attended, and they wanted him to go with ne(him and two of his friends) but he loved black meta
And the BM image and wore studs and spikes and BM face paint, I myself liked the image as well and occasionally dressed that way(the make up and spikes/studs...occasionally, I always had long hair and wore metal...atbthe time Christian metal shirts), and he/they would only go if his parents let him present as himself that way, they reluctantly obliged. But in order to relate to him/them I also put on the make up and stuff(and wore I think my Crimson Thorn or Mortification shirt) to make him more comfortable, to rationally minister as a friend. We went that way to my youth group I attended weekly. Well, the people in the group and youth pastors lost it when we came in and throughout. I took them aside and explained the situation and what I was dooing and why and if they could just humor us, they knew I was a Christian metalhead and wore my Christian extreme metal shirts there all the time before and had little issue with it(they had a little but seemed to understand for most part). But they lost it and kicked us out, one of the youth members cried in a room in the youth group room area...said she was scared, I explained the situation to her and reasoned with her about it in a compassionate but steadfast manner, but she just kept up with her overreaction, ok fair enough? The rest of the members didn't overreact to the same degree but one youth pastor did and booted us out, and reported us to the head pastor of the church after the fact, whom one evening took me aside from youth group into his office(another night, my friend was not there, and I was not in full bm make up), anyways he tore into me, would not listen to reason, acted like a prejudgemental, unchrist like pharisee jerk to me.and even manhandled me(lightly, bud nonetheless manhandled). I couldnt believe the lack of christ-like phariseeacal unrelatable noncompassion bullying he...and they displayed.
They destroyed a good chance to show christ like kindness to my young friends and turned them away further from considering the faith.
After that puritanical, hypocritical pharisee like prejudgemental false moralism and bullying self righteous display I never went to that church again opting for another one,

But it's that same kinda smug, self righteous, hypocritical, virtue signaling phariseeism in this story that I and many people see in this purity spiral about arbitrary *swear* rules and not being in bands with nonchristian as a Christian, the same kind of phariseeism puritanical silly superficial hypocrisy that I see in this condemnation of Christian bands that use one or two so called *swear* words for effect in certain contexts in one or two songs out of dozens, the finger wagging attitude.

This stuff doesn't help draw people to your faith and your deity or your Christ...it unnecessarily scares them away and pushes the less phariseeacal Christian's further away to, they dont abandon the faith because they just wanna *sin*, they do because all they see around them are finger wagging hypocritical pharisees(and/or because they are intellectually drawn elsewhere by the religion no longer making sense to them). If you dont want to see some of these people leave the faith in disgust...maybe instead of wagging the finger at them over trite stuff like oh. No they used a arbitrarily labelled *swear* word in one or two songs in a suitable context, you could try and be less smugly puritanical, witch hunty, less prejudgemental, less hypocritical and double standarded, and point your finger at yourself instead of them, instead of impugning their character for using a freaking word you dont like (but probably use, have used, and will use eventually again yourself).

Food for thought.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:19 am

IF your *hell* exists, you're not saving more people from it with this hypocritical, petty phariseeacal nonsense, you're just pushing them towards and into it.
And that doesn't do them, yourselves, your religion, or your god any service or any good.

Remember what Steve Rowe wrote.
*some people choose to live within the sound of the church bells. I'd rather run a rescue mission within a yard of hell*
Take that into consideration along with remembering that Yeshua himself used terms, language and words that in his time/culture were considered the offensive and the swear language of his time/culture and he also was condemned by the religious pharisees of his time for it...even accused of being of the devil or devil Possesed for it and other orthodoxies he broke or rebelled against and his being close with those considered the unclean or singul or not religiously or morally pure enough.

Food for thought.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 pm

On this subject, I just decided to check out Christian Gangsta Rappers Gospel Gangstas. Pretty good, but the first "real" song had n-words galore. Very jarring, though perhaps they did it so that people would react and listen to the lyrics (for a secular example of that tactic, Aerosmith put a f word on their anti-drug song Monkey on my Back so the fans would pay attention once they heard it).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:04 am

And also many Christians and nonchristians alike who are triggered by so called swear expletive words are perfectly ok with euphemisms(frickin, oh shoot, per or pee pee hole, poop, arse or butt or butthole, crap, etc; all made up euphemisms for words like penis/vagina, anus, urine, frickin and f-n are similar words for an exclamation of frustration, etc, just like the words arbitrarily condemned and Forbidden, same thing), and are even ok teaching or allowing kids and teens to hear and use such. And tgey think themselves more morally righteous(self righteous) as they sit up on their high thrones judging and condemning those who use the other incorrect terms....whom are more honest and less self righteous and unhypocritical unlike they are.
What makes one list of incorrect made up words and exclamations more morally and righteously ok/acceptable/tolerable than the other list? To be consistent in their so called moral uprightness and righteousness shouldn't they then condemn ALL EQUALLY and use NONE but use and tolerate only the actual accurate terms?
Its all so very arbitrary and full of smug self righteous hypocrisy and fake puritanism and has no rational basis.
Words are words, and if you think God or Yeshua are so petty and small minded as to make a moral distinction between one set of euphemisms over another or to care this much about exclamations and to think they share your arbitrary word biases then you need to pull your head out of your own.....
Or if you think if you happen to not be religious but still socially overly conservative about words but are ok with the one set of euphemisms over the other morally...you also need to pull your head out of your own....sphincter hole.
Especially if you self righteously feel the need to judge, condemn, look down or lecture or censor others for using the other set and being less hypocritical and smug and more honest than you are over it.

P.S. same with terms like oh gosh or goshdarn or jeez wizz , over the alternative or . Or making up euphemisms on the spot thinking it makes you more moral...holier than thou.

Anal retentative, hypocritical smug self righteousness all.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4