The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+46
nocturnaliridescence
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Fundy
Krich
scottmitchell74
L8T
Sevenoneself
ChosenNightwolf
Pethead
Son of Nun
Sophia Valentine
Theonymic
Keva
Constantine
Triptyque
Raegoul
Frozen Fire
Dustofyears
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Superjuice
Hidgxx
WildWorld
BaleMaster
Staybrite
Kerrick
Grindboy
CrimsonWarrior
Guenther321
oldschooldoom
Athanasius
Black Rider
New Creation
Rockrz
Snert I
Ammocas
Athonite
Markus1987
Livna
crucifyd
Andreas89
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
Driven
HenrikB
MikeInFla
50 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 22 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:27 pm

ThomasEversole wrote: 

...then I cringed, so hard.  This approach seems like something an attention seeking 7 year old would come up with if they wanted people to hate climate activists.

We're in a world where the attention from feigning victimhood is a massive dopamine hit for people who never mature emotionally past age 8 or so. 
They have no critical thinking skills because they've been told what to think their entire lives, instead of being taught how to think. No reasoning. No conscience. No morals. Just endless tantrums.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, Andreas89, Constantine, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:29 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Climate activists today throwing soup at paintings, sitting in the road to block traffic, or gluing themselves to random surfaces, doesn't make any sense to me at all.  Wouldn't blocking traffic actually increase emissions since vehicles would have to idle for however long the road is blocked, before they drive to where they're going anyway?
Tree spiking also still goes on even though illegal in the U.S.   It a dangerous form of eco-terrorism.  When a tree is spiked, someone hammers a piece of hard material such as metal spikes, nails, or ceramic into the tree. The tree is not damaged but when a logger attempts to cut a tree down, the spike will catch on the saw blade, causing it to break or shatter.  Really dangerous to a logger just trying to do his or her job.  Even spiked trees that are cut down can pose great dangers later at a mill if the spike is hidden.  In 1987 a spiked tree at a mill caused a sawblade to shatter, almost decapitating a mill worker named George Alexander.

Despite the danger that tree spiking poses, there are people in this whole climate movement who are entirely unapologetic about it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Staybrite, ThomasEversole, Andreas89, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:40 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:

We're in a world where the attention from feigning victimhood is a massive dopamine hit for people who never mature emotionally past age 8 or so. 
Yes.  I would also add that hate and anger also trigger dopamine receptors in the brain as well as create an adrenaline rush due to their inherent sense of "danger."  All these feelings can lead to similar “rushes” as thrill-seeking activities like gambling, extreme sports, or even drugs like cocaine and methamphetamines.   As I interact with people on social media I notice a hug number of people who seem there just to fight..   They have no interest in anything constructive or anything related to uncovering truth, they are just there to attack and harass and get a thrill from it.

I'm sure many criminals also get these hits from the violence and mayhem they cause.  Very worrisome that this is not only the direction we are going in, but it is also what is rewarded in this culture.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:01 am

ThomasEversole wrote:I am at loss over the current state of climate activism. [...]
It does not make sense indeed. Lately I've been learning a bit more about environmentalism, and at its core is a deep hatred for mankind, the image-bearer of God (that tree spiking, which I didn't know about, is a great example of that). When such an endeavour is allowed to go on long enough, irrationality will increase over time. So it's supposed to make as much sense as the anti-art that we have seen over the last few decades, you know the dumb stuff that if you don't like it you "simply don't understand".
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:19 am

Andreas89 wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:I am at loss over the current state of climate activism. [...]
It does not make sense indeed. Lately I've been learning a bit more about environmentalism, and at its core is a deep hatred for mankind, the image-bearer of God (that tree spiking, which I didn't know about, is a great example of that). When such an endeavour is allowed to go on long enough, irrationality will increase over time. So it's supposed to make as much sense as the anti-art that we have seen over the last few decades, you know the dumb stuff that if you don't like it you "simply don't understand".
Yep! 

They hate humans.

Oddly, they never kill themselves or walk everywhere and live as hunter-gatherers.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

ThomasEversole, Andreas89, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:46 am

ThomasEversole wrote:I am at loss over the current state of climate activism..

MagnusPrime wrote:We're in a world where the attention from feigning victimhood is a massive dopamine hit for people who never mature emotionally past age 8 or so. 
They have no critical thinking skills because they've been told what to think their entire lives, instead of being taught how to think. No reasoning. No conscience. No morals. Just endless tantrums.

two words: Hegelian Dialectic
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:55 pm

And the disdain for human life isn't confined to just the environmentalists.

https://notthebee.com/article/more-canadians-have-been-euthanized-by-their-government-than-have-died-of-covid

Tyrant
Tyrant

Staybrite, ThomasEversole, Andreas89, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:58 pm

Kerrick wrote:And the disdain for human life isn't confined to just the environmentalists.

https://notthebee.com/article/more-canadians-have-been-euthanized-by-their-government-than-have-died-of-covid
 Don't get me started! I remember making some of these statistical comparisons right in the middle of covid. As I am on long term disability due to  Depression, I would qualify Now for euthanasia in Canada. Mad 1
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, Andreas89 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:46 am

Kerrick wrote:And the disdain for human life isn't confined to just the environmentalists.

I'm pretty sure that ecophilia is part of the current regime in Canada.
Andreas89
Andreas89

ThomasEversole, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:53 pm

It wasn't until this story about the 6 year old in Virginia shooting his teacher, that I realized how much gaslighting there is with shooting stories in the news. There was an altercation, person A shot person B, the end, you fill in the rest.

Conservative responses I've seen have mostly been bashing the kid and/or his parents as terrible. Liberal responses I've seen have been mostly Exhibit A on why no one anywhere should have guns. (similar almost every shooting story)

Gun triggers don't pull themselves, and even a 6 year old would have enough cognative ability to have a reason to shoot. I'm not saying this teacher deserved to be shot, they didn't at all, no matter what...

...but there's surely a difference in motive, intent and problem, between a teacher being shot because she said "Who wants ice cream after class?", or being shot because she said, "The only way you get recess in 2023 is if you shoot me dead and another teacher takes over". (I'm being extremely hypothetical, and not trying to be insensitive. It's still very tragic even though the teacher didn't die.)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:46 am

On a lighter note, my wife and I are becoming increasingly americanized. We are arleady appreciating country music more than we probably should, and now we've started watching rodeo.

Oh, and I'd like to shoot guns recreationally.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Staybrite, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:46 am

Tonight I finally figured out how the multi-quote button works on this website. Took me way too long lol
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Kerrick, ThomasEversole, Pethead, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:47 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:Tonight I finally figured out how the multi-quote button works on this website. Took me way too long lol

Would you share these wisdoms?
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:48 am

Andreas89 wrote:On a lighter note, my wife and I are becoming increasingly americanized. We are arleady appreciating country music more than we probably should, and now we've started watching rodeo.

Where do you live bro?
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:Tonight I finally figured out how the multi-quote button works on this website. Took me way too long lol

Sure, when you click the multi-quote button on a post, it will turn orange. Click it on as many posts as you want to quote, then scroll down to the bottom of the thread and click the New Reply button. It's a big button with a flame background that I almost missed because it doesn't really look like a button lol. Anyway it will take you to a new page with all those other posts quoted and you can write yours.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Sure, when you click the multi-quote button on a post, it will turn orange. Click it on as many posts as you want to quote, then scroll down to the bottom of the thread and click the New Reply button. It's a big button with a flame background that I almost missed because it doesn't really look like a button lol. Anyway it will take you to a new page with all those other posts quoted and you can write yours.

Thanks….I learned something new today…lol.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:25 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:On a lighter note, my wife and I are becoming increasingly americanized. We are arleady appreciating country music more than we probably should, and now we've started watching rodeo.

Where do you live bro?
G*rmany, I'm Dutch though and it's sliiightly better in the Netherlands (which isn't saying much)
Andreas89
Andreas89

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:13 am

Andreas89 wrote:We are arleady appreciating country music more than we probably should, 

As long as it's 1940-1960 or 1983-1998, there isn't really a limit to how much one ought to appreciate it.

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:13 am

Theonymic wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:We are arleady appreciating country music more than we probably should, 

As long as it's 1940-1960 or 1983-1998, there isn't really a limit to how much one ought to appreciate it.
Preach!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Andreas89 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Where do you live bro?
G*rmany, I'm Dutch though and it's sliiightly better in the Netherlands (which isn't saying much)
Oh! Thought you were gonna say Texas and then I could hook you up! 🔫👍
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick and Andreas89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:05 pm

And if you visit Idaho, I can do the same.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Andreas89 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:17 pm

^^ If you visit Saskatchewan, Canada, I can give you Polar Bear rides and a few nights in my double-decker igloo.  Laughing
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Andreas89 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:19 pm

lol!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:24 am

You guys are making a strong argument for me having a little swim across the Atlantic. Gotta drag the family along in a lifeboat or something.

Theonymic wrote:

I have a gospel compilation by Hank Sr and an early Alan Jackson album so there's a start. I must admit I've become somewhat of a fan of Trace Adkins though.

Anyway, feel free to drop some album suggestions in my designated thread in the non metal section Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:55 am

Andreas89 wrote:You guys are making a strong argument for me having a little swim across the Atlantic. Gotta drag the family along in a lifeboat or something.

Theonymic wrote:

I have a gospel compilation by Hank Sr and an early Alan Jackson album so there's a start. I must admit I've become somewhat of a fan of Trace Adkins though.

Anyway, feel free to drop some album suggestions in my designated thread in the non metal section Smile
Where is this? Couldn't find it.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next