The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography

+6
MikeInFla
strype53
Temple of Blood
deathisgain
Black Rider
Soldier777
10 posters

Go down

Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography  Empty Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:08 am

I found this out a few days ago. Tim Gaines is writing on an autobiography. Not to be critical, I'm wondering if he is doing this where he is having money problems. Michael Sweet's book Honestly was a good book with little negativity towards other band mates and people but the book only covered up to around 2012. Hopefully Tim can do the same. If not, I don't think I'll be interested.

http://www.heavy-metal.it/former-stryper-bassist-tim-gaines-is-writing-his-autobiography/
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography  Empty Re: Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:14 pm

It'll be Tim bashing Mike.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography  Empty Re: Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography

Post by deathisgain Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:30 pm

I know some of it will deal with his Lyme disease. It will probably state that is the reason he was let go.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:37 pm

I won't give him a cent
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Id be interested in it Im sure itll probably go into his divorce from both his ex and from Stryper among other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Black Rider wrote:It'll be Tim bashing Mike.

Yeah, no doubt...

Mike's had a lot to say about how incompetent everyone else was/is with finances. Whether that's true or not, we can only go by Mike's words. But I forever wound up with this picture in my head of the other Stryper dudes & his family walking around day-to-day life like Homer Simpson, relying on MS to do everything for them.

Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography  Downlo10

deathisgain wrote:I know some of it will deal with his Lyme disease. It will probably state that is the reason he was let go.

???

I thought it was all about the divorce?

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:46 pm

I will buy it, and I think it could be interesting to get a glimpse behind the curtain.  Maybe he will give his side of why they would not let him record on THWTD and IGWT.  Maybe he can tell us what really happened on why Robert could not play on Murder by Pride.  I think he might be able to give a glimpse behind the curtain a little bit.  He was a part of Stryper and now they act like there were only three of them all along. I am interested.  Many things that he has posted on social media about the other guys and then erased makes me think this good be an interesting book.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:58 pm

strype53 wrote:I will buy it, and I think it could be interesting to get a glimpse behind the curtain.  Maybe he will give his side of why they would not let him record on THWTD and IGWT.  Maybe he can tell us what really happened on why Robert could not play on Murder by Pride.  I think he might be able to give a glimpse behind the curtain a little bit.  He was a part of Stryper and now they act like there were only three of them all along. I am interested.  Many things that he has posted on social media about the other guys and then erased makes me think this good be an interesting book.

Michael talked about that here:

https://sleazeroxx.com/interviews/michael-sweet-interview-2/

On the ‘Murder By Pride’ album that isn’t Robert because Robert wasn’t ready. We wound up doing pre-production in Las Vegas and everyone went home with a CD. My wife became ill with cancer and the record was postponed for a number of months. When we were ready to resume working on the record I called everyone a few weeks ahead of time to make sure that everyone was learning the material. Everyone said yes, except for Robert — he had lost the CD. He didn’t know any of the material and we were going into the studio literally days later to start recording. Robert had done this before so I made the call as producer, good or bad, to bring in another drummer. I felt that judging on past history that he wouldn’t be ready. It would have been a nightmare trying to record those songs because he wasn’t ready. We didn’t have the time or the budget to wait for him. Instead of three days it would have taken us 7, 8, 9, or 10 days to record the drums. We couldn’t afford it — we couldn’t do it. I brought in a drummer who’s a professional and he’s played on hundreds of records, a guy by the name Kenny Aronoff, and he banged it out. It’s not Robert but it still sounds great. I think Robert learned a valuable lesson and everything’s good. Robert’s on ‘The Covering’, he’s on ‘Second Coming’, and he sounds great. 

Sounds plausible to me. The only reason I can think of that MS would lie about that would be if Robert was in a rehab or something..lol...but we know that wasn't it because SOMEONE would have eventually leaked it.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:31 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
strype53 wrote:I will buy it, and I think it could be interesting to get a glimpse behind the curtain.  Maybe he will give his side of why they would not let him record on THWTD and IGWT.  Maybe he can tell us what really happened on why Robert could not play on Murder by Pride.  I think he might be able to give a glimpse behind the curtain a little bit.  He was a part of Stryper and now they act like there were only three of them all along. I am interested.  Many things that he has posted on social media about the other guys and then erased makes me think this good be an interesting book.

On the ‘Murder By Pride’ album that isn’t Robert because Robert wasn’t ready. We wound up doing pre-production in Las Vegas and everyone went home with a CD. My wife became ill with cancer and the record was postponed for a number of months. When we were ready to resume working on the record I called everyone a few weeks ahead of time to make sure that everyone was learning the material. Everyone said yes, except for Robert — he had lost the CD. He didn’t know any of the material and we were going into the studio literally days later to start recording. Robert had done this before so I made the call as producer, good or bad, to bring in another drummer. I felt that judging on past history that he wouldn’t be ready. It would have been a nightmare trying to record those songs because he wasn’t ready. We didn’t have the time or the budget to wait for him. Instead of three days it would have taken us 7, 8, 9, or 10 days to record the drums. We couldn’t afford it — we couldn’t do it. I brought in a drummer who’s a professional and he’s played on hundreds of records, a guy by the name Kenny Aronoff, and he banged it out. It’s not Robert but it still sounds great. I think Robert learned a valuable lesson and everything’s good. Robert’s on ‘The Covering’, he’s on ‘Second Coming’, and he sounds great. 

Sounds plausible to me. The only reason I can think of that MS would lie about that would be if Robert was in a rehab or something..lol...but we know that wasn't it because SOMEONE would have eventually leaked it.  Twisted Evil
I don't know, I think Robert could have pulled it off.  I never bought that explanation.  Your theory...maybe, but I will choose to believe otherwise.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:49 pm

strype53 wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

I don't know, I think Robert could have pulled it off.  I never bought that explanation.  Your theory...maybe, but I will choose to believe otherwise.

The rehab wasn't my theory....it was just saying that only something that bad could have made MS want to lie about it. I don't think he was in rehab at all...just used it to prove why I believed MS

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:26 am

Temple of Blood wrote:I won't give him a cent

Same here, I am just not interested.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 am

Agreed

Sadly in the last few years I have been disillusioned by Stryper and no longer follow them or listen to their music, partially because of the whole Tim Gaines affair but also because of MS' political views (which he is more than entitled to) I think its because I held this band at a much higher standard then I did with alot of other bands, which is my fault I admit it. They're only human afterall.  But it also doesnt help that the last few albums Ive heard by them are what Dana Carvey calls a "Stinkerydoo"  Just my opinion theres no hate, indifference maybe but I still follow Tim on FB I think because I could relate to some of the things he was going through.  Divorce, Disease (I dont have Lyme) In the end it takes two sides. There will always be Side A, Side B and then the Truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:05 am

Warzawa wrote:

Agreed

Sadly in the last few years I have been disillusioned by Stryper and no longer follow them or listen to their music, partially because of the whole Tim Gaines affair but also because of MS' political views (which he is more than entitled to) I think its because I held this band at a much higher standard then I did with alot of other bands, which is my fault I admit it. They're only human afterall.  But it also doesnt help that the last few albums Ive heard by them are what Dana Carvey calls a "Stinkerydoo"  Just my opinion theres no hate, indifference maybe but I still follow Tim on FB I think because I could relate to some of the things he was going through.  Divorce, Disease (I dont have Lyme) In the end it takes two sides. There will always be Side A, Side B and then the Truth.

I agree with your agreement Tim Gaines is writing on an Autobiography  RcYmtN1
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm

I try to stay neutral on the whole Tim thing.  The old saying, "hurt people hurt people" probably applies here to the whole situation.  I figure both sides could help the situation.  I miss Tim being in the band though.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:10 am

I think I would buy it. Why? Because no matter what, Tim Gaines was and IS still one of my favorite musicians. We have maybe heard Michael's and the other Stryper-fellows side of what happened behind the curtains, but I also wanna hear what Tim has to say about it all. You know... the coin always has two sides Smile . What is the truth after all? Just thinking, but maybe we will never gonna know the absolute truth about this. In the end these are their personal issues.
But yeah, I think Tim may have some interesting stories to tell. That's for sure
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Sounds awesome!!

I'll buy it FOR SURE!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Markus1987 wrote:I think I would buy it. Why? Because no matter what, Tim Gaines was and IS still one of my favorite musicians. We have maybe heard Michael's and the other Stryper-fellows side of what happened behind the curtains, but I also wanna hear what Tim has to say about it all. You know... the coin always has two sides Smile . What is the truth after all? Just thinking, but maybe we will never gonna know the absolute truth about this. In the end these are their personal issues.
But yeah, I think Tim may have some interesting stories to tell. That's for sure
I agree totally !!!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 am

Tim was one of the first Christian musicians that inspired me, so I'm pretty sure I'll check out this biography.
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down