The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timothy Gaines

3 posters

Go down

Timothy Gaines Empty Timothy Gaines

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 am

Timothy Gaines made this statement on Facebook this morning, which I thought was pretty cool.

T. Gaines wrote:The subject keeps getting brought up about Me vs.Tracy... ("How do you feel about Tracy?...")

Guess what folks? I have much respect and admiration for Tracy Ferrie. Tracy is a smoking player as you can all hear on the recordings Reborn and Murder... but we are nothing alike. Two totally different players and people. Tracy is the better educated of us two. He had a music education from Berkeley ... I had an education as a garage band musician...

I first met Tracy when he was playing for Michael on Michaels solo stuff in the late 90s or early 2000s. We met.. but never hit it off..

In '04 I left Stryper (my own choice) and Tracy was the guy to naturally take my spot (as he'd already been playing with MS for so many years.)

The years between 2004 and 2009 I have nothing to say about Stryper.. I wasn't in the band ... I have no knowledge of the business of the band... I wasn't there. They toured, recorded and lived life... as I did.

In '09 I'd been approached to participate with playing with Stryper on the 25th anniversary tour. The original plan was for me to play a set of the older original tunes, and Tracy play a set of the new material. For whatever reason ( I don't know why) Tracy backed out of the tour just a few weeks before we were to start. I ended up playing both sets of the '09 tour and have continued on with Stryper ever since... Tracy has moved on to play with Boston...

It's funny that I never had any intentions of re- joining Stryper after 2004... I was happy doing my own thing. I had toured and recorded with some great artists between 04 and 09 and had also started my own business. The last thing on my mind was rejoining Stryper.... but I guess God had other plans....

Anyhow... that's that... and I hope it answers some questions..

Back to top Go down

Timothy Gaines Empty Re: Timothy Gaines

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Pretty cool...thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 pm

In other words, "Nothing to see here.  No animosity.  These aren't the droids you're looking for.  Move along."
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Great post - both members had their contributions to Stryper and are both talented.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Classy, informative post by TG.  A truly cool metalhead.  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:57 am

Agreed.  A classy answer to a possibly classless question.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:33 am

I like Tim. He can be very dry at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down