The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight]

5 posters

Go down

New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight] Empty New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight]

Post by Airola Wed 9 May 2018 - 8:17

This was just uploaded. I haven't heard a word of it yet but I'm excited to hear what Ted has to say about the new album. I'm hoping for some samples too, but I doubt that will happen.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight] Empty Re: New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight]

Post by Bahana Wed 9 May 2018 - 9:33

I was just gonna post this. Great interview!
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight] Empty Re: New hour long Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet) interview! [featuring Tim Gaines & Joey Knight]

Post by Airola Wed 9 May 2018 - 9:47

No samples and no news about the new album except apologizing for the delay and telling the first single should be out very soon (it's been on the "very soon" status for weeks now so I don't know if the "very soon" this time is weeks or days).

He explained though that he doesn't want to give out too much info before the album is released so that's why he's been silent about it. He aims to announce the album cover and title the same time he releases the first single, which is the title track on the album. But yeah, nothing new was said about it really. He said there's a lot of great energy in the songs and we are going to get "punched in the face" and instantly know it's Tourniquet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what that means.

The interview was very funny though. Lot's of joking around. Very lighthearted stuff.

There was a brief mention of Devino and Guy Ritter. Funny that I got very excited by Ted just mentioning Guy's name out loud even though it was just a funny little thing that was over in 10 seconds Very Happy

One interesting thing was to hear Ted tell a bit about him acquiring back their whole catalog from all of the previous labels. And what really surprised me was him mentioning that the "Voiceless" version of Antiseptic Bloodbath almost outsold the original release of that album. I'm not sure if Ted was just exaggerating or if it really was that good of a seller compared to the original.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed 9 May 2018 - 11:38

the "Voiceless" version of Antiseptic Bloodbath almost outsold the original release of that album

Shocked
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Wed 9 May 2018 - 11:55

Ted's a very shrewd businessman.  That's good to know that a seller can buy CDs in bulk from him though. They just gotta pay it all upfront.
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu 10 May 2018 - 21:29

Airola wrote:
There was a brief mention of Devino and Guy Ritter. Funny that I got very excited by Ted just mentioning Guy's name out loud even though it was just a funny little thing that was over in 10 seconds Very Happy

best. metal. vocalist. EVER.
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri 11 May 2018 - 7:16

I bailed after 30 minutes. Just wasn't finding anything interesting. Not even sure why Joey and Tim were there.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2018 - 13:58

Did I hear it right? Was Ted standing for Nsync??

Overall, it was a fun interview, but there isn't plenty of information about tourniquet bew album or even many good old stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down