The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans

+16
metaldude
crucifyd
Living Sacrifice
stevegarveyfan
bjorn agin
strangerhoncho
Frozen Fire
Livna
Hardcore Christian
Staybrite
Kerrick
eatbugs
Pershing1134
deathisgain
Tombie
bodachi
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans

Post by Tombie Mon 7 May 2018 - 3:47

Kerrick wrote:As of a week ago, I now live in northern Idaho so Spokane is just a 45 minute drive!  Looks like somewhere in WA might be great for a bunch of folks here meeting up.
Cool. We have family there and it's six hours away so we do go there. Maybe we can meet for lunch some time.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans

Post by strangerhoncho Mon 7 May 2018 - 11:50

Living Sacrifice wrote:I work as a police officer in Stockholm and one day when I was the gym lifting weights, I randomly took a CD next to the CD-player and it was a CD with mixed metal music. I heard a song by Eternal Decision. I decieded to make my own cd with christian metal and play when I was working out in the gym. So one day I was working out when my superior officer came to me and asked me if it was my music playing from the speakers in the gym. I said yes. He said that he like it and listen to some of the bands.

Time passed and one day when we was riding along, patrolling the streets, he said: " I have to ask you a question?" "Are you a christian?" I said yes, why do you ask that? "Because of the music you played in the gym and how you are". Since then we listen to christian metal in the patrol car every time we ride together and we also went to a August Burns Red concert here in Stockholm.

That's a great story!  I love the image of Swedish cops listening to Christian metal as you patrol the peaceful streets of Stockholm (I'm assuming, since every story in the US about Sweden is just how free of crime it is).

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice Mon 7 May 2018 - 12:22

We have a lot of shootings here in sweden as well amongst gang members. But it's not the worst country in the world. Smile
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon 7 May 2018 - 21:33

at a local street market last year a guy that lives with one of the local merchants my wife knows looks at my shirt and says "are you a King's X fan?" seemed obvious to me but I said something like "absolutely" ... talk to him a bit and moved on

back in 91 there was a guy I had never met that had been going to my church for a couple years and played guitar regularly. there was a scheduled get-together at his house.

i'm no socialite, but I decide to go. I randomly wear my Extraction From Mortality shirt and I was the first one to show up. I knock on the door and his mom answers. I step inside the door and wait as she calls down the stairs "Todd...!"

in a minute, up the stairs comes the guitar player. as he gets up to the top of the stairs and sees my shirt he says "Believer huh?"... instant connection with this guy that I had seen at church for a couple years (I think) and never met. the next weekend we were at his storage unit (where he kept his 1970 SS Chevelle, mucle cars were another connection we had) calling each other names and generally ranking on each other, having a good 'ol time...we were immediately the best of friends, and for the next couple years solid until I got married in 93. he ultimately moved to the other side of the state and I have only seen him a couple times since then...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu 10 May 2018 - 1:03

Ran into some random guy walking around downtown Spokane...............

Can't place where I have seen him before...... scratch

Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans - Page 2 32187461_2015233698736115_7011351995516715008_o
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu 10 May 2018 - 12:21

Dude, you gotta stop talking to strangers.  That guy looks like a total weirdo.  He probably has a shrunken head collection in his parents' basement where he lives or something.  alien

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu 10 May 2018 - 12:24

Kerrick wrote:Dude, you gotta stop talking to strangers.  That guy looks like a total weirdo.  He probably has a shrunken head collection in his parents' basement where he lives or something.  alien

Yeah, he probably lives in Idaho...
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu 10 May 2018 - 21:47

metaldude wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Dude, you gotta stop talking to strangers.  That guy looks like a total weirdo.  He probably has a shrunken head collection in his parents' basement where he lives or something.  alien

lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri 11 May 2018 - 11:18

metaldude wrote:

Hey so long as I got that "Idaho look" (whatever that is...) and not the "California look"!!!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri 11 May 2018 - 14:17

I wonder how many ships pass in the night in our secret society because we aren't wearing our metal shirts and other secret signs?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Sat 12 May 2018 - 10:29

Mid 90s I had to stop at my office on a Saturday...had a barren cross shirt on and got stopped on my way out by a fellow co-worker with a “Barren Cross? No kidding!!”.

A few years ago I ran into Bruce Swift of Sacred Warrior at a Kings X show...then a year later I sat in front of Bruce & Tony Velasquez of SW at a Stryper show and got to tell them that they should be the opening act. I think both were surprised anyone knew who they were!

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Mon 4 Jun 2018 - 16:36

This may be one of the weirdest things that's ever happened to me.

Back in '86 a buddy and I decided, on a random Saturday, to go to Universal Studios Hollywood. We had just recently been to a Bloodgood concert together and both decided to wear the concert tee's that we had bought at the show. 

Strange happening #1: Inside the park they actually had this, like, candy shop or something which was called---get this---Dr. Bloodgoods' medicines, or something like that. But that name was definitely in the title. We cruised in to see if anybody would happen to notice that our shirts had the same name on them. No one did, but it was still kind of mind blowing--it's not exactly a common name.

It gets weirder. 

Strange happening #2: Fast forward 27 years to 2013. I no longer live in So Cal but I'm down there to visit family. My wife and daughter and I decide to spend a day at Universal. I'd only been there once since that '86 trip. Towards the end of the day we're just walking between rides or whatever....and there's this guy walking past us the other way...I stare at him and my jaw scrapes the pavement because Dude's got on....I kid you not....a Bloodgood shirt. 

A Bloodgood shirt!? At Universal where I did the same thing 27 years earlier!?! What!?! Except that now it's 2013 and BG isn't exactly hot property if you know what I mean.   AC/DC? Sure. Maiden? Makes sense. Dixie Chicks? Alright, whatever. 

But you can't make that up. Just wow.

So I stop him and tell him my little story and we kind of laugh about it and it turns out that he's a big fan of all things Christian metal, like myself. He was also the one to inform me that BG was just about to drop their new album Dangerously Close, which I had no idea about.

Don't talk to me about coincidence, 'cause If we hadn't been walking right at that spot at that specific time, on that specific day, in a park with thousands of people, at a place that I live nowhere near, and if he hadn't chosen that particular article of clothing out of his closet that day, ---never would have seen that guy and his shirt.

Had to be planned.

BTW, I also live in North Idaho and I work in Spokane Valley. It seems that this board has the makings of a small gang here in this area.  Very Happy

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:38

Crazy story!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue 5 Jun 2018 - 11:41

Wow, way cool!

A CMR get-together would be mighty cool!  We should plan something...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu 7 Jun 2018 - 13:57

Cool topic, especially like the Bloodgood story above. I have a somewhat relevant Bloodgood-related story. I met Doug Pinnick of King's X fame at a Bloodgood show in Houston, TX back around 1991, got my picture taken with him. The pic is in another thread here somewhere.

I have two other cool stories. It was my first year of college in 1992 in Texas and my first time away from home. I was young, home sick, not really sure who to hang around with, etc. One day on campus (large, public university of 20,000+ students) I passed a guy that was wearing a Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" T-Shirt. Tourniquet happened to be my favorite band at the time (and every since, at least until about 3 years ago... Sad, still TBD, different topic Wink ). I stopped him and we talked and hit it off. We became friends although not that close. He and I would meet occasionally and compare/trade cassettes/CDs and attended a few shows together (Crucified, Mortal, XL and DBD, Mortification and Living Sacrifice).

A cool story that happened more recently, 5-6 years ago. I was rummaging around a shared network drive at work and found a picture of two girls with Vengeance Rising shirts on from around 1990/91 timeframe. I didn't recognize them but after asking around and/or figuring out who copied the photos there, I realized it was someone that I had worked with for at least a year or two. Turns out she was Andy Koehler's (bassist for Precious Death) sister. Small world.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Randomly meeting other Christian metal fans - Page 2 Empty Introduction

Post by Ritual Servant Fri 8 Jun 2018 - 7:52

just wanted to introduce ourselves and say we are newer CM band
Scripture Based - Christ Exalted - Metal Gospel
when our 7 days are up we will be posting links - blessings to you
and all glory to God - #metalgospel
Ritual Servant
Ritual Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.ritualservant.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2