The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this?

4 posters

Go down

BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this? Empty BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this?

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Love this sound but they are so pagan and I want a better alternative.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this? Empty Re: BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this?

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:05 pm

I honestly find it hard to call this BM.  Even folk / Viking metal would be a stretch for this song, but I checked out a few others (recent songs) and I could go with that.  They do not really fit the tenor or tone of typical BM.  Too upbeat and clean.  I would say they sound like a cross between later Bathory (his Viking / war metal period), mid-period Katatonia and Anathema, U2, and Irish music.

I am not going to promise an exact match, but there are 3 bands you might appreciate.  Illuminandi is a folk metal / extreme metal band from Poland who have some interesting material; they are hit or miss.   Some songs are in Polish.  Here are a few songs:

You could also give Oskord (Ukraine) a try, they definitely have the harsh vocals though:

Finally, on the more mellow side, Epta Astera (U.S.) is worth a listen:

Right now that is the best I can come up with, but maybe others have some ideas.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this? Empty Re: BM fans, are their Christian BM bands that sound like this?

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 am

Wow I never looked into Primordial because of their lyrics but that's really stellar music.  (Awful lyrics though...)  Yeah, I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anything like that in the Christian scene.  I second Epta Astera though.  They're not too similar in style but I think fans of one may find much to like in the other.

The closest I can think of are Cloth and Aspiration (who share many of the same members with one another).  They're more black metal than that song you posted, but have that clean, proggy feel too.

FYI I don't know how "Christian" either band is - though it's the same guys of Dalit and Stronghold, the latter of which is most overt in their lyrics.  So maybe more "Christians in a band" type thing, but at least you know they won't be singing about glorifying paganism.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:42 am

I agree Kerrick, Primordial has some very interesting music. Among their songs that I checked out, one was particularly good called "Where Greater Men Have Fallen." The lyrics however, are as you said, pretty awful.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:11 pm

Oh man I miss me some Illuminandi.  One of the few bands where I could live with the harsh vocals.  Great musicianship.  Somehow I missed getting their last album (I'll have to fix that).  
On another note I really like some of the folk type metal I hear occasionally, but not a fan of the harsher vocals and pagan themes running through a lot of the lyrics.  So I haven't checked out many of those types of bands.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 pm

While Gire is NOT a Christian band, their lyrics are totally benign and about poetry, nature, etc.  That Primordial song somewhat reminds me of them (though less avant-garde and zany than Gire), particularly their track Babel:

I dunno, you might dig 'em and at least they're not specifically anti-Christian!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:36 pm

I think I like Cloth the best out of what's posted. I like Primordial because he's not using the BM shriek and there's good melody. It's weird, I can handle Death Metal vocals as long as there's not a lot of pig squeals but BM's vocals usually bug me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down