The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

+11
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Fundy
Staybrite
messiaen77
eatbugs
Andreas89
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
New Creation
15 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I felt that the wooden acting was prevalent in all three of the prequels.
Minus McGregor, Neeson, and Lee they were easily the best characters of the trilogy

Compared to both actors who played Anakin and Natalie Portman, a stick could have been a great character.
lol!
eatbugs wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I felt that the wooden acting was prevalent in all three of the prequels.
Minus McGregor, Neeson, and Lee they were easily the best characters of the trilogy

I thought Neeson and Lee's skills were under-used.  I don't blame them (or Jackson, Christiansen, Portman, or any other actor), I blame George Lucas for a bad script.  The only characters I thought were written well were Obi Wan and maybe Palpatine.
That's true Lee was heavily underused
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by Fundy Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Lee was a replacement for JarJar, which is oddly bizarre...
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 pm

So no buzz here at all about Solo?  Did anyone see it?  Is it worth it?  I'm probably going tomorrow.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun May 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I saw it this morning!

I liked it, so far I think the "stories" are the best thing Disney has done

It had good acting and action, some of the characters were sub-par

(Had one of the best character cameos I have ever seen!) No spoilers though Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun May 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:(Had one of the best character cameos I have ever seen!) No spoilers though Smile

If you mean at the end, I hated that.  If you mean something else, I guess I missed it.

I think with this one, Rogue One, and any other future spin-offs I'd prefer to limit them and focus on GOOD main sequence (aka numbered) episodes.  I also like there being unexplained things in the Star Wars universe.  I don't need to see [insert spoiler here] from Solo's past to appreciate his character.  In some ways it takes away from the mystique.  That said the "stories" seem to be better written than the two Disney main sequence episodes.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun May 27, 2018 5:44 pm

eatbugs wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:(Had one of the best character cameos I have ever seen!) No spoilers though Smile

If you mean at the end, I hated that.  If you mean something else, I guess I missed it.

I think with this one, Rogue One, and any other future spin-offs I'd prefer to limit them and focus on GOOD main sequence (aka numbered) episodes.  I also like there being unexplained things in the Star Wars universe.  I don't need to see [insert spoiler here] from Solo's past to appreciate his character.  In some ways it takes away from the mystique.  That said the "stories" seem to be better written than the two Disney main sequence episodes.
How could you hate it? I assume we are talking about the same thing, I don't think you could have missed it Razz

My main problem is that we had great stories in the form of games, books, and comics before Disney bought Lucas out

And now all the stuff that they are changing with these movies are way less interesting than what we previously had with all the other forms of media

I wish they left it all alone and just made a far future setting for their own universe
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun May 27, 2018 8:26 pm

eatbugs wrote:

How could you hate it? I assume we are talking about the same thing, I don't think you could have missed it Razz

My main problem is that we had great stories in the form of games, books, and comics before Disney bought Lucas out

And now all the stuff that they are changing with these movies are way less interesting than what we previously had with all the other forms of media

I wish they left it all alone and just made a far future setting for their own universe

Trying to keep this spoiler-free, the individual in question could not have survived what was known to have happened to him in other accepted canon material.

I'm not familiar with the E.U., primarily because I'm a Star Wars fundamentalist.  If Star Wars was a religion I'd be a fundamentalist: the original trilogy are canon and anything that contradicts them is heresy.  I even debate the canonicity of the prequels in my mind for this.

I agree that Disney needs to use their resources and have the best scripts written, not inferior ones made for money.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun May 27, 2018 10:44 pm

eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Trying to keep this spoiler-free, the individual in question could not have survived what was known to have happened to him in other accepted canon material.

I'm not familiar with the E.U., primarily because I'm a Star Wars fundamentalist.  If Star Wars was a religion I'd be a fundamentalist: the original trilogy are canon and anything that contradicts them is heresy.  I even debate the canonicity of the prequels in my mind for this.

I agree that Disney needs to use their resources and have the best scripts written, not inferior ones made for money.
Well I was just saying that the E.U was better than what Disney has done, and have you watched The Clone Wars or Rebels?
(the animated series)

Those two shows and the movies are all that is considered canon by Disney

So if you haven't watched the series then you have missed a lot on said character
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 28, 2018 6:57 am

After The Last Jedi, I don't want Rian Johnson anywhere near Star Wars.  He will just hack the crap out of it.  With more time and another viewing, TLJ looks like some child's drawing compared to the Renaissance paintings of the prequels.

I am planning on seeing Solo with a buddy tomorrow.  I hope it is decent.  If not, Star Wars is dead for me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon May 28, 2018 7:29 am

SOLO was my personal most anticipated movie of the year. It did not let me down.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon May 28, 2018 12:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:After The Last Jedi, I don't want Rian Johnson anywhere near Star Wars.  He will just hack the crap out of it.  With more time and another viewing, TLJ looks like some child's drawing compared to the Renaissance paintings of the prequels.

I am planning on seeing Solo with a buddy tomorrow.  I hope it is decent.  If not, Star Wars is dead for me.
I gotta say its not as bad as people are painting it

Its a decent movie
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon May 28, 2018 8:19 pm

eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Well I was just saying that the E.U was better than what Disney has done, and have you watched The Clone Wars or Rebels?
(the animated series)

So if you haven't watched the series then you have missed a lot on said character

No, I have only seen a little of Rebels and none of Clone Wars.  Yes, Google told me said character's history.  That's exactly my problem: based on said character's previous experience (boy, this spoiler-free thing is getting really tough  lol! ), that's why I consider stuff like that Star Wars heresy.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon May 28, 2018 10:24 pm

eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

(the animated series)

No, I have only seen a little of Rebels and none of Clone Wars.  Yes, Google told me said character's history.  That's exactly my problem: based on said character's previous experience (boy, this spoiler-free thing is getting really tough  lol! ), that's why I consider stuff like that Star Wars heresy.
Dude your missing out! Rebels is ok, but The Clone Wars had some amazing story lines, that really makes you care about the stuff set-up in the prequels

So many cool arcs with Jedi that finally get some much deserved screen time, you also really care for the clone troopers, and lots of epic episode arcs, featuring Deathwatch, the Nightsisters, Mandalore, and tons of other stuff

Even if you don't care to watch the whole series I wholly recommend checking out the episodes featuring said character

The whole series is on Netflix btw
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:46 am

Bump.

Anyone see the new teaser trailer?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 am

Billy D!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:02 am

And I finally saw Solo yesterday. I liked it a lot.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 am

MikeInFla wrote:And I finally saw Solo yesterday. I liked it a lot.
I liked it a lot too! I dare say it is my fave Star Wars flick. I know that it did poorly at the box office and critics were...well critical. But it was a great origin story.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:46 pm

I don't think Solo was the best SW film to date, but I still like it way more than The Last Jedi.  As time has gone on, I have come to detest that film.  Everything about it felt wrong.  The blew off the big buildup of Rey and Snoke.  They ignored the Knights of Ren.  They forgot that Jedi have to train to be strong in the Force.  They forgot that Leia chose not to be trained in the Jedi ways and would not have been able to pull herself in from space.  She would have died.  Also, why would the new Republic not have destroyed the Resistance in space rather than chase them in slo-mo and risk getting beaten?  That whole mess just doesn't add up.

The new one has a lot of work to do if they want to fix this trilogy for me.  I want to like it, but as Ricky Ricardo used to say to Lucy, "You got some 'splainin' to do!"
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The new one has a lot of work to do if they want to fix this trilogy for me.  I want to like it, but as Ricky Ricardo used to say to Lucy, "You got some 'splainin' to do!"

My thoughts exactly.  The Last Jedi could be excellent or could have killed the franchise depending on how the story arc plays out.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Of the new Star Wars flicks, I've only seen The Force Awakens and that was enough for me haha.  This new one looks particularly silly IMO.  I suspect Disney (aka Marvel and Star Wars) has hired someone to coach every actor in every one of their movies in making an "intense/determined/dramatic" face and somehow that face-coach got them to sign this crazy contract in which "the face" must be on screen at least 40% of all the movies' runtimes hahahahaha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 pm

I can't wait for the last episode in the series ! I have a theory about the title and Rey if anyone wants to know. Very Happy  

The Clone Wars is a must for any star wars fan. It fills in a lot of things between attack of the clones and revenge of the sith. The very first clones wars series fills in stuff RIGHT after the AoTC. For any Clone War fans there will be a new series coming out that fills in where the story just dropped off. Rebels starts out kind of slow, but later has some epic stuff in it.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:04 am

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:I don't think Solo was the best SW film to date, but I still like it way more than The Last Jedi.  As time has gone on, I have come to detest that film.  Everything about it felt wrong.  The blew off the big buildup of Rey and Snoke.  They ignored the Knights of Ren.  They forgot that Jedi have to train to be strong in the Force.  They forgot that Leia chose not to be trained in the Jedi ways and would not have been able to pull herself in from space.  She would have died.  Also, why would the new Republic not have destroyed the Resistance in space rather than chase them in slo-mo and risk getting beaten?  That whole mess just doesn't add up.

The new one has a lot of work to do if they want to fix this trilogy for me.  I want to like it, but as Ricky Ricardo used to say to Lucy, "You got some 'splainin' to do!"
I must admit I don't really know how these films are working, but I feel like one problem we have between TFA and TLJ is the change of person at the helm.  Like him or not now, there was a continuity to the original trilogy and the prequels because it was all Lucas' baby.  Sure, there were different directors and writers involved, but those films were all the vision of George Lucas.  With these films, I feel like Abrams had a vision for how he wanted the story of this trilogy to go and Johnson had a different vision, so when he took the reins for TLJ, he shifted the direction of the story.  Since some of the stuff Abrams established didn't fit Johnson's vision, he ditched it (Knights of Ren) or resolved it in an unsatisfying manner (Rey's parentage, Snoke).  I also feel like both directors made Phasma an even more disappointing character than Boba Fett.  I mean, I guess they were afraid if they really played her the way the novel depicted her then she would have competed too much with Kylo Ren, but as it is with all the hype and promotion around her--totally wasted character.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 12:59 pm

2022 should see the first of a new trilogy

I liked Solo, I liked TLJ as for TLJ the audiobook gave a little more insight on Luke's whole frame of mind. Doesn't excuse or redeem it and its not terrible but I do know that EP 9 should be awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 am

If it isn't, then they will have completely killed my desire for a new trilogy or anything else SWs for that matter.  If it isn't amazing, then Abrams and Johnson will go down in history as the men who broke Star Wars.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next