The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

+11
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Fundy
Staybrite
messiaen77
eatbugs
Andreas89
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
New Creation
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 am

Does anybody know anything about Star Wars: Underworld (TV series premiering in December, 2018)?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by Andreas89 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 am

That is new to me. I have heard about plans for a lower levels Coruscant TV series, described as "Empire Strikes Back on steroids" or "Game of Thrones-ish". I don't know if those plans have led to this series.
It sounds interesting either way.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 am

Andreas89 wrote:That is new to me. I have heard about plans for a lower levels Coruscant TV series, described as "Empire Strikes Back on steroids" or "Game of Thrones-ish". I don't know if those plans have led to this series.
It sounds interesting either way.

Hmmm, I just got to wondering if this is the series that will launch the upcoming Disney version of Netflix.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Disney doesn't need to launch anything for streaming.  They acquired Hulu when they bought out Fox.  So, all they have to do is start providing material to Hulu and they are done.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

New Creation wrote:I've decided to let go of my hatred for the prequels.

For so long, I've wished that we could erase them from history, or that someone would remake them, or, or, or...

But now I'm just letting them go.

I do own all 3, and do watch them once a year. Whenever a Star Wars movie comes out, as a family, we sit down and watch all movies in chronological order (not release order), and whenever we do, I enjoy the scenes that I like and occasionally, I'll see something or hear something I had not heard before.

But now I'm just going to let them fade. In future years, when we do our little "marathon" (which usually takes 3-4 weeks), I'll leave out the prequels. We have so much material now that I'm just going to let I-III fade into history. Plus, I can always fill their spot with animated features like, 1) Star Wars: Clone Wars (animated series, 2003-2005), 2) Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008, animated movie), 3) Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated series, 2008-2015), and 4) Star Wars: Rebels (animated series, 2014-present). I am consciously skipping Star Wars: Forces of Destiny (animated series, 2017-present), or, what I'm calling, a poor attempt by Disney to market Star Wars to little girls.
I loved the prequels as a kid, then I grew to resent them because I realized how poor of writing and acting they have, but as time goes on I realize without them the Star Wars universe would feel small, I really like that they are the true building blocks of the scope of the Star Wars galaxy

Thats part of the reason I dont exactly love the sequels, is the universe feels so small

I have to admit that the prequels have the best lightsabers duels, awesome villains and Jedi, if it wasnt for the acting I think they would have more fans

In reality, Lucas was a forerunner as, most of the CW superhero genre is the same kind of rip off cheesy acting drama type shows

Lucas really did it before anyone

I also have to admit, the mark of shame from the prequels is really made up for with The Clone Wars, one of the best animated shows ever
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:Disney doesn't need to launch anything for streaming.  They acquired Hulu when they bought out Fox.  So, all they have to do is start providing material to Hulu and they are done.

I forgot they bought Hulu. Well then they will probably re-brand it and do a big marketing push.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:15 pm

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:15 pm

The teaser looks cool, but we will get the full trailer tomorrow.  We will have to wait until then to see how it really looks.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 am

HA! So much for spoiler free Laughing
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 am

How was that a spoiler?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:22 am

Maybe a language thing. Trailers and such are sometimes referred to as spoilers, so Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Personally I don't think a trailer is a spoiler.  If I'm wrong, ok.  Nobody made anyone click the link though.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 am

I love the music in the trailer.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 am

I hope I'm not being pedantic here, but is anyone else bothered by the look of the logo? The diagonal "SOLO" in the yellow box just looks funny to me. I feel like it's looking at me with two big yellow eyes. Too much empty space. Perhaps it's because I know the character as Han Solo, and not simply Solo.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 am

New Creation wrote: Perhaps it's because I know the character as Han Solo, and not simply Solo.

Me too but when I first saw the title I thought of Greedo who called him "Solo".

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Something about the just the word Solo makes me want to grab a plastic red cup and fill it up from the keg.  
I think that might be the reason it kind of bugs me a little.

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 3 Solo-c10
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm

So, not only do we get Episode IX, and the Han Solo movie, and most likely the Obi Wan movie, and the next trilogy of which Rian Johnson is writing the first......

.......but there is yet another trilogy in the works by the Game of Thrones creators, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss! source

Too much Star Wars you say? Not for me!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm ok with the never-ending serialization IF they stay good and consistent with each other.  This was the point of Lucas starting with IV after all.  Spin-off's outside of the main series seem unnecessary and even destroy the point of the roman numeral episodizing (sorry spell-check, it's a word now).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:32 pm

I just want an Old Republic movie Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Here's my order...

1. The Force Awakens (Brilliant, and done with just the right amount of humour!)
2. The Empire Strikes Back (Iconic, and awesome)
2. A New Hope (as good as Empire, nothing bad here!)
4. Return of the Jedi (great, but Ewoks spoil it a bit)
5. Rogue One (Good movie, but not enough Vader)
6. Revenge of the Sith (Probably one of the best SW openers)
7. The Phantom Menace (Much better than people think, although Jar-Jar slightly annoying)
8. The Last Jedi (Some great visuals, but WHAT ON EARTH were they doing with the script!  AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!)
9. Attack of the Clones (Wooden acting ruined an okay film)
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm

I felt that the wooden acting was prevalent in all three of the prequels.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I felt that the wooden acting was prevalent in all three of the prequels.
Minus McGregor, Neeson, and Lee they were easily the best characters of the trilogy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I felt that the wooden acting was prevalent in all three of the prequels.
Minus McGregor, Neeson, and Lee they were easily the best characters of the trilogy

Compared to both actors who played Anakin and Natalie Portman, a stick could have been a great character.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:

I thought Neeson and Lee's skills were under-used.  I don't blame them (or Jackson, Christiansen, Portman, or any other actor), I blame George Lucas for a bad script.  The only characters I thought were written well were Obi Wan and maybe Palpatine.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next