The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by oldschooldoom on Sat May 11, 2019 8:56 am

Disney recently made public their plan to alternate a new SW movie with a new Avatar movie. Starting in 2021 and ending in 2026, we will see a new movie every year and a new SW movie every other year.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The SPOILER FREE all-purpose Star Wars thread

Post by alldatndensum on Sat May 11, 2019 12:26 pm

I am not sure that folks are really wanting more Avatar.  While it was a decent flick, it was a little Star Wars mixed with Pocahontas.  It did so well because there were no other big sci-fi contenders at the time.  Now, they have a lot more competition, and the story of Avatar hasn't really aged well.

If they do more of them, I may or may not see them.  The first one felt complete and didn't really need more in my opinion.  To continue just feels like feeding the ol' cash cow to me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warzawa on Tue May 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I want some new SW new settings, etc..
Warzawa
Warzawa
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 on Tue May 21, 2019 2:41 pm

What I want to see is some canonization of the Old Republic.  Although I guess since characters from those stories/games/novels are starting to appear in canonized games, and with Darth Bane appearing in TCW that may mean their stories are becoming canon.  Still, I'd love to see them in movies.

I'd also like to see them fill in some gaps between ROTJ and TFW.  Actually between the Aftermath novels and TFW.  Maybe they were keeping some of the birth of the First Order story under wraps to not spoil the return of Palpatine, or maybe they didn't want the whining of the people who thought there was too much politics in the prequels, but it really doesn't seem they did enough to support the rise of the First Order out of the ashes of the Empire.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum