The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad Mick Rowe News

+21
Soldier777
Pro-Zak
quietvictim02
eatbugs
MikeInFla
5minutes
Staybrite
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Follower of Jesus
pastorbrad
Black Rider
timekeeper
Markus1987
ImagoDei
lhversaw
New Creation
My Awesome Timothy
deathisgain
Andreas89
alldatndensum
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sad Mick Rowe News - Page 2 Empty Re: Sad Mick Rowe News

Post by deathisgain Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:37 pm

So sad to read of this. I pray that God ministers to him during this time and helps him to turn things around.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Yeah it's sad. Reminds me of a former radio friend who hosted a syndicated radio show. He was sentenced in Tennessee to 45 years in prison in a similar case. Was incredibly shocking as I found him to be a great guy and knowledgeable in 80's music. His show had tons of interviews with lots of stars and I am sure those on his show were as shocked as I was when I heard the news.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Very, very sad indeed.  I was just thinking about him the other day listening to Midnight Orchestra.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Sad Mick Rowe News - Page 2 Empty Justice

Post by quietvictim02 Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:07 am

As someone who was groomed by him in 2001-2003, I am glad to see this justice come around. I have no tangible proof anymore, but as a young girl (14-16) in high school....I can absolutely tell you what he did was true. I am not to blame, as this was an adult man who knew how to groom a child.

It’s unsettling that Jesus would forgive someone who hurt so many children.

This is why I am an atheist. Do NOT try to change me. But listen to my story above. Thanks

quietvictim02
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum quietvictim. You are welcome here and will be treated with respect. Sorry you went thru a tragic event in life.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:54 pm

quietvictim02 wrote:As someone who was groomed by him in 2001-2003, I am glad to see this justice come around. I have no tangible proof anymore, but as a young girl (14-16) in high school....I can absolutely tell you what he did was true. I am not to blame, as this was an adult man who knew how to groom a child.

This is why I am an atheist. Do NOT try to change me. But listen to my story above. Thanks

So sorry to hear about that. And I can agree that it is hard some times to reconcile God's love for us as sinners. I say that with myself in mind.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:55 am

quietvictim02 wrote:As someone who was groomed by him in 2001-2003, I am glad to see this justice come around. I have no tangible proof anymore, but as a young girl (14-16) in high school....I can absolutely tell you what he did was true. I am not to blame, as this was an adult man who knew how to groom a child.

I am sorry that you had to endure that and I pray that your inner wounds will be healed.

I don't quite get this statement, though, as tone and intent can be really difficult to interpret on an online forum:

So you want us to listen to you, but the whole "don't try to change me" makes it seem like you don't want to hear our stories.  Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but I would like to understand just where you are coming from.  

You will find that not everyone on the Christian Metal Realm is a born-again believer.  You will find many don't even listen to Christian metal.  Some are here for the secular side of metal.  Some listen to some Christian stuff if it is good.  Many are devout believers who only listen to Christian music.  That was me for many, many years.  There are devout believers who listen to both Christian and secular.  I think that is where most of us are nowadays.  We are an eclectic blend of personalities who all love the music whether we share the same faith or not.  We invite you to get to know us, but that will require us to know your story and for you to get to know ours as well.  Welcome to our humble abode, and I hope that your stay here will be most excellent and that many friendships will be forged here.  I know I have made many friends through this forum and others like it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:59 am

I pray that he works through all the issues he has while he is incarcerated.  I pray that the Lord takes away these desires for him and that he will be a powerful witness for Christ when he is released.  I pray that his victims will find closure and healing as well.  I also pray that his family will find healing with all of this.  With any felony, the victims isn't the only one hurting.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:22 am

I used to pray for many years that the Lord would take away evil desires lurking in my heart, I have now come to the conclusion that is not how it works; "Therefor, put to death that which remains, evil desire." There is a huge part we play in this...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:34 am

Pro-Zak wrote:I used to pray for many years that the Lord would take away evil desires lurking in my heart, I have now come to the conclusion that is not how it works; "Therefor, put to death that which remains, evil desire." There is a huge part we play in this...

Very true!  We have to force ourselves to not give in if we want to crucify the flesh.  Through prayer, we ask for the strength to withstand temptations.  If the Lord Himself were tempted, who are we to think that we would be spared?  We have to fight to deny those urges out of our devotion to Christ.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:20 am

The way I see it, you do the crime you do the time. People who would take advantage of minors need help and need to be punished. I remember having a cassette tape of Tempest A Coming Storm back in 1987/88. From this I would never but any products form Mick Rowe. Even though vocalist Scott Douglas served his time, I can't bring myself to buying Whiteheart's Vital Signs and Hotline where he did a similar crime. They are decent albums.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:35 am

Much like God used David - an adulterous murderer - to write many psalms, I think He can work with other sinners to speak the truth. I used to not be able to listen to Vital Signs and Hotline, but when I read God’s holy Word, and some of it written by the vilest former offenders, I came to believe that, for me, it is okay to enjoy those albums (and Tempest’s too). Truth is truth, whether spoken by Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel, by David in Psalms, or by Scott Douglas or Mick Rowe. I’m not suggesting everyone should listen to these albums. I’m just giving an alternative viewpoint to consider. We all have to follow our conscience before the Lord.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:00 am

My question would be; has Mick repented? Those you listed came to a place of repentance before God. I do agree though FOJ, it's a matter of conscience.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:44 am

If those albums spoke to me and I enjoyed them, I would still listen.  I still enjoy Jennifer Knapp's first three albums despite her being an out and proud lesbian and preaching it is okay.  I won't by her new stuff knowing where she stands now. But, I will still listen to Mick's stuff that I enjoyed before regardless of where he fell.  I don't have those early Whiteheart albums just because they are much lighter than the rest of their catalog.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:16 am

Follower of Jesus, you make a good point including when you mentioned David. I'm not saying I'm any better than these people. I have issues in my life. To mention one of John Schlitt's lyrics where he writes something like in the inner corners of my mind I have thoughts unfit for swine. As Christ said if we think of doing something it's the same as doing it. So me and any of use here are not better that these people. There are people, Christians and non Christians, who think they are better than the child molesters and they are delusional and a bunch of hyprocrites.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes I agree FOJ, as I had a real issue with Vengeance after Roger’s decision to become an atheist. I didn’t listen to Vengeance Rising anymore. But God used him just like he uses me and you and anyone he chooses. I have no problem listening to Vengeance now as it’s glorifying God regardless of Roger’s beliefs. It took a while for me to understand this.
I thank God for the music and the message and that guys like Mick Rowe would know that God is a forgiving God who loves them dearly and can still bless them in their lives if they are repentant and make them worthy messengers of God’s grace and hope.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 5minutes Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:18 pm

Thread resurrection....

Mick (aka "Handsome Mickrowe X") is out of prison, paroled.  He got a 16 year sentence and served 4.  He's a permanent resident of the sex offender registry, required to register every 90 days with the local sheriff's department for the rest of his life, and he is classified as a Sexually Violent Predator. He's not allowed anywhere near schools.
5minutes
5minutes
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:52 pm

It’s absolutely despicable how soft the justice system is on pedos. Many people serve much longer sentences for far lesser crimes
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, eatbugs, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:00 pm

Not saying God won’t forgive him if he truly repents and trusts in Christ for forgiveness. But the civil law applies to believers as well, and 4 years for a crime that horrible is a complete joke
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:21 pm

I hope he can get the help he needs to be / stay free of the desires and to navigate life with the heavy restrictions.  
He needs some support right now, and prayer.  I'm glad he survived prison but my guess is that it was rough. 
 I am surprised that a 16-year sentence was deemed complete in 4, but then again nothing about our justice system makes any sense these days.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:33 pm

We also need to pray for his victims and for protection of any other children that may now be in harm’s way due to his release
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

eatbugs, Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Used to have that tempest album, the one with the eye of the tempest on the cover. It sat proudly with all my saint and Whitecross and Leviticus albums etc...had no idea about all this stuff going on. Speaking of Leviticus, knights of heaven (or was over the hills with that chorus) was a really cool tune. Forgot about that.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:12 pm

The Tempest albums given proper reissues with all proceeds going to abuse victims.  Good idea?  Bad idea?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom, Pethead, BaleMaster, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:16 pm

That could be a good idea
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:29 am

It wouldn't make enough money to be worth much is the problem.
He's out so fast because our country is run by pedos, it's really sick.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next