The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD

+8
steveparsons
jeffcorpse
Hardcore Christian
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
Yonne
Blake
Candlemass
Soundmass.com
12 posters

Go down

Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD Empty Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD

Post by Soundmass.com Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:57 am

Currently available from here: http://downloads.soundmass.com/products/terraphobia-terrafication-the-mort-years-1

Check out a couple of the tracks...

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD Empty Re: Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD

Post by Candlemass Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 am

Umm...why? scratch
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD Empty Re: Terraphobia (Mick Jelinic) releases Mortification covers CD

Post by Blake Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:44 am

I havent heard the samples but I would have to agree with Candlemass. It says he has re-recorded the 7 songs he wrote while with Mortification.

Personally when I read this it sounds like he is saying that Steve's bass and vocals werent good enough, so he is "doing it right".

But thats just me.

I will still have to listen to these when I have a chance
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Perhaps it's some sort of tribute, but I like those songs the way they are, little interest in this...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yonne Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 am

It's a tribute. Really awesome, made out of love. There's more low end here than on the originals. This is how Mick describes himself on his Facebook page: "Mick Jelinic – Guitars & Steve Rowe impersonations". I like the re-recorded songs almost better than the originals because I'm a huge fan of Mick's vocals.

Yonne
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Candlemass wrote:Umm...why? scratch

Grrrr
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I havent heard the samples but I would have to agree with Candlemass. It says he has re-recorded the 7 songs he wrote while with Mortification.

Personally when I read this it sounds like he is saying that Steve's bass and vocals werent good enough, so he is "doing it right".

But thats just me.

I will still have to listen to these when I have a chance

Angry Slap
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:53 pm

"Why fix something if its not broken?"

Comes to mind
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:53 am

I'm keen to hear this. I wouldn't have minded if Mick added his own lyrics to the music.

Back to top Go down

Post by HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 am

1 4 All wrote:I'm keen to hear this. I wouldn't have minded if Mick added his own lyrics to the music.

I'm enjoying this, great songs Terraphobia style.
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:27 pm

I like!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by steveparsons Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:"Why fix something if its not broken?"

Comes to mind

I'm a massive Mortification fan but I must honestly say that the songs on this release do sound better than the originals, Mick has done a great job, Terrafication rocks

steveparsons
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:29 am

Terraphobia is a straight death metal project and existed long before Mick joined Mortification.
Mortification is a thrash, death, punk, heavy metal hybrid were a lot of different songs from different songwriters get mixed.

So I totally understand Mick if he likes to rerecord his songs with a "Mick-sound" and the typical Terraphobia aggressiveness and having them on one album. There were a lot of people in the past who wanted to hear a more aggressive Mortification - so there it is in a way.
So: there's nothing wrong about this album IMO. They sound is different enough from the original recordings to have a totally new listening experience.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD Fri May 08, 2015 5:01 am

Poor production, can barely hear any drums in the mix!!!  affraid
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri May 08, 2015 4:25 pm

I was very interested in this project when it was announced. I love Terraphobia's Evilution.

I must say I'm a bit disappointed with these remakes though... I think the original versions sound better. They sound "wider" or something like that. And I think these songs really NEED that cool NOISY bass that is in the originals. Especially Livin' Like a Zombie! The bass in the original version is very very cool!

These new versions aren't bad by any means, but I just miss the wider sound and the CLINKING and CLANKING BASS of the originals!

EDIT:
Also, the drums in the originals have this cool "chaotic" feel to them. Sounds a bit more human to me.

I'm looking to buy this album in future though.

EDIT2:
Have to say this... Mick Jelinic was and still is my favorite Mortification guitarist. He made even the worst Mortification songs listenable with his playing style (along with Adam Zaffarese who was fantastic too - I perhaps like him even better than the legendary Jayson Sherlock).

EDIT3:
oh wait! I think Brain Cleaner has the best drumming since Post Momentary Affliction, so Mike Forsberg might take the spot on my favorite Mortification post-Jayson drummer. Well, anyways, Sherlock, Zaffarese and Forsberg are the top 3 Mortification drummers for me.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Is Mick still kicking around with Terraphobia? I've been on a death metal kick lately so I was wondering.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:Is Mick still kicking around with Terraphobia? I've been on a death metal kick lately so I was wondering.
Seem to remember reading on his Facebook page that he has plans for a brand new Terrphobia album in 2018.  Evilution will be released on vinyl later this year if you collect vinyl.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Hope it comes about, really enjoy his old school approach.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down