The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime

+3
alldatndensum
Blake
New Creation
7 posters

Go down

Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime Empty Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime

Post by New Creation Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:24 am

Obama just signed into law the Frank Wolf International Religious Freedom Act
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/26/pen-stroke-president-obama-protects-non-believers-religious-republicans.html

Here is the official law
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1150

While not specifically described to in the law itself, I can see the government using this to persecute those who openly proselytize, evangelize, and preach in the public arena. Especially under watch will be religious groups that target specific sectors of the population like Muslims or atheists. Having been a street preacher for years, this gives me great concern. While I do not currently preach on the streets, I do still share the gospel from time to time publicly.

Text in the law that concerns me:

The executive summary of each such report shall include: (1) information about a country in which a non-state actor is designated as an entity of particular concern for religious freedom, and (2) a Special Watch List that shall identify each country that engages in or tolerates severe violations of religious freedom but which the President determines does not meet all the criteria for designation as a country of particular concern for religious freedom.

What are you all hearing about this law?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime Empty Re: Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime

Post by New Creation Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:30 am

Fascinating. Christianity Today is painting the law in a completely different light. http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/december/congrats-frank-wolf-obama-expansion-irfa-religious-freedom.html

They are saying that this law will help protect Christians from ISIS persecution. What CT is neglecting is that this can be used the other way, to prosecute active evangelists that seek to convert Muslims.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime Empty Re: Now, it's more easy than ever to commit a hate crime

Post by Blake Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:59 am

I haven't read into it, but I have no doubt that it will be used in some way against us. Protect against ISIS persecution? Doesn't ISIS do what they want anyway? I don't think its going to prevent radicals from trying to kill people. Unless you are referring to something else, I may be out of the loop but I thought ISIS referred to the terrorist group.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:26 pm

With the climate of our nation shifting so quickly when it comes to Christianity and Christians in general, this will be used against us.  It will be used to assist at first, but that pendulum will swing the other way as we get closet and close to the Lord''s return.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Blake wrote:I haven't read into it, but I have no doubt that it will be used in some way against us. Protect against ISIS persecution? Doesn't ISIS do what they want anyway? I don't think its going to prevent radicals from trying to kill people. Unless you are referring to something else, I may be out of the loop but I thought ISIS referred to the terrorist group.

I agree, they will do what they want regardless. I'm stating that Christianity Today is saying this about ISIS.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:15 am

As someone who lives in Canada, I can say that these types of laws are retarded, and these lawmakers are blatantly anti-Christian.
Like for example our "wonderful" PM Justin Trudeau recently passed a law making it that you can now commit acts of bestiality so long as there is no penetration involved.
While at the same time, you're not allowed to say anything negative about homosexuals lest they get their poor feelings hurt. This includes what the bible says.
One day all of North America and Europe will be like Sweden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Free777 Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:06 pm

DoritoFingers wrote:Like for example our "wonderful" PM Justin Trudeau recently passed a law making it that you can now commit acts of bestiality so long as there is no penetration involved.
 That's a blatant lie. Back up the claim.

Free777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 am

Hmmm, as a law student I'm trying to make sense of this law. Only a few problems. Firstly, it looks like it's criminal law (or maybe a mixture of criminal and administrative law), so public law. Secondly, the USA have a common law system, and as someone from Europe's mainland, I'm only used to civil law systems. I need some more time, if that even helps.

And don't worry. God is infinitely stronger than the people who hate Him.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:37 am

Andreas89 wrote:And don't worry. God is infinitely stronger than the people who hate Him.

Not worried, just remaining vigilant.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Free777 wrote:
DoritoFingers wrote:Like for example our "wonderful" PM Justin Trudeau recently passed a law making it that you can now commit acts of bestiality so long as there is no penetration involved.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bestiality-supreme-court-canada-1.3624312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:58 am

...Did you read that link? It doesn't exactly back up your claim...

Reading the summary of this law, I don't see how it will have that much domestic impact, it seems more concerned with how and when to designate other countries/entities as infringing on freedom of religion. Of course, I haven't read the actual text so maybe there's other stuff in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:26 am

New Creation wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:And don't worry. God is infinitely stronger than the people who hate Him.

Not worried, just remaining vigilant.
Good to know, comforting to read somehow.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Free777 Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:43 am

DoritoFingers wrote:
Free777 wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bestiality-supreme-court-canada-1.3624312

You completely missed the point of the article. Our "wonderful" PM Justin Trudeau didn't pass any law allowing beastiality. The current bestiality law relates to buggery of animals but the definition of beastiality isn't clear enough to charge someone who committed the act referred to in the article. It's been kicked back to parliament for further expansion on the definition. 

I'm all for holding politicians feet to the fire when they pass laws that are vague, or trample the rights of others. But making stuff up to get outraged over is ridiculous and doesn't help in this recent climate of fake news being spread around as fact.

Free777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Free777 wrote:
I'm all for holding politicians feet to the fire when they pass laws that are vague, or trample the rights of others. But making stuff up to get outraged over is ridiculous and doesn't help in this recent climate of fake news being spread around as fact.

I think all of us our guilty of looking at things subjectively rather than objectively from time to time... especially when it hits close to home or pulls on our heartstrings.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 pm

New Creation wrote:Obama just signed into law the Frank Wolf International Religious Freedom Act
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/26/pen-stroke-president-obama-protects-non-believers-religious-republicans.html

Here is the official law
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1150

While not specifically described to in the law itself, I can see the government using this to persecute those who openly proselytize, evangelize, and preach in the public arena. Especially under watch will be religious groups that target specific sectors of the population like Muslims or atheists. Having been a street preacher for years, this gives me great concern. While I do not currently preach on the streets, I do still share the gospel from time to time publicly.

Text in the law that concerns me:

The executive summary of each such report shall include: (1) information about a country in which a non-state actor is designated as an entity of particular concern for religious freedom, and (2) a Special Watch List that shall identify each country that engages in or tolerates severe violations of religious freedom but which the President determines does not meet all the criteria for designation as a country of particular concern for religious freedom.

What are you all hearing about this law?
What you need to do is be more clever in the ways you proselytize. If you get a few guys together and kidnap a retarded kid and torture him as a live broadcast on the internet, it won't be a 'hate crime.' All you have to do is slip the gospel in between the physical abuse and some racial epithets and the will be no hate crime for preaching!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Here's a wonderful video of a guy fighting for his freedom of speech in Canada. Very powerful arguments. Enjoy!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down