The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crime

5 posters

Go down

crime Empty crime

Post by Ricky2112 Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:58 pm

On Christmas day my home was broke into TV and laptop were taken ...have any of you been the victim of crime and had you ever had any results from calling the police ...
Ricky2112
Ricky2112
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

crime Empty Re: crime

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:46 pm

No.

...and i'm sorry to say that the odds of them finding the guys that stole them or the items themselves are slim...to none.

Those kind of crimes just are not a high enough priority for the law enforcement in your area and how they use their resources.

..but you still need to report it so you can make a claim for your home owners insurance.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:42 am

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Never have had a break-in but a year ago I installed 5 security cameras at our home along with a DVR. You might look into a DVR system. Sure a thief could destroy the cameras but as long as the DVR is intact you still have the footage. Some of them also detect motion. Mine are cheaper ones and still have the option to email you a picture when it detects motion...I usually get pictures of the wind shaking the camera though so I turned alerts off.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Someone broke into my car several years ago and stole my stereo amp, and my bass speakers I had in the back.
They tried to get the CD player too, but they gave up on trying to get that.

When I called the police, it took a while for him to get there.

When he did get there, he didn't even get out of the car or file a report.

He told me it wasn't worth it and that they'd never find who did it.

He told me to have good night and just drove away.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 am

Ricky2112 wrote:On Christmas day my home was broke into TV and laptop were taken ...have any of you been the victim of crime and had you ever had any results from calling the police ...
Yes, but it was just my bike and they wouldn't take the report.
sentient 6 wrote:No.

...and i'm sorry to say that the odds of them finding the guys that stole them or the items themselves are slim...to none.

Those kind of crimes just are not a high enough priority for the law enforcement in your area and how they use their resources.

..but you still need to report it so you can make a claim for your home owners insurance.
I can only imagine how busy they are. How sad things are like this.
Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Never have had a break-in but a year ago I installed 5 security cameras at our home along with a DVR. You might look into a DVR system. Sure a thief could destroy the cameras but as long as the DVR is intact you still have the footage. Some of them also detect motion. Mine are cheaper ones and still have the option to email you a picture when it detects motion...I usually get pictures of the wind shaking the camera though so I turned alerts off.
Yeah, that's the way to go. I have an 8 camera system that surrounds the exterior of my house. One of my tricks is to save the 8th camera for inside my house when I go away. I have it set to email me. There is no wind or anything moving in my house. The only false positives I ever get are occasional shadows or change of sun light.

Another nice thing about the system is when things go bump in the night, I don't have to go out to potential danger to find out. I just pickup my smartphone or tablet and quickly have a look around.
Mortal wrote:Someone broke into my car several years ago and stole my stereo amp, and my bass speakers I had in the back.
They tried to get the CD player too, but they gave up on trying to get that.

When I called the police, it took a while for him to get there.

When he did get there, he didn't even get out of the car or file a report.

He told me it wasn't worth it and that they'd never find who did it.

He told me to have good night and just drove away.
This is where you need to break the law and set a man trap. I heard the story of a neighbor of a friend of a friend who had his car stereo stolen 3 times in couple of months. The last time he replaced his stereo he epoxied razor blades to the underside of it. One morning he found a trail of blood that led from his car to a few houses over to his white trash neighbor's house. He still had his stereo.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down