The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophets that predicted a Trump win

+4
New Creation
d@v!d
deathisgain
Superjuice
8 posters

Go down

Prophets that predicted a Trump win Empty Prophets that predicted a Trump win

Post by Superjuice Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Regardless of your theology, you have to give it to these people for going out on a limb and completely risking the future of their ministries to their predictions. In light of all the reports that said he would lose according to the mainstream media:

http://www.joemygod.com/2015/08/11/pastor-jeremiah-johnson-god-told-me-he-sent-donald-trump-to-help-bring-back-jesus/

“The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, ‘Trump shall become My trumpet to the American people, for he possesses qualities that are even hard to find in My people these days. Trump does not fear man nor will he allow deception and lies to go unnoticed. I am going to use him to expose darkness and perversion in America like never before, but you must understand that he is like a bull in a china closet. Many will want to throw him away because he will disturb their sense of peace and tranquility, but you must listen through the bantering to discover the truth that I will speak through him. I will use the wealth that I have given him to expose and launch investigations searching for the truth. Just as I raised up Cyrus to fulfill My purposes and plans, so have I raised up Trump to fulfill my purposes and plans prior to the 2016 election.'” – Pastor Jeremiah Johnson, quoted today on World Net Daily.

Fireman Mark Taylor's Trump Prophecy from 2011:

http://www.charismanews.com/politics/primaries/56703-donald-trump-is-a-central-figure-in-this-prophecy

This prophetess has been predicting a Trump win since May:

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Prophets that predicted a Trump win Empty Re: Prophets that predicted a Trump win

Post by deathisgain Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:10 pm

Well, it was a 50/50 shot that they'd get it right, so not much of a stretch there. If they were wrong, nobody would probably remember and hold them accountable for it. As for Trump exposing darkness, etc., only time will tell. If they are wrong, do they still stone false prophets?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Prophets that predicted a Trump win Empty Re: Prophets that predicted a Trump win

Post by d@v!d Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 am

Superjuice wrote:Regardless of your theology, you have to give it to these people for going out on a limb and completely risking the future of their ministries to their predictions. In light of all the reports that said he would lose according to the mainstream media:
Hacks like these risk very little. If they were wrong they just say something like God's mind changed at the last moment or they lay low for a few months and start over. If they did go out of business, no loss to the church to say the least.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:28 am

deathisgain wrote:Well, it was a 50/50 shot that they'd get it right, so not much of a stretch there. If they were wrong, nobody would probably remember and hold them accountable for it. As for Trump exposing darkness, etc., only time will tell. If they are wrong, do they still stone false prophets?
Sometimes I wish they still did.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:52 am

Superjuice, in your opinion, what is the penalty for a false prophet these days?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:11 am

All the prophets who predicted Trump would win...

CONGRATULATIONS! No one can stone you... yet!  Smile Razz Very Happy 

In all seriousness, though, while saddened by a Trump win I sincerely hope that those of us who didn't like him are wrong about him and hope maybe he'll really do something good. Anything is possible I suppose.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:59 am

TheOldMan2084 wrote:All the prophets who predicted Trump would win...

CONGRATULATIONS! No one can stone you... yet!  Smile Razz Very Happy 

In all seriousness, though, while saddened by a Trump win I sincerely hope that those of us who didn't like him are wrong about him and hope maybe he'll really do something good. Anything is possible I suppose.
I hope to be wrong too.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:17 am

Superjuice wrote:“[...] Trump does not fear man nor will he allow deception and lies to go unnoticed. [...]”
Now THAT would be something. Question: will it apply to him as well?
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:40 am

deathisgain wrote:Well, it was a 50/50 shot that they'd get it right, so not much of a stretch there. If they were wrong, nobody would probably remember and hold them accountable for it. As for Trump exposing darkness, etc., only time will tell. If they are wrong, do they still stone false prophets?
Oh there has been plenty of darkness exposed by this election.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:54 am

In a sense Trump got elected because it was Gods will...

Daniel 4:17New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
17 The sentence is rendered by decree of the watchers,
    the decision is given by order of the holy ones,
in order that all who live may know
    that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdom of mortals;
he gives it to whom he will
    and sets over it the lowliest of human beings.’

Daniel 4:35New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

35 All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
    and he does what he wills with the host of heaven
    and the inhabitants of the earth.
There is no one who can stay his hand
    or say to him, “What are you doing?”

But what is typically shown these days as " prophets " or " prophecies " have little to do with the scriptural understanding of those works or offices.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:45 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Oh there has been plenty of darkness exposed by this election.
Yeah, who needs Robert Lundrum when you have the Clintons and co.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:18 pm

deathisgain wrote:Well, it was a 50/50 shot that they'd get it right, so not much of a stretch there.
Incorrect.  Mark Taylor said he would be president 5 years ago - obviously, it was long before he became the nominee.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:20 pm

New Creation wrote:Superjuice, in your opinion, what is the penalty for a false prophet these days?
You don't listen to them anymore and their ministry would collapse as a result like this guy:

People are holding him accountable and calling him out.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Superjuice wrote:
New Creation wrote:Superjuice, in your opinion, what is the penalty for a false prophet these days?
You don't listen to them anymore and their ministry would collapse as a result like this guy:

What does God's Word prescribe you do with false prophets?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Superjuice wrote:
deathisgain wrote:Well, it was a 50/50 shot that they'd get it right, so not much of a stretch there.
Incorrect.  Mark Taylor said he would be president 5 years ago - obviously, it was long before he became the nominee.

Weeeeeellll, I looked him up, aaaaaaaannnnd he was wrong. He admitted that the prophecy was for 2012. Trump was also supposed to beat Obama in a clean sweep. But like most prophecies, God changed his mind or they misunderstood him. Also I would question when he publicly came out with this prophecy.

https://tictocministries.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/mark-taylor-admits-trump-prophecy-was-for-2012-not-fulfilled-jim-bakker-show/
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:32 am

New Creation wrote:
Superjuice wrote:
You don't listen to them anymore and their ministry would collapse

What does God's Word prescribe you do with false prophets?

Just for the sake of transparency, here is why I'm asking.

If you hold prophecy to be valid today, then you should also be equally zealous to carry out the punishment for false prophets as prescribed by God's Word. If you feel that that punishment is no longer valid, then the gift of prophecy is also no longer valid.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:16 am

New Creation wrote:
If you hold prophecy to be valid today, then you should also be equally zealous to carry out the punishment for false prophets as prescribed by God's Word. If you feel that that punishment is no longer valid, then the gift of prophecy is also no longer valid.
If the gift of prophecy is no longer valid, what would you make of 1 Corinthians 14?
Just to be on the safe side: I'm not trying to bait you or anything, I'm just curious/willing to learn.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:38 am

Andreas89 wrote:
New Creation wrote:
If the gift of prophecy is no longer valid, what would you make of 1 Corinthians 14?
Just to be on the safe side: I'm not trying to bait you or anything, I'm just curious/willing to learn.

Funny you should ask, because just a few verses prior in 1 Corinthians 13:8, Paul tells us that prophecies will fail, and will cease along with the other gifts we so often hear about. When will they cease? When "that which is perfect is come". What is "that which is perfect"? It is the Body of Christ.

See, Paul was at a critical time in the history of the family of God. The Church of Israel was coming to a close, and the Body of Christ was in it's infancy. We were at a time when they both existed. By the end of Paul's ministry though, the gifts had mostly ceased and the Body of Christ (that which is perfect), our state today, was in full effect. It's been in full effect since then.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:08 pm

New Creation wrote:Just for the sake of transparency, here is why I'm asking.

First, I want to say that we need to be cautious here in this thread. We don't want the TR pt2.

But, I'll answer as I think you are making a false equation. Gifts don't equal laws. The laws for punishing a false prophet were for the Jews in the old covenant. Prophecy is a gift that transcends time insomuch that you could have a prophet then, (and if he were false, be executed) and you can have one now, (and if he's false be merely shunned as the church doesn't have the authority for corporal punishment.)

That said, I fall into the in between of where you are and where SJ is. I don't see in scripture that God has said that there is a cessation of the gifts and yet, I believe that there is no need for prophesy today as we have all the knowledge that we need to live godly lives and furthermore, there isn't a single proclaimed 'modern day prophet' that isn't tied into the modern Pentecostal movement phenomena. I call it modern as it's is only around 100 years old. 1905 Azuza street. one can argue about the Quakers, but largely Azusa is what brought this to the forefront of evangelical Christianity. Read church history and you will see that this isn't what Christianity historically was. And this is why I have no problem calling them hacks.

I agree with SJ that if some claims something that fails to come true that they sould be discredited. But I take it further, anytime someone says they have a prophecy, I turn them off right there as I am already certain before hand that it's a bunch of bullocks.

The goal of these so called prophets is to distract Christians from doing the Lord's work of evangelizing and caring for their neighbors and enemies by enticing them to marvel over 'secrets revealed' and feeling like they have the insiders' view of things.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:28 pm

New Creation wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:
New Creation wrote:

Funny you should ask, because just a few verses prior in 1 Corinthians 13:8, Paul tells us that prophecies will fail, and will cease along with the other gifts we so often hear about. When will they cease? When "that which is perfect is come". What is "that which is perfect"? It is the Body of Christ.

See, Paul was at a critical time in the history of the family of God. The Church of Israel was coming to a close, and the Body of Christ was in it's infancy. We were at a time when they both existed. By the end of Paul's ministry though, the gifts had mostly ceased and the Body of Christ (that which is perfect), our state today, was in full effect. It's been in full effect since then.
Thanks for sharing Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down