The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting video about bank notes...

2 posters

Go down

An interesting video about bank notes... Empty An interesting video about bank notes...

Post by Soldier777 Mon May 23, 2016 10:27 am

Here is an interesting video about American, Canadian, British and Australian bank notes. I didn't know that the British did not have a 100 pound bank note...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me9fCKNvBBE
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

An interesting video about bank notes... Empty Re: An interesting video about bank notes...

Post by Staybrite Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Interesting.
Maybe it's my U.S. ignorance showing here, but I don't see the major benefit to basing the note size on a log scale.  Quite frankly I would be a little peeved to have to deal with notes of differing sizes in my wallet.  I will admit though that I think the U.S. has the most boring looking money (at least with regards to color).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

An interesting video about bank notes... Empty Re: An interesting video about bank notes...

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:20 pm

I actually find it pretty confusing that all US banknotes are the same size. The fact that all UK banknotes are different colours & sizes is really useful, and hardly anyone uses £50 notes anyway, except when making large cash purchases. Even then, £20 notes are far more common.

"I'm afraid I can't accept that, I'll have to check with my manager" made me actually laugh out loud. Outside of stores which sell higher-value items, a lot of places will not accept £50s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon May 23, 2016 4:14 pm

thedavo wrote:"I'm afraid I can't accept that, I'll have to check with my manager" made me actually laugh out loud. Outside of stores which sell higher-value items, a lot of places will not accept £50s.

Same thing in the U.S.  I've actually been told I couldn't purchase $40 worth of food with a $100 bill.  The restaurant ended up throwing the food away rather than sell it to me, just because their policy forbid them from accepting anything larger than a $20 bill.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Here in Canada, all denominations are accepted as long as they have enough cash in the till to break a $100. Like the UK and Australia, we have coins for the smaller denominations. We have a coin for the $1 (we call the loonie where there is a loon on one side) and a coin for the $2 (what we call a toonie, the nick name for $2, even though there is a polar bear on one side. The exchange rare for Canadian dollars is pretty much on par with the Australian dollars.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue May 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Here in Canada, all denominations are accepted as long as they have enough cash in the till to break a $100. Like the UK and Australia, we have coins for the smaller denominations. We have a coin for the $1 (we call the loonie where there is a loon on one side) and a coin for the $2 (what we call a toonie, the nick name for $2, even though there is a polar bear on one side. The exchange rare for Canadian dollars is pretty much on par with the Australian dollars.

The loonie is a beautiful coin.
What's funny is that here in the U.S. we have 1/2-dollar coins and at least three different $1 coins, but nobody uses them.  I like the idea of a $1 coin, but they just don't seem to catch on here in the U.S.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down