The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA

Go down

THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA Empty THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Ok..so this poll is from 2013 but I guess its pretty much the same now...after looking at polls from various years all the way back to the 80s I didnt see much if any change... here is the whole article..
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/13/where-are-the-most-religious-states-in-america-in-2013/

here are the stats...

The Top Ten Most Religious States (Based on % of Very Religious)
1. Mississippi–58%
2. Utah–56%
3. Alabama–56%
4. Louisiana–53%
5. Arkansas 52%
6. South Carolina–52%
7. Tennessee- 50%
8. North Carolina–50%
9. Georgia–48%
10. Oklahoma–48%

Top Twelve Least Religious States (Based on % of Very Religious)
1. Vermont–19%
2. New Hampshire– 23%
3. Maine–24%
4. Massachusetts–27%
5. Rhode Island–29%
6. Oregon–29%
7. District of Columbia–30%
8. Nevada–31%
9. Hawaii–31%
10. Alaska–31%
11. Connecticut–31%
12. Washington–31%

Back to top Go down

THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA Empty Re: THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:09 pm

doesnt surprise me CT is on the list for least....

Back to top Go down

THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA Empty Re: THE MOST AND LEAST RELIGIOUS STATES IN AMERICA

Post by messiaen77 Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Nor does it surprise me that 8 out of the top 10 are in the South.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:29 pm

the south is called the bible belt afterall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Most are in the south, except for my state of Utah. tongue

Yup, I can attest to it being very religious where I live. Most of the restaurants and stores are closed on Sunday. Also, the streets are empty on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:56 pm

here is another article showing how Americas religious landscape is changing...the number of religious folks is dropping while the number of atheist and agnostic is growing...

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:here is another article showing how Americas religious landscape is changing...the number of religious folks is dropping while the number of atheist and agnostic is growing...

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

That's very interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 am

Yes, I think there are a number of factors at work in that study.  One, I think more people are becoming disillusioned with Christianity and are turning somewhere else.  I think more immigrants from the Middle East is giving us a rise in the Jewish and Muslim populations.  I think a lot of the old folks who were very much tied to that 1950s "God and country" religious view have died off causing a decrease in the population that identifies as Christian.  And, along those lines, the pressure to be culturally Christian has decreased and people feel more free to say that they don't believe or aren't sure.

I have my own commentary, but I'm not feeling a fight today, so I'll leave it alone for now.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:18 pm

messiaen77 wrote:Yes, I think there are a number of factors at work in that study.  One, I think more people are becoming disillusioned with Christianity and are turning somewhere else.  I think more immigrants from the Middle East is giving us a rise in the Jewish and Muslim populations.  I think a lot of the old folks who were very much tied to that 1950s "God and country" religious view have died off causing a decrease in the population that identifies as Christian.  And, along those lines, the pressure to be culturally Christian has decreased and people feel more free to say that they don't believe or aren't sure.

I have my own commentary, but I'm not feeling a fight today, so I'll leave it alone for now.

I like your posts dude. Just ignore those who want to fight. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this if you don't mind. Thumbs up

I agree with what you are saying ... these factors indeed at are play in our nation right now. Sometimes I don't think it is such a good thing. But ... we'll see. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down