The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone watching Fuller House?

+5
MegaNorm64
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
MikeInFla
TheOldMan2084
9 posters

Go down

Anyone watching Fuller House? Empty Anyone watching Fuller House?

Post by TheOldMan2084 Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 am

I thought this was going to be the dumbest thing ever when it was originally announced. Now having watched almost half the season, I can say I honestly enjoy it. Is it kind of stupid and cheesy? Yes. But so was Full House. I also confess that my crush on Stephanie Tanner has been reignited. 

Anyone else not consumed with hate for Fuller House?
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Anyone watching Fuller House? Empty Re: Anyone watching Fuller House?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 am

I loved Full House when it was on, I was a big fan of Dave Couiler from his short lived Nickelodeon show Out of Control. So thats what got me into the original. When I heard a new one was in the works I was excited to check it out Ive seen half the season and It is cheesy and slightly stupid but I enjoy it. Have you noticed that they just rehashed the dynamic?   DJ is the new Danny,  Stephanie the new Jessie and Kimmy the new Joey.  I love the chemistry on the show, which is evident by the fact they are all friends outside the show.

Im glad there will be a 2nd season

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:42 am

TheOldMan2084 wrote:I thought this was going to be the dumbest thing ever when it was originally announced. Now having watched almost half the season, I can say I honestly enjoy it. Is it kind of stupid and cheesy? Yes. But so was Full House. I also confess that my crush on Stephanie Tanner has been reignited. 

Anyone else not consumed with hate for Fuller House?

I admit I watched the first episode of the new one and it wasn't as bad as I expected. As for the original, I honestly don't remember much about it, I guess I was too cool to watch it or Family Matters during their original runs but I think I could easily sit thru a marathon of both if given the opportunity. Really the only thing I remember about the original is this:

Anyone watching Fuller House? Latest?cb=20120910064217
 I think that is the only episode I ever sat thru all the way but I saw bits and pieces of many of the other episodes. 

And was Steve ever on the show? I sure don't remember this:

Anyone watching Fuller House? Latest?cb=20091208201848

So I did watch the "pilot" and will probably watch more. As for Stephanie? Holy Moly did she ever grow up! I am just glad she has recovered from her addictions. It was also announced this week that she will be on Dancing With The Stars.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:51 am

Did you know Family Matters was a spin off of Perfect Strangers? I LOVE Perfect Strangers

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Aaron C wrote:Did you know Family Matters was a spin off of Perfect Strangers? I LOVE Perfect Strangers
No, I didn't. I never really watched TGIF, I missed a lot of that. I was at the age where Friday Nights were movie or football game nights. Was never home on a Friday so I missed these shows. I'll have to go back and watch them, I remember my younger nieces and nephews loved Family Matters and Full House. And I think Full House comes on either TV Land or Nick but it is something my wife would not want to watch so I normally pick something for both of us.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Perfect Strangers was centered around a aspiring reporter who moves to Chicago from Wisconsin only to meet his cousin (like 16 times removed) who was from the greek island of Mepos (doesnt exist) very slapstick comedy type, They ended up working for the newspaper, and thats where Harriet Winslow comes in she was a co-worker and then Family Matters is centered around Harriet and her family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Aaron C wrote:Perfect Strangers was centered around a aspiring reporter who moves to Chicago from Wisconsin only to meet his cousin (like 16 times removed) who was from the greek island of Mepos (doesnt exist) very slapstick comedy type, They ended up working for the newspaper, and thats where Harriet Winslow comes in she was a co-worker and then Family Matters is centered around Harriet and her family.

Those are both good shows.

I've not seen Fuller House yet. But I grew up watching Full House. I always enjoyed it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:52 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
Aaron C wrote:Perfect Strangers was centered around a aspiring reporter who moves to Chicago from Wisconsin only to meet his cousin (like 16 times removed) who was from the greek island of Mepos (doesnt exist) very slapstick comedy type, They ended up working for the newspaper, and thats where Harriet Winslow comes in she was a co-worker and then Family Matters is centered around Harriet and her family.

Those are both good shows.

I've not seen Fuller House yet. But I grew up watching Full House. I always enjoyed it!
If you liked Full House then you will enjoy this one. But beware -- Stephanie Tanner has grown in more ways than one!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:57 pm

lol!  lol!  I'll check that out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Yeah if you liked the original you should like the new one.

And it does have guest appearances of Bob Saget, John Stamos, Dave Couiler, Lori Laughlin (who i used to have a crush on in my teenage years)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Aaron C wrote:Yeah if you liked the original you should like the new one.

And it does have guest appearances of Bob Saget, John Stamos, Dave Couiler, Lori Laughlin (who i used to have a crush on in my teenage years)

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:58 pm

I thought the original show was pretty decent, but almost a little too "cutesy" for me.  I did watch the first two episodes of "Fuller House" and got a huge kick out of the scene where the entire family makes a light-hearted dig at the Olsen twins...then completely breaks the 4th wall by all looking directly into the camera.
Not sure if I will watch anymore as it still seems a little to "sugary" for my tastes...but maybe I will as it seems difficult to find a show that my wife and I can both tolerate together.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:I thought the original show was pretty decent, but almost a little too "cutesy" for me.  I did watch the first two episodes of "Fuller House" and got a huge kick out of the scene where the entire family makes a light-hearted dig at the Olsen twins...then completely breaks the 4th wall by all looking directly into the camera.
Not sure if I will watch anymore as it still seems a little to "sugary" for my tastes...but maybe I will as it seems difficult to find a show that my wife and I can both tolerate together.

Yeah, I liked that too -- nice evil stare/glare. They did recycle a LOT of the old material in the first episode and I wonder if they will continue to do that as the series goes on. Before we know it we will have season 2.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 am

I'm really glad they're making a season two. I will say I think the show works better when the three leads get to do their thing instead of bringing in one of the old cast for shenanigans. Lori's character comes off pretty annoying in particular. I like the meta-forth-wall-breaking jokes. Normally it would be kind of off-putting to be that self-referential. It works here because I think the cast is having fun and not taking the show super serious, which the original wasn't in the first place.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Part of the charm of the original series was its innocence. This new show has women kissing each other and sex dripping off it. No thanks.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:17 am

Spoiler:

The running gag about the family hugs always cracks me up. In one of the episodes, Jesse even says that every time they hug, he swears he hears violin music in the background. Also did you guys noticed how Jesse and Becky got better looking with age? They look great!

The jokes on Mary Kate and Ashley are hilarious too. "With these prices, no wonder they don't have to act anymore!" LOL!!
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:57 am

I liked the crack about changing Michelle's diapers so many times that it felt like there were two of them.  Razz
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:13 am

I like that it's at least still comedic in tone, unlike Girl Meets World (which i do like, but gets REALLY heavy with its drama).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

speaking of netflix series....anyone plan on checking out the Voltron Reboot?

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:10 pm

Probably not, i loved the original Voltron as a kid, but tried watching it as an adult and couldnt get into it (though i did prefer the He-Man and Ninja Turtles reboots to the original series, so you never know). Im surprised Saget came on board for this reunion, he was close friends with the cast members, but according to various interviews, he hated the show (aside from how seriously it treated drunk driving) and said in his stand-up act that his favorite episode was "the last one they made".

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 am

My wife and daughter are watching Fuller House. They like it. I've seen enough of it to say it seems ok. But I never really got into the old show. My impressions so far..

Cons: I don't care for how much they are recycling old material and giving jokes about the actors with the stare at the camera thing.

Pros: I do like that it hearkens back to the TGIF style family entertainment. What I've seen of it seems fairly clean, and I'm ok that my 4 year old daughter likes to watch it. It's a lot cleaner than the sitcoms that are currently on the networks.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:08 am

I started watching it. Not bad. I was never a fan of it back in the day, but my daughter thought it was great. So far I've only watched the first episode. I noticed that Lanny Cordola was in it. He does a lot of work with John Stamos and I think he was on the show back in the day. The only thing that bothered was how much cleavage Stephanie was showing. I guess they need to keep the male viewers.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:42 pm

This new show has women kissing each other and sex dripping off it.

Cool  wow, really...I need to check this show out Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

Cool  wow, really...I need to check this show out Twisted Evil
Rolling Eyes
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

Anyone watching Fuller House? Icon_cool  wow, really...I need to check this show out Anyone watching Fuller House? Icon_twisted
Anyone watching Fuller House? Icon_rolleyes
hey, what can I say..its my thing Circle Dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down