The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth

+5
strangerhoncho
Samson
FreeRangeBeliever
alldatndensum
TheOldMan2084
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth Empty XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth

Post by TheOldMan2084 Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 am

I haven't seen a topic about this yet so I don't know if anyone knows...

XL and DBD have just released a new album - a double album at that called Offensive Truth.

I don't have it yet, but the samples I've heard are pretty good. I plan on picking up the album as soon as physical CDs are available. 

I always though XL and DBD were ahead of their time and always liked Sodom and America. I still spin it with fairly regularly. The new stuff sounds like it picks up where the older stuff left off. 

Here's a link to the Amazon page - [url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZKRGGU?ie=UTF8&keywords=xl and dvd offensive truth&qid=1455025342&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_2&sr=8-2-fkmr0]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZKRGGU?ie=UTF8&keywords=xl%20and%20dvd%20offensive%20truth&qid=1455025342&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_2&sr=8-2-fkmr0[/url]
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth Empty Re: XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:48 am

I loved Sodom and America will definitely have to scope this one out

Back to top Go down

XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth Empty Re: XL and DBD new album - Offensive Truth

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:50 pm

I need to get a copy of "Sodom & America" again.  I haven't thought about that album in years.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 pm

I was able to find these newer albums plus "Sodom & America" on eMusic for around $5 each.  Awesome!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I was able to find these newer albums plus "Sodom & America" on eMusic for around $5 each.  Awesome!

No hard copies available? I like to actually 'own' the album when I buy it.

Last edited by RavenWolf on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Amazon has Sodom and America is expensive some sellers had it at 25 - 40 bucks from what i saw.

The new albums (vol 1 and 2) were 8.99 each on Amazon and i believe they were CDs but dont quote me on that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Aaron C wrote:Amazon has Sodom and America is expensive some sellers had it at 25 - 40 bucks from what i saw.

The new albums (vol 1 and 2) were 8.99 each on Amazon and i believe they were CDs but dont quote me on that

Oh ok cool! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

No Problem

I still got my copy of Sodom and America glad i held on to that.  Hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Who plays on this new material ? Any metal guys such as Jimmy Brown,Greg Minier from the old days?
Want to hear samples first...
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Samples are available if you follow the link to Amazon.

The releases at Amazon, however, are download only.  There is no option listen for CD as of yet.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I was able to find these newer albums plus "Sodom & America" on eMusic for around $5 each.  Awesome!

No hard copies available? I like to actually 'own' the album when I buy it.

If you're not picky about it being on cassette, Brent Miller has a copy for 2 bucks.

http://brentschristianrockmetal.com/
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 am

Thanks H.M.!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:59 am

Samples don't sound quite as interesting as Sodom & America (loved it!), but I downloaded from emusic just the same!  I want to support all these classic dudes still making music.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 am

Have never heard of them. Who are they and how long have the been around? Not really my thing but it isn't bad either. I am interested in learning more about them.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:32 am

Their first album came out in 1993, Mike.  Then, it was a LONG time before they came out with a follow up.  The original album had Jimmy P. Brown playing guitar and singing backup.  They were doing this long before the term nu-metal, which is somewhat where this would be thrown in with labeling, ever came to be.  I wouldn't call it nu-metal as it truly is metal.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 am

alldatndensum wrote:Their first album came out in 1993, Mike.  Then, it was a LONG time before they came out with a follow up.  The original album had Jimmy P. Brown playing guitar and singing backup.  They were doing this long before the term nu-metal, which is somewhat where this would be thrown in with labeling, ever came to be.  I wouldn't call it nu-metal as it truly is metal.

It kind of reminds me of Body County. Not really Nu-Metal but some rappers putting out a hard rock album. Again, I find it interesting even tho it really isn't my thing. Even for 5 bucks on Emusic I can see myself buying it, even if I only listened to it one time.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 am

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:Who plays on this new material ? Any metal guys such as Jimmy Brown,Greg Minier from the old days?
Want to hear samples first...
I doubt Jimmy is on but not sure, but I asked him

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Sodom & America had Mark Salomon doing vocals on a track or two also, which were awesome.  I haven't listened to the album in awhile but I remember really digging the production and the guitar tones.  It had a very unique style and some great riffs.

Looking forward to listening to the new one, with low expectations (the key to happiness!).

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:17 pm

If I remember right Jimmy produced Sodom and America? or maybe jsut the track he was in I dont remember its been so long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 pm

I always wanted to buy this album back in the day, but never did. I like what I've heard - I'd like to get a copy. Is their new stuff as good as their early stuff?

I like Rap Metal stuff sometimes. But it has to be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Musically, I think it is just as good.  The album mostly is a hard rock/metal project with just a hint of funk thrown in for fun.  There are no speed metal.thrash elements this time with the two new albums.  Lyrically, there are a lot less JPMs, but XL still comes off very heavy handed with the messages he is bringing. 

Overall, I like it!  Thanks for letting me know about these new releases!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 am

Offensive Truth Volume 1:
In need of therapy- All XL
Devastated- Jimmy Brown on guitar solo, Doug Shumway on bass, XL played all other instruments.
Best Friend, Worst Enemy- Oz Fox on guitar solos, XL played all other instruments.
Because of this- Jesse Sprinkle on drums, XL played all other instruments
Rapist- Greg Minier on solos, XL played all other instruments
The Stereo- All XL
Be a real man- Anthony Stevens on drums, XL played all other instruments
The Wilderness- Jimmy Brown on guitar solo, XL played all other instruments.
The wrath to come- Joel Goodwin on drums, Doug Shumway on bass, XL played all other instruments
Yeah I know right- All XL

Offensive Truth Vol 2
Going after Money- All XL    
Failure- All XL
Methamphetamine- Rex Carroll on guitar solos, XL played all other instruments
Daddy's too friendly- Jimmy Brown on guitar solo, XL played all other instruments
Corporate Elite- Jimmy Brown on guitar solo, XL played all other instruments
Dead By 45- All XL
My Hour of Desperation- Jim Chaffin on drums, XL played all other instruments
Armed for Battle- Anthony Stevens played drums, XL played all other instruments
The Wretched- All XL
Quit Drinking- All XL
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:15 am

With that line up I wonder how this flew under the radar until now. Both eMusic and Amazon list a 2016 release date though.

For some classic goodness here's a clip from the Cornerstone 93 show.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:21 am

Looks like there is a Facebook page too.

https://www.facebook.com/XLDBD-195803943788241

There is a post there directed towards donors
XL and DBD DONORS
This list of Awesome individuals made the release of Offensive Truth Volumes 1& 2 possible today!!! I can't thank you enough!!!
You will receive either a set of Download cards, or Cd's (whatever is your preference). CD's will be a bit longer of a wait than download cards. I should receive the cards in just a few days and will begin to mail them or send the code #'s to you (whatever is your preference). You will be mentioned in my CD credits and my website, which is under construction for a few more days. In my future itinerary, which will be on our website. If you see that I am gigging by you, You get in free!! If you donated and your name is not here please inbox me and tell me!! I tried to keep accurate documentation of that, but I could have missed somebody. Godspeed to you all!!
Sooo... CD's are coming soon (?)
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:57 am

According to XL himself, if all goes well, CDs should be available by the end of this week. I'm holding out for CDs.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next