The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Kind of TV Do You Have?

+4
Staybrite
MikeInFla
KaramKaram
ThomasEversole
8 posters

Go down

What Kind of TV Do You Have? Empty What Kind of TV Do You Have?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Just curious. I went TV shopping this morning and ended up getting a new Sony 4K smart TV. I'm pretty impressed with it! Technology sure has gone a long ways in regards to TV.

What kind of TV do you have? Anyone still sport a tube TV?

Before this TV I had an LG LED LCD 3-D TV. It only lasted 3 years though, so I certainly didn't want to buy LG again. I think Sony is one of the best brands and I'm hoping this TV lasts me a while.

This is a pic of my new TV. It's a 55". I almost went with a 60", but that's too big for my living room distance between couch and TV. Just too big.

Let's talk about TVs.

What Kind of TV Do You Have? 28fd282300e0ca0f6a79978dc00e3b2b?fmt=jpeg&wid=580&qlt=85

Back to top Go down

What Kind of TV Do You Have? Empty Re: What Kind of TV Do You Have?

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:27 pm

I've got a 40something" Samsung flatscreen in the livingroom and a little bit smaller Vizio Smart TV in my bedroom.  Both 1080p.

So far, I've had a BAD experience with smart TVs.  My Vizio kept randomly shutting off or closing apps while I was watching it.  Sometimes it would be fine for hours, other times, only for a few minutes.  

I did all the home remedies and they sent a repair man out to fix it who swapped a part out.  When he was fixing it, I asked him how often this sort of thing happens with Vizio TVs, and he said it happens all the time to all brands of smart TVs.  

He went on about how none of the "new" TVs have "new" parts in them.  Its just recycled crap from old TVs and all repair people can do is just try different (old) parts.  Haven't had any issues with it since he did whatever he did to it.

My parents have a 70" 1080p and dad wants an 80" 4K. Mom said I could have the old TV when dad gets a new one and the entertainment center. While I'd never go out and buy a 70" even though I've got the cash, I'd be an idiot not to take a perfectly good free one.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 pm

I have a Seiki 1080p 40" my wife has a Samsung 720p 32"
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:51 am

Out first LCD tv was a Samsung 720 40 inch TV. Very, very good TV. We still have it but it is in my daughter's room. It is a fantastic TV and has a wonderful picture. We moved it into her room when we bought a Vizio E-Series 55 inch LED Smart TV for the living room either last year or the year before (might be 2 years ago now). The Vizio is a nice TV, we have had no issues with it at all. We watch a lot of Netflix on it and occasional YouTube stuff. Really don't use any of the other apps on it. It has a pretty good picture. Not quite as crisp as the Samsung but good enough. I also like how all of their tech support is in the US and everyone speaks perfect English. 

What Kind of TV Do You Have? Z
Customer service easy to find with a press of a button on the remote. You push the button and it gives you the phone number and even has a user manual that you can browse thru on screen. 

Every time we go to Sam's they get bigger and bigger... Now there is a Vizio 85 inch Ultra 4K (whatever that is) as you walk in the door. It's awesome. But I am hoping what I have lasts a while. The Samsung 40 incher in my daughter's room was bought about 8 years ago and it is still going strong.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Ultra HD 4K is the latest rage! That's what I got. It's a very VERY high definition screen! Up until now I had only had 1080p. This is about double the clarity of that! It's about 2400p or so! I didn't think it would make that much difference, but it DOES! Huge difference! You feel like you are THERE! No need for 3-D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Doesn't anyone else here have a TV?

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:33 pm

We have a Samsung 55" 4K Ultra (smart tv).  The only reason I even know what it is, is because we just bought it 2 months ago.  Before that we hadn't purchased a new television in about 12 years.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:40 pm

I was thinking the last "tube" TV we owned was a JVC "J-Art" flatscreen TV. It was all the rage. Not because it was an HDTV but because it was a "flat screen". Didn't have the curved glass like an old TV.

What Kind of TV Do You Have? TVs_JVC_l'Art_AV-32FA44
It was a pretty nice standard def TV. I think I also bought that one at Sam's for around $500. Had a pretty good picture, I think maybe a 32 inch screen. But it was HEAVY!

Which is the point of my message.... TV's used to weight 5000 pounds. Try getting this JVC junk out of the house by yourself. It was next to impossible, I had to put it on towels and pull it thru the house. About broke my back putting it on the bed of my truck to take to Goodwill. HDTV's now are incredibly light -- but sometimes so big they are awkward to hold. 

I'm just glad the heavy beasts are a thing of the past.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 pm

We have a 48 inch toshiba flatscreen in the living room...it is not a smart tv but it is stereo and has tons of jacks including 3 hdmi jacks and a place for a flash drive plus a jack for a soundbar...we run it through our bose stereo. we have a smart blue ray player and an xbox 1 as well running through the tv.. In the bedroom we have a new 24 inch samsung..its really nice and we have apple tv hooked up to it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Mike, yeah I remember how heavy those things were! Hehehe! I'm glad that they are a thing of the past!

The only thing is ... that tube technology was mastered so it would last a long time! These new TVs are still up and coming and the average life-span on one is between 5-7 years. Heck, my Grandma's tube TV lasted for decades!

I guess they'll probably get all the wrinkles ironed out - and these new TVs will end up lasting a long time too.

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:47 pm

I have a Samsung 42" with Shutter 3D. It's not a Smart-TV but I'm all against being spied on so I like my oldschool LCD. It has an increadibly good panel. It is hooked to a 5.1 audio system with big Hi-Fi speakers. It has mighty badaboom. I'm more of a sound freak than a huge-screen freak.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:08 pm

I don't have one and honestly? I probably won't buy one again. Or,if I do, it won't be the centerpiece of entertainment. Outside of DBZ on Hulu, I just don't watch anything really anymore. If I'm not doing homework or surfing the Web, I'm likely just reading the Bible.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:23 am

Well, watching TV really is a waste of time. If I wasn't for an occasional  BluRay I would not have a TV at all. It's off most of the week. There simply are better things to do.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:17 am

Don't have one. Haven't had one since I got married 4 and a half years ago.

Some people here have nice screens though, the Sony 4K one (if it's the 9 series, which is what it looks like) is great, and Samsungs are pretty good. Part of my job is selling TVs, so get experience with most of the major brands (Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG)

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:05 am

Man, you guys that don't have one are missing some great shows like Longmire (hint-hint, those of you with Netflix need to watch Longmire, what a great cop show! -- It's like Law & Order SVU in Wyoming with modern day cowboys and indians!)
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:59 am

I have a Vizio LED 46" flatscreen that I have had for around 7 years.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Mine mostly just gathers dust, but probably once every month or two I'll watch a flick on it haha.  It's a 42" Panasonic plasma 1080p.  When I do use it, I have been very happy with it!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 pm

That is what I mostly use mine for, Kerrick:  watching movies.  I rarely watch tv.  When I do, I binge watch a series.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 pm

I have the kind that lets me watch tv programs and movies :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Aaron C wrote:I have the kind that lets me watch tv programs and movies :p

face palm 

Coffee

jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down