The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines (25th Anniversary)

+12
lhversaw
MadMap
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
bjorn agin
eatbugs
TheOldMan2084
MikeInFla
uncleBob
My Awesome Timothy
Staybrite
Bill Roxx
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines (25th Anniversary) - Page 2 Empty Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines (25th Anniversary)

Post by MadMap Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Pre-ordered the CD a while back. Thanks, Bill, for putting these together! It's great to hear old favorites with fresh life. I've been listening to the original BEL and look forward to hearing the whole album redone.

And here's hoping for that s/t Angelica remaster before too long... Very Happy
MadMap
MadMap
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines (25th Anniversary) - Page 2 Empty Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines (25th Anniversary)

Post by lhversaw Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 pm

When Bill runs out of the Orange Vinyl I was able to get a few copies of it from him for my store as well.  I also have some of the cd's.  That is once they ship Smile  http://sanctusgladius.storenvy.com
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Yes in the US Sanctus Gladius is the only place to get Orange vinyl! Also Underground Power in Germany has a few copies for those of you in Europe it may be easier, they also will have a few copies of the ne Ultimatum vinyl over there. Thanks Larry!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Couple of questions Smile

Is the CD the same remaster, since it says remastered for vinyl?

Will it be available as a lossless digital purchase?
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:35 pm

The remaster for vinyl was done separately and remastered especially for vinyl by George Ochoa. 

Then the CD was completely remastered again by George and includes 2 of the original demo tracks that George had the tapes baked and restored and they sound as inferior as the original album tracks! Absolutely Awesome! As well the 2 tracks from Cal Metal 2 were restored and remastered. The flow of all the tracks sound flawless and you cant tell a difference between tracks. This one is going to amaze people.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:43 am

Wow, these are almost SOLD OUT already!!!  Glad I didn't delay purchasing my copy now!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:29 am

All pre orders for Recon and Ultimatum are officially shipped as of tonight! Thank you for a very successful pre order and launch! Enjoy the new releases!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:42 am

Really enjoying this Recon release, so glad it's finally happened.  This album is a gem in Christian Metal IMO!!!  Very Happy  Thanks Bill for continually reworking these classics.  Thumbs up
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:48 am

Is the sound quality better than the original Intense Records version released in 1990? On the reissue, are there lyrics and additional/different Cd jacket layout? How many pages are there on the reissue?

On the original 1990 version I find the drums are not as loud as they should be in some places. I listened to Part 1 of Frontline rewind and George Ochoa mentioned it was recorded in 1989 in mixing lab B due to budget restraints, which was not as good ad mixing lab A. I would love to see a lyric or band video of "Take Us Away" and "Light the Fire". These are 2 of my favorite Recon songs.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMap Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:39 am

Got my CD Monday. The remaster sounds amazing! I'm not technically proficient enough to answer your question about the drums, but there is definitely a depth to the sound that wasn't on the 1990 release. Certainly worth the price of admission!
MadMap
MadMap
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Got my copy late Monday and I have to say it looks and sounds fantastic.  Thanks for another great reissue Bill.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 pm

I have to be the naysayer here.  The remaster destroyed the rhythm guitar.  All I hear is bass and bass drum.  While there is more power overall, some music isn't meant to be mastered at today's levels because there is more dynamic range involved.  This is one of those albums.

If this sells out, my copy will be available.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Well I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one Chris. Got dozens of kudos on the mastering already, especially the vinyl. The remastering on this one is personlally outstanding and those demo tracks were baked and restored and remastered to sound equal to the album. We've done a lot of projects and George did one of the most outstanding jobs on this one. It looks and sounds amazing and they are going fast, wish we did a higher quantity on these! Have a happy Easter everyone!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:17 am

if you missed it, they are releasing it again. This time as a Gold Edition and a camo vinyl. The camo looks pretty cool but I am happy with my orange copy.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 am

My vinyl arrived yesterday. It roxks! \m/
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:58 pm

how's the cover art on this pressing?
the last one was way over saturated in the orange department

probably saying that wrong but you know what I mean?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 pm

It looks good! Love the camo green splatter too!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2