The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced

+5
force perspective
Trouble72
MikeInFla
My Awesome Timothy
Bill Roxx
9 posters

Go down

Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced Empty Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced

Post by Bill Roxx Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:06 am

1990 was a seminal year for Christian Metal and some of those artists and albums that helped shape the Jesus Metal movement. Two of the most notable and relevant bands from that era who were at the Christian metal forefront of the music scene are both celebrating 25th anniversaries of their debut releases in 2015. Roxx Records is very excited to announce this year we will be celebrating these anniversaries with several very special Limited Edition remastered releases, on both vinyl and CD formats. Join us as we revisit and explore these two artists and their groundbreaking releases.

First we celebrate Australian metal legends Mortification with their debut album ‘Break the Curse’, which was actually the band’s very first demo originally recorded under the Lightforce banner, and it would take the death metal world by storm! This would be the world’s first introduction of the band that would go on to pave the way for Christian Death Metal bands to come! 

Break the Curse was the initial release that would start it all, this release has long been out of print and it has NEVER been printed or released on vinyl!  In 2010 Roxx Records released a very special Limited Edition 20th anniversary 2 Disc Gold Edition CD/DVD of ‘Break the Curse’ which is now out of print. Now Roxx Records has a very special release planned to celebrate the 25th Silver Anniversary of ‘Break The Curse’ with a one-time pressing of 300 VINYL copies of ‘Break The Curse’ on both  a colored and black vinyl edition. 

Up next we have the smashing US power/speed metal debut from Deliverance axe master George Ochoa with his explosive band Recon and their groundbreaking debut album ‘Behind Enemy Lines’. Released shortly after their debut tracks raised the bar for metal with the very well received tracks ‘Light The Fire’ & ‘Dreams’ which were released on the California Metal 2 compilation released in 1988.

The album was originally released on CD and cassette tape, both of which are extremely rare and hard to find today with a one-time CD reissue from M8 records which is equally as rare these days. In addition a very small limited amount of vinyl was originally released in Europe only, which is next to impossible to find or locate at all today, until now.

Roxx Records is releasing a one-time Limited Edition vinyl reissue of this classic  metal album featuring all the original tracks completely remastered for vinyl on both colored and black vinyl. As well, the band is working on some very special brand new tunes to mark this 25th anniversary with a very special line up for a very special CD pressing of ‘Behind Enemy Limes’ completely remastered and expanded!

2015 is set to be an excellent year for Christian metal fans and we are just getting started and have much more in store for you as this year goes on so stay tuned! 

Visit www.roxxproductions.com and sign up on our email list to get all of the pre order details and hear the actual release dates first and as soon as they become available.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced Empty Re: Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:04 am

Awesome, can't wait for the preorders!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced Empty Re: Mortification and Recon 25th Anniversary reissues announced

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 am

MikeInFla wrote:Awesome, can't wait for the preorders!

+1
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Would be nice for vinyl pre-orders to get a bonus CD like with the Deliverance and Ultimatum vinyl pre-orders (hint-hint!)
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:44 pm

We ll we might just have to make that happen Mike Smile 

We will be doing that for every pre order placed like on the Deliverance and Ultimatum vinyls. But only for pre orders. Still working on this though.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:19 am

Bill Roxx wrote:We ll we might just have to make that happen Mike Smile 

We will be doing that for every pre order placed like on the Deliverance and Ultimatum vinyls. But only for pre orders. Still working on this though.

Awesome news, will be ordering as soon as I see the preorder button!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:53 pm

I will definetely be getting the Recon rerelease. Behind Enemy Lines is a great album, but it REALLY NEEDED to be remastered. With a proper work, I am pretty sure that this album can be improved a lot.

Also, as this album is going to be expanded, it is a must have for any Recon fan. Sadly, I still haven't got Light the Fire song. I never understood why it wasn't released on Behind Enemy Lines. I hope it is going to bew included on this version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:58 pm

On the CD we will be putting the main tracks also the two from Cal Metal 2 (Dreams, Light The Fire) and 2 or 3 brand new tracks that George is still trying to work out at the moment Thiago. It will all be remastered and sound great and boast new cover art work! 

The vinyl will be remastered and feature the main tracks on the original release only and remastered differently for the vinyl version. The cover will be the original cover completely restored.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Trouble72 Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 am

Great choice of albums for a vinyl re-release. Especially break the curse.
Trouble72
Trouble72
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Trouble72 Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 am

Actually the Mortification record would be good on white vinyl to match the two nuclear blast releases.
Trouble72
Trouble72
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Bill Roxx wrote:On the CD we will be putting the main tracks also the two from Cal Metal 2 (Dreams, Light The Fire) and 2 or 3 brand new tracks that George is still trying to work out at the moment Thiago. It will all be remastered and sound great and boast new cover art work! 

The vinyl will be remastered and feature the main tracks on the original release only and remastered differently for the vinyl version. The cover will be the original cover completely restored.

Great! It will be awesome to hear new material from them. I new artcover is also needed for this rerelease.

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am

Bill, please tell me that Cliffy is remastering on this one. I didn't like the guy who remastered Deliverance "stay" reissue. Sadly I prefer the original mix.

A Cliffy remastering for the Recon reissue please.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:29 am

Nice to see a Recon re-issue, but Break The Curse has been re-released so many times already. I guess for the vinyl enthusiasts it will be a nice collector's item.
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:31 am

So what's the latest, it has been pretty quiet over the past month. I am ready for the Recon preorders!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Both are coming along well! Mortification vinyl project is going to be at the pressing plant in less then two weeks! 

Recon will probably be another month or two! Recon are recording two new songs for this project right now and we are gathering a lot of flyers and memorabilia to make a nice booklet for the CD version! 

Everyone will love these! Problem is vinyl pressing vendors are all in HIGH demand! Once the Mortification vinyl gets to the pressing plant it will be almost 4 months for them to produce it! So it will be  summer time!

We are going to hold off on pre orders until we get about a month from having them in hand! 

Still plugging away!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Bill Roxx wrote:Both are coming along well! Mortification vinyl project is going to be at the pressing plant in less then two weeks! 

Recon will probably be another month or two! Recon are recording two new songs for this project right now and we are gathering a lot of flyers and memorabilia to make a nice booklet for the CD version! 

Everyone will love these! Problem is vinyl pressing vendors are all in HIGH demand! Once the Mortification vinyl gets to the pressing plant it will be almost 4 months for them to produce it! So it will be  summer time!

We are going to hold off on pre orders until we get about a month from having them in hand! 

Still plugging away!

Good thanks for the update. I check the Roxx and CMD sites a couple of times a week for a preorder link so I'll keep checking.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks for the update, looking forward to that Recon reissue.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm all over the Recon reissue. Have the original, but want the new tracks and expanded booklet stuff.
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 am

Just curious Bill, but who presses the vinyl? I am glad there are people who still do it but I find it hard to believe there is enough demand to keep a job doing it (and vinyl is about all I buy any more). I'm just fascinated with the whole process. Incredibly interesting video but if you don't want to watch the whole thing FF to 7:45 or so. The labels on a record are not stickers but just pieces of paper that are fused to the vinyl.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kethdredd Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 am

The issue isn't demand.  THe pressing plants are all in operation 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  THe issue is the pressing machines are old and break down alot, and no one is willing to take the risk on building new machines.  This article explains it pretty well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/pressing-plants-feel-the-strain-with-vinyl-records-back-in-the-groove/2014/09/25/41f6b22a-386d-11e4-8601-97ba88884ffd_story.html

kethdredd
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:41 pm

Interesting, will read the story now. But before I read it I seem to think demand is high. At least higher than it has been in 20 years.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:12 pm

From what I got from the article is that there is one place that has refurbished parts that are designed to run 8 to 10 hours a day. However, due to high demand these plants run 24 hours a day instead of 8 to 10. And all the parts are refurbs. I wish I would have known that one was in Cleveland when I was there last month it would have been fun to visit.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Here are some of the companies that still produce/manufacture vinyl. Bill, which one do you use? I find all of this very fasinating.

http://www.urpressing.com/

http://gottagrooverecords.com/

http://www.recordproducts.com/

Oh, and I would glady pay a dollar more for a poly-lined inner sleeve instead of a cheap paper sleeve!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:35 pm

All cool stuff, thanks for sharing guys! First and foremost I have always done all my pressings, whether CD or vinyl in the state of California. Primarily because I am cheap and can save money by physically picking up all of my orders and saving shipping costs on this stuff which usually results in a couple hundred dollars in savings, and that helps! I use Reel Picture, Rainbo Records and Erika Records primarily.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down