The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band

+21
Contrarian Deist
Constantine
Through The Dark Radio
L8T
Superjuice
cailen
Temple of Blood
messiaen77
Ragnor
Ugly
Machine Fish
eatbugs
Kerrick
11razorwire
My Awesome Timothy
sadvader
Throne of thorns
strangerhoncho
ludey7
Grindboy
Hardcore Christian
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pick your fave

Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap10%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap25%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 12 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap21%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 10 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap6%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap4%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap2%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap2%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap4%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_lcap21%Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 48

Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band Empty Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 pm

This poll obviously counts out the big guns, yes all Christian bands are usually underrated but compared to Mortification, Deliverance, Tourniquet, Living Sacrifice, Vengeance, and Believer, who are all bands who come straight to mind when we hear 'thrash'.

Pick your fave out of these "underrated bands" Cool

(SORRY If I left your fave band off)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band Empty Re: Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band

Post by Grindboy Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:25 pm

I went Seveth Angel.  Maybe The Crucified was my fav of those listed, but I don't really think they were underrated, and te s/t was borderline thrash (and I liked it better than Pillars).  I didn't like Detritus at all.  I know that's not a popular opinion.  I think that Ultimatum became excellent, but hit their peak after the turn of the century.  Sacrament was strong and would have been a good choice.  The others I either never really heard or just didn't care for.

Now the early thrashy Plauged-era Crimson Thorn was probably as good as any listed, IMO!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band Empty Re: Favorite (Under rated) 90s Thrash Band

Post by ludey7 Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 pm

I chose the crucified but to be honest they are not underrated. In my opinion they are on the same league as VR, believer, & deliverance.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:36 pm

I don't think The Crucified was underrated.  They were as big if not bigger than VR, Believer, and Deliverance at the time, at least among all my friends back then. 
I voted for them, but I think Detritus or Seventh Angel would be the other two contenders.

I wouldn't call Haven or Die Happy thrash.  Maybe in a few parts of a few songs.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:12 am

Idk what to choose, thrash is one of my fave genres so its difficult for me as I like/own all of these bands.

Its either between Detritus, Sacrament, or Echo Hollow.

Detritus's If But For One is one my fave thrash releases, and Sacrament's Haunts Of Violence is a gem.

I gotta go Echo Hollow just because of Guy Ritter only reason honestly
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:10 am

Seventh Angel are very underrated criminally so...
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Contrarian Deist and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:45 am

Sacrament for me, with Echo Hollow in a very close 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 am

I voted Die Happy. It's difficult though because only the first album is really good. The rest is forgetable at best. The first one blew me away. But there are many thrash gems out there.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Who are Echo Hollow?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Seventh Angel IMO.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 pm

I wouldn't call Haven or Die Happy thrash.

I agree..Haven is early power metal with a definite 80s sound to me and die happy is straight up metal..but then again megadeth has put out alot of non-thrash stuff to and they are still called thrash..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:10 pm

I went with Seventh Angel.  They're one of the only thrash metal bands I like (mainly due to Ian Arkley's participation).

That being said, their newer aggressive yet melodic doom/death is much more up my alley.  Rockin Loud

Tyrant
Tyrant

Contrarian Deist and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:15 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:Who are Echo Hollow?
Guy Ritter and Gary Lenaire from Tourniquet formed it after they split from Tourniquet

They had 2 releases, Diet of Worms in 1998 and Superficial Intelligence in 2004

Heres the title track off of Diet Of Worms (obviously)

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
I wouldn't call Haven or Die Happy thrash.

I agree..Haven is early power metal with a definite 80s sound to me and die happy is straight up metal..but then again megadeth has put out alot of non-thrash stuff to and they are still called thrash..
Exactly, I didnt want to get too genre Nazi, on each bands style
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:54 pm

I voted Detritus although all of them are excellent and almost all of them are "criminally" underrated (thanks for the term Throne of Thorns!).

I don't really know Haven and I agree that The Crucified aren't necessarily underrated.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
My Awesome Timothy wrote:Who are Echo Hollow?
Guy Ritter and Gary Lenaire from Tourniquet formed it after they split from Tourniquet

They had 2 releases, Diet of Worms in 1998 and Superficial Intelligence in 2004

Heres the title track off of Diet Of Worms (obviously)

Thanks, never really listened to their albums.  Do you have them HC?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:53 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:Thanks, never really listened to their albums.  Do you have them HC?
I own Diet Of Worms, its in ok condition the top latch on the cd case is busted off, I previewed Superficial Intelligence never really stood out to me, but I have thought about tracking it down before.

EH is one band that I wish would have a reunion for sure!!!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Not to hijack a thread but how is Superficial Intelligence?  I heard it wasn't very good so I never tracked it down.  I like Diet of Worms (says Eatbugs Twisted Evil ), especially the title track and Through the Veil.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Sacrament baby!!!

Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3  Metal 3

"Haunts of Violence" is a masterpiece of a Thrash Metal album!!! "Testimony of Apocalypse" is fantastic too!!!

I just wish this band would not have broken up so soon after the release of "Haunts of Violence". I remember hearing that they had broken up ... and being pretty bummed by this. Heheh.

"Haunts of Violence" is one of my favorite albums of all time! Christian OR Secular!!! It's up there with the best of Slayer or Metallica - that's how much I like it! And those who know me know how much I love Slayer and Metallica.

1. Sacrament
2. The Crucified (another band I love everything they've ever done!)
3. Seventh Angel (terribly underrated)
4. Detritus
5. Ultimatum
6. Haven

I'm not familiar with the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:32 pm

RavenWolf wrote:"Haunts of Violence" is a masterpiece of a Thrash Metal album!!!
Agreed Cool
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:"Haunts of Violence" is a masterpiece of a Thrash Metal album!!!
Agreed Cool

That's cause you're awesome dude!!!

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:55 pm

The Crucified. As much as I love all the others...
The Crucified's Pillars of Humanity album is absolutely amazing, it blows me away every time I listen to it. Even moreso now because I feel like it actually hangs with a lot of secular bands in terms of intensity. It is just such a well put together album.

But all the others are awesome too, I just have to give it to The Crucified on this one.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugly Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:45 am

If we're doing Guy Ritter/Gary Lenaire bands forming forget Echo Hallow... Holy Danger is the way to go hahaha. Though i believe Gary left, eventually, and Dee Harrington (Saint) jumped in.

Far as the poll. 2 bands in the list are just not at all thrash. That's not genre nazism, they just fall into a distinctly different genre. Personally i don't think of Echo Hallow sounding thrashy either, but i seem to be in the minority there.

But by underrated is it meaning among Christians? Or outside the Christian scene? They were all pretty sizable in the Christian community. But i'm going to go with Sacrament. I remember hearing 'Testimony' for the first time and my jaw dropping. The guitar tones were almost scary and creepy in some parts.
When 'Haunts' came out i was disappointed at first. That wall of sound had disappeared for a thinner, more technical sound. Felt the vocals were weaker. But over time the album grew on me. I've just always found it hard to reconcile that those 2 albums are the same band haha. As much as i grew to enjoy 'Haunts' there is still a bit of sadness that nothing quite as beefy and scary as 'Testimony' was released by them again.
Ugly
Ugly
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnor Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:10 am

I personally love Crucified. I used to listen to them back in the day and just know started listening to them again! They are one of those bands that is so obviously thrash, gotta love that d-beat! 

I found an album Eternal Decision at a Goodwill a few years ago and started listening to them. They seemed kinda like a lesser (Christian) Metallica to me.

I haven't really listened to any of the other bands enough to call them my "favorites".
Ragnor
Ragnor
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:29 am

Of the bands listed, Sacrament would be the hands-down winner (I didn't really think of the Crucified as a thrash band), but I picked "Other" because my true winner would be Betrayal.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Contrarian Deist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next