The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal?

+3
metaldude
Kerrick
Endlessfuneral2003
7 posters

Go down

Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal? Empty Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal?

Post by Endlessfuneral2003 Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 pm

I like Soul Embraced era This is my Blood, Immortal Souls era Under the Northern Sky, Renascent...  cheers

any recent albums in this vein? Or maybe some older ones I've missed? Nothing core please.  bounce I prefer old-school sounding... blast beats and such.
Endlessfuneral2003
Endlessfuneral2003
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal? Empty Re: Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal?

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 am

I don't listen to much of that style but I really love The Autumn League's album Concept Of Irony.  I highly recommend!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal? Empty Re: Recommendations for Christian Melodic Death Metal?

Post by metaldude Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:05 pm

The first bands that come to mind are Hilastherion and In Vain.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser_19 Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:27 pm

I bet you have the rest of Immortal Souls discography, specially Wintereich. You can't miss their other stuff.

I would recommend you Excurses. Too bad they only have 1 Ep before they split, but it's essential!

And perhaps also Woe of Tyrants

Kaiser_19
Kaiser_19
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Awesome how The Hour Is At Hand sound quite close to Devin Townsend's Synchestra.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 pm

metaldude wrote:The first bands that come to mind are Hilastherion and In Vain.
+1
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:33 pm

In Vain often gets lumped in the "Christian" scene but are they?  Years ago I had their first album and don't remember any Christian lyrics.  Pretty good stuff for that style though.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:In Vain often gets lumped in the "Christian" scene but are they?  Years ago I had their first album and don't remember any Christian lyrics.  Pretty good stuff for that style though.

I don't know if they market themselves as such, but you'll find Christian themes in their lyrics. Of course, you won't be able to tell without a lyric sheet.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:04 pm

By Fire:

Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Syringe:

Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down