The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queensryche

+5
Staybrite
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
Superjuice
MikeInFla
9 posters

Go down

Queensryche Empty Queensryche

Post by MikeInFla Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 am

New QR song, been out a few weeks now

And Operation: Mindcrime

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Queensryche Empty Re: Queensryche

Post by Superjuice Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am

Latorre is embarrassing Tate.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:13 pm

When money allows, I plan to get that new QR. I've heard a few songs from it, and it is amazing. It's almost hard to fathom how this band stuck with Tate's foolishness this long. He has really held them back for going on 20 years. Just think of the music that could have been produced all along if they'd parted with Tate back in the 90s and kept recording metal with a new singer!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 pm

The 'ryche sound like they are hungry. Tate sounds like he's phoning it in. The way Todd's vocals are done are how I wish The Sacrificed would sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:When money allows, I plan to get that new QR. I've heard a few songs from it, and it is amazing. It's almost hard to fathom how this band stuck with Tate's foolishness this long. He has really held them back for going on 20 years. Just think of the music that could have been produced all along if they'd parted with Tate back in the 90s and kept recording metal with a new singer!

I kind of agree with you there. Certainly the albums past "Tribe" are pretty bad.

But Tate did perform some awesome songs with the band on those 90s albums and also "Tribe". But after "Tribe" they lost something. That's when Tate should have left IMO.

I saw them live on their "American Soldier" tour and when they started playing the new songs everybody sat down LOL! I'm not kidding! They were TERRIBLE!

But when they played their older stuff folks were into it. It was amazing how bad "American Soldier" was live. I never bought the album as a result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm really looking forward to this album.  Todd LaTorre has breathed some new life into the group (so very happy Tate is gone).

I made the mistake of pre-ordering this album from Amazon at the same time as the WASP album...so amazon has decided to wait and send them both together sometime at the end of next week.  Evil or Very Mad
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:45 pm

This is an incredible sound, thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:21 pm

It's nice to have Queensryche back!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by KingsRite Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 pm

This album is phenomenal. Best album since their Heyday in the late 80's early 90's. They are back! cheers
KingsRite
KingsRite
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:02 am

I think Geoff was trying to get something out before QR (same as the last F.U. release, what a DUMB title). This album and that one don't sound good at all, the new QR blows both out of the water.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:58 am

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 am

I've got my copy on order and am eagerly awaiting it.  I've been a QR fan since Empire.  Though after Promised Land, I don't care for much of their material until their 2013 self-titled release, which was a return to form, IMHO.  I never bothered to get Frequency Unknown, despite my completist tendencies in CD collecting.  I will pass on Operation: Mindcrime's new album as well.
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:55 am

This is the first Queensryche I have heard since Empire. At the risk of invoking the wrath of my brethren here, it seems like LaTorre is getting alot of credit for sounding like a younger Tate.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:22 pm

If this new album is their apology for 18+ years of bad albums, then...

apology accepted
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:30 pm

H.M. Murdock wrote:If this new album is their apology for 18+ years of bad albums, then...

apology accepted
 Well said.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:43 pm

metaldude wrote:This is the first Queensryche I have heard since Empire. At the risk of invoking the wrath of my brethren here, it seems like LaTorre is getting alot of credit for sounding like a younger Tate.

I'm not saying that this is what you are doing, but it seems to me that the vast majority of people who "hate on LaTorre" for trying to be a Tate clone, or even for not sounding as good as "Tate in his prime", have not heard Tate sing a single song in nearly 20 years.  If Tate sang at a 9.5/10 in his prime, he now sounds more like a 2/10...the man just cannot really sing anymore. 

It's obvious to me that LaTorre is going for that classic "Tate style" when singing with Queensryche, but I expect you will see him move slightly away from that "clone sound" as the band releases more records.  If you listen to any of the other music he has recorded (outside of Queensryche) you will hear he really isn't a "Tate clone" but can certainly come close to emulating Tate on those classic Queensryche songs.  Check out this song he recorded with Tommy Vitaly a few years back.  If this was the only song anyone had ever heard him sing I'm not sure people would be calling him a "Tate clone" (again no wrath from me brother, I just find it odd the negative forum comments LaTorre is getting, especially given that there will never be another classic Queensryche record with Tate at the mic, because he just can't do it)

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:56 pm

It's more then Todd, though he has added a spark, but Geoff had taken over the band and derailed them. Face it, he's an egomaniac.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:02 am

Staybrite wrote:
metaldude wrote:This is the first Queensryche I have heard since Empire. At the risk of invoking the wrath of my brethren here, it seems like LaTorre is getting alot of credit for sounding like a younger Tate.

I'm not saying that this is what you are doing, but it seems to me that the vast majority of people who "hate on LaTorre" for trying to be a Tate clone, or even for not sounding as good as "Tate in his prime", have not heard Tate sing a single song in nearly 20 years.

I'm guilty. I bought my last Queensryche album (Operation Mindcrime) in the 80's. Beyond that, it's only from radio that I heard anything from them. That said, I'm not knocking LaTorre for sounding like Tate. Reading this thread, I got got the feeling they had a new sound. When I listened to the new song I thought, "Yep, that's Queensryche". LaTorre has a great voice and it fits the band. Even if I thought he was a Tate clone, it's not an insult. Regardless of how he sounds now, I think Tate has (or had) one of the best voices to ever pick up a microphone. I know nothing about their down days or the drama behind the scenes. When I think of Queensryche, I think "Warning" or "Queen of the Ryche" or "Walk in the Shadows" or (I still get chills on this one) "Take Hold of the Flame".

No, I'm not dissin' anyone. I love my metal too much to play the "so and so sucks" game.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:22 pm

metaldude wrote:
I'm guilty. I bought my last Queensryche album (Operation Mindcrime) in the 80's. Beyond that, it's only from radio that I heard anything from them. That said, I'm not knocking LaTorre for sounding like Tate. Reading this thread, I got got the feeling they had a new sound. When I listened to the new song I thought, "Yep, that's Queensryche". LaTorre has a great voice and it fits the band. Even if I thought he was a Tate clone, it's not an insult. Regardless of how he sounds now, I think Tate has (or had) one of the best voices to ever pick up a microphone. I know nothing about their down days or the drama behind the scenes. When I think of Queensryche, I think "Warning" or "Queen of the Ryche" or "Walk in the Shadows" or (I still get chills on this one) "Take Hold of the Flame".

No, I'm not dissin' anyone. I love my metal too much to play the "so and so sucks" game.

I completely agree that in his prime Tate was amazing (one of the reasons Queensryche was my favorite band).  And I absolutely love those albums from the EP to Promised Land.  But what he turned the band into is inexcusable.  Also for some reason (possibly over consumption) his lost most of his ability to truly sing.  Below is a track from the last album he recorded with Queensryche, despite the fact that the music doesn't resemble anything the band recorded in the 80's or 90's, Tate's vocal performance is mundane (at best)...a pale fraction of his former glory.  Quite frankly I had completely given up on the band until they fired Tate and hired LaTorre to replace him.

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:38 pm

^^ Eewww!! How can you do that to me. I thought we were friends. Mad
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:09 pm

metaldude wrote:^^ Eewww!! How can you do that to me. I thought we were friends. Mad

Sorry, just trying to "share the pain".  lol!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down