The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

5 posters

Go down

Best Maylene Album?

If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_lcap40%If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_lcap20%If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_lcap30%If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_lcap10%If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster Empty If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:39 pm

If youve never heard them heres 1 song from each album

I :

II :

III :

IV :

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster Empty Re: If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

Post by Machine Fish Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:37 am

I have to go with "I" it just rocks. Especially Bang the Witch is Dead.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster Empty Re: If You Had To......... Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:54 am

I went with II. Perfect mix of the Southern Metal and Metalcore. I leans too far to the latter (I mean, it's good, but I got II first and expected something similar on I, having heard only Tough As John Jacobs. So at first I was a bit of a disappointment). And the rest of the albums are too Southern Metal; if I remember correctly, all the songs from IV that I listened to on YT were pretty much 100% Southern Metal, trending more towards Rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:15 am

II. It was my first Maylene album and still my favorite.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 pm

I is my all time fave (I voted I)

I am a fan of all their releases except IV

I is just nostalgia for me as it was my first band I really ever got into

I can honestly listen to any of I II or III and never skip a song
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:38 am

I didn't care for all the metalcore thrown in.  If they had gone with a more traditional vocal style, I might have loved them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:32 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I didn't care for all the metalcore thrown in.  If they had gone with a more traditional vocal style, I might have loved them.
Have you listened to IV ?

It has singing in stead of the "core" vocals

Thats part of the reason I and so many fans called them sell outs for completely changing their sound

Dont get me wrong they had clean singing on songs like Gusty Like The Wind and Listen Close but to much change Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:01 pm

No, I've never listened to IV.  After sampling the first couple of albums, I just wrote them off and haven't checked out anything newer.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:43 pm

They were remarkably consistent for the first three albums. IV was somewhat of a departure, but one that I did come to enjoy. I picked III though. Even if it's not drastically different than I and II, adding banjos in a couple of songs was something I really like, and Step Up (I'm On It) is probably my single favorite Maylene song.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down