The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hear What I Say!

5 posters

Go down

Hear What I Say! Empty Hear What I Say!

Post by Candlemass Sun May 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Finally pick this up, and I must say, I'm pretty blown away! Metal 1
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Hear What I Say! Empty Re: Hear What I Say!

Post by SirJahzeal Sun May 24, 2015 11:22 pm

I like how it transitions musically through each era of the band.  Sure, I am partial to the "Thrash" stuff, but, I truly enjoy their whole discography.
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 5:18 am

I remind I only enjoyed the thrash part of the album, but then the other songs started to grown on me amd now I can say I really enjoy the whole album.

This album was released at the same time Stryper released NMHTP and Bloodgood released Dangerously Close. The Sacred Warrior Waiting in Darkness was released only a couple of months earlier, and I have to say, from all these releases, Hear What I Say is the album that I have listened the most up to date. By a great mirgin, by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue May 26, 2015 6:46 am

It's not just the thrash parts, but the whole lp is very good! Did not much care for the last two, so I wasn't expecting much, what a pleasant surprise!
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 am

This album was a mixed blessing for me. It was a good album, I really enjoyed it but, at the same time, I didn't like hearing it would be their last.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 am

This is one I have yet to listen too.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 am

metaldude wrote:This album was a mixed blessing for me. It was a good album, I really enjoyed it but, at the same time, I didn't like hearing it would be their last.

It's always their last...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue May 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Speaking of Something to Say being Deliverance's last album, it looks like it may not be. Here is an interview that George Ochoa did:
http://angelicwarlord.com/interviews/georgeochoa15.html

In 2013, you re-joined Jimmy P. Brown II for a re-recorded version of the classic Deliverance number “What A Joke”, which appeared as a bonus track on the re-release of Stay Of Execution.  How did the new version of the song turn out?  Are there any plans to work with Brown in the future?
Jimmy and I were never really happy with the entire What A Joke record. We felt that song deserved better, so we re-recorded it. I think that it turned out killer. How could it not with Jim Chaffin (The Crucified) on drums, Victor Macias (Tourniquet) on bass and Jimmy and myself. This is the new Deliverance line up that is currently working together.

I'm cautiously excited about this. I think Victor Macias, if I remember correctly, and it's been awhile since I heard his work with Tourniquet, has a predominate bass sound - his bass has a click sound that is similar to Steve Harris of Iron Maiden I think. If another Deliverance don't fall through and actually goes ahead and is released, I will be getting it, especially of it's similar to their last 2 albums.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

I really enjoyed this album, especially the IM cover.  The transition to Jupiter VI was fairly seamless.  Here's hoping for some more J6 projects soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down