The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore

5 posters

Go down

Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore Empty Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:19 am

Not completely sure if they're Christian but themes are there. http://www.exhortationband.com/ashland-messiah
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore Empty Re: Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore

Post by strangerhoncho Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:47 am

Good stuff.  I like his vocals.  Somebody posted them recently on one of the Christian metal groups on Facebook, and his explanation of the inspiration for one of the songs (from studying Revelation) sounds pretty Christian.  So I'd say yeah they are.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore Empty Re: Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 am

Anyone hear of Exhortation? Thrash/Deathcore 13335533_506976096163664_6030994118925091762_n

Exhortation
November 1 · 

Through everything. Through all pain, all doubts.
The son of the most high God came and died, just for YOU to experience God's eternal glory.
And personally. We think that's pretty sick.

Their update from November 1st.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Nice. Thanks guys.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:07 pm

I was curious myself. They're definitely young and really into the wider metal scene. Definitely not a "church band." I don't see a ministry focus. However, posts and a lot of the pieces pointed to faith, obviously including the one I posted. I'd love to see the lyrics to Religion Will Die. Seems like it's more "legalistic, rigid and judgmental religion" that they're ripping.

Been listening to them this morning though. Very interesting! They're incredibly talented and their sound is extremely diverse. I really like the thrash part of their sound, am not so keen on the metalcore part of their sound and really enjoy all the "Wow! That's different!" twists. I actually ordered the album anyway despite not being certain on their focus. I'll dig into the lyrics when the physical copy shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:37 pm

MK58 wrote:I was curious myself. They're definitely young and really into the wider metal scene. Definitely not a "church band." I don't see a ministry focus. However, posts and a lot of the pieces pointed to faith, obviously including the one I posted. I'd love to see the lyrics to Religion Will Die. Seems like it's more "legalistic, rigid and judgmental religion" that they're ripping.

Been listening to them this morning though. Very interesting! They're incredibly talented and their sound is extremely diverse. I really like the thrash part of their sound, am not so keen on the metalcore part of their sound and really enjoy all the "Wow! That's different!" twists. I actually ordered the album anyway despite not being certain on their focus. I'll dig into the lyrics when the physical copy shows up.

"Seems like it's more 'legalistic, rigid and judgemental religion' that they're ripping up."

That in itself got me more interested in that band. I've known about Exhortation for a while now but never really sat down and listened to their music. But I'll have to do that now.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm really digging the track "Gone is the Sky."  We need more saxophone in extreme metal!

"Between" is an interesting emotive piece, too.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordanrosser13 Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Hey guys! My name is Jordan and I am the vocalist of Exhortation! I actually created an account here when I saw this article so I could set the record straight and quell any speculation.
-Exhortation IS a Christian band and we do have many references to Jesus in our music. I am also heavily inspired by the Bible lyrically. However, we do not only write about Christianity but also social issues and the issues involving religion.
-The song title "Religion will Die" is intentionally eye catching. It is not dogging on Jesus or anything like that but is instead condemning the judgmental and legalistic forms of man made religion around the world and how it is harming the credibility of honest Christ followers trying to spread the gospel. It criticizes the business that religion has become and says that we should focus on our personal relationship and our personal faith with our God rather than our wallets.

Thank you guys so much it means a lot to us to see people talking about our little band on websites across the web! You guys inspire us to keep going and doing what we believe we have been called to do. If you guys would like to follow us further, you can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or learn more about us at our website exhortationband.com
Thanks again and God bless!

Jordanrosser13
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Hey man, thanks for stopping by. God bless you in your further endeavors.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm

I missed this in December, but just now catching up.

"For Every Goliath There Is A Stone" made me really chuckle out loud, reading the title.  Read the lyrics then listened to it.  It REALLY reminded me, in a good way, of TQT, the Microscopic LP. 

Good Stuff!!  Keep it up!!
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Jordan,

Are the physical CDs around? I ordered mine on December 22nd and still haven't gotten it. I got the digital files with my order so I can still listen but never received the CD. Was there a delay on those?

Thanks for the response. Love the album!

EDIT: They updated everyone on the delay. Not surprised this is doing well. Excited for when it comes around. Love having the lyrics in hand while I listen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down