The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own...

+5
Nyx74
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
timekeeper
KaramKaram
Soldier777
9 posters

Go down

What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own... Empty What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own...

Post by Soldier777 Fri May 15, 2015 7:35 pm

As far as I know, there are 4 versions of Stryper's To Hell With The Devil on CD:

1. Engima Records version with the standard cover with the band logo and album title.
2. Hollywood Records version with the standard cover with the band logo and album title.
3. CBS Sony Japan version with the angels and Satan on the front cover.
4. Michael Sweet Productions version with the angels and Satan on the front cover with the Winter Wonderland bonus track.

What CD version do you own? I currently have #2 and #3 is on order. Do you sill enjoy the album after all these years?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own... Empty Re: What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own...

Post by KaramKaram Fri May 15, 2015 7:38 pm

I have number 2 and 3 and I love the album still today

Used to have number 4 but I lent my copy to a friend and never got it back
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own... Empty Re: What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own...

Post by timekeeper Fri May 15, 2015 9:09 pm

What about the first version ever released - the original Enigma version of the angels and devil cover in 1986?
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:21 pm

I have a 1995 Hollywood Records version with the Angel cover

http://www.discogs.com/Stryper-To-Hell-With-The-Devil/release/4071300

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri May 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Timekeeper, I never heard of/forgot about that version - thanks. NoOneIsHere, I have never heard of that version either. I have a question, the angels cover was banned in Christian book stores. Was the angel cover banned from secular record stores as well? I am thinking it was banned or the angels version was a limited run where only so many copies were pressed as limited run from Enigma Records.

You can appreciate the Japanese/Asian market where the angel cover wasn't banned but it let to these versions being more expensive than there standard version. You can thank the religious right/anti Christian rock advocates for that.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:43 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Timekeeper, I never heard of/forgot about that version - thanks. NoOneIsHere, I have never heard of that version either. I have a question, the angels cover was banned in Christian book stores. Was the angel cover banned from secular record stores as well? I am thinking it was banned or the angels version was a limited run where only so many copies were pressed as limited run from Enigma Records.

You can appreciate the Japanese/Asian market where the angel cover wasn't banned but it let to these versions being more expensive than there standard version. You can thank the religious right/anti Christian rock advocates for that.

Only certain Christian bookstores refused to carry it, not all of them. I don't think any secular ones removed it or prohibited it.

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Sat May 16, 2015 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Found the Enigma version of it on cd many years ago at a pawn shop for $2, but of course its the regular black cover with the red lettering and the logo. Would be nice to have the angel cover, but its not worth paying the ridiculous prices. Saw the vinyl with the angel cover once, kicked myself later for not picking it up. Oh well.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx74 Sat May 16, 2015 5:12 am

Here in Holland we only have of the angel cover as far as I know. I believe the cover wasn't banned here in Europe. I have both versions on vinyl, the Angel cover from Enigma Europe and the black cover version from Enigma Canada. 
Both versions are from 1986.
Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Sat May 16, 2015 7:03 am

The secular stores carried it.  That's the version I bought the day it released.  I was floored when I saw it - so cool!
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:53 am

The one that rocks!!!  Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Sat May 16, 2015 10:03 am

I have #2 on CD, but I have the original 1986 angel cover on cassette.
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat May 16, 2015 10:07 am

I own the best version:

The Cliffy version!
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat May 16, 2015 12:01 pm

I've got #1.  As much as I'd like the angel cover I don't want to buy a CD twice.  I would consider it for #4 but that would be for "Winter Wonderland" more than for the better cover art.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun May 17, 2015 7:14 am

I have this one:

What version of to Stryper's Hell With the Devil do you own... Stryper-To-Hell-With-The-194968

I had the angel cover on cassette and the black generic cover on vinyl as well. I do not know where the picture disc is.... I HOPE it is at my dad's, I have seen this for sale anywhere from $75-$100.  The one I have was given to me to Robert Sweet when I met him and Tim at the Mall the day of their show in Knoxville, TN. 

And I also have the Cliffy version.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down