The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper

+10
Constantine
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
Raegoul
eatbugs
TZ75
bodachi
Pro-Zak
Samson
KaramKaram
14 posters

Go down

for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper Empty for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:30 pm

Last edited by KaramKaram on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper Empty Re: for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper

Post by Samson Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:35 pm

I like this.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper Empty Re: for KING + COUNTRY | To Hell With The Devil (RISE) feat. Lecrae & Stryper

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:37 pm

Bloody awful! 🤣
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:04 pm

That was Stryper?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:14 pm

April Fool's Day has passed, friend
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Superjuice, Pro-Zak, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:22 pm

bodachi wrote:April Fool's Day has passed, friend

If that's what this is, it's a very good one! 😃
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:32 pm

Is one of the soundtracks of a movie; that's what Michael explained in the Instagram link I shared.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:55 pm

I did watch the M. Sweet video 

It seems really bizarre to show musicians on a video playing music that's not actually part of the song
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:58 pm

I mean, the title said featuring Stryper (M. Sweet performed a guitar solo, yes), but then you see actors. I was very confused until I  figured out it was for a movie.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:37 pm

The Steel Dragon version of Stryper.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:54 am

I was confused about the actors too at first.

Strangely, I'm ok with it.  I don't "like" it based on musical taste, but I respect it.  It's not a straight cover, which I think helps.  Had it been a word-for-word cover it would have been worse.  To me it's more their own song where they paid tribute to Stryper in the chorus.  I think it's awesome that musicians as diverse as LeCrae and For King and Country are giving Stryper some love.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:33 pm

bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:49 pm

I like Stryper and Lecrae but that wasn‘t good.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:50 pm

That was absolutely horrid!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 pm

I could use a Stryper song featuring Lecrae
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 pm

Official Trailer of UNSUNG HERO:

KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:08 pm

This is part of the soundtrack from the movie coming out, Unsung Hero, about the three siblings, that are in For King and Country and Rebecca St. James. Just found out they were all siblings!

I saw a few months back that For King and Country were talking about how big of an influence Stryper were on them when they were kids.
So from what I can tell the shots of the "fake" Stryper is from the film, likely them seeing them live as kids.

I also see on the cast list that some one is playing Eddie DeGarmo in the film
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsung_Hero_(film)

Anyway I think its pretty cool and great exposure for Stryper to be sampled and get to collaborate with a major CCM pop artist and Lecrae who actually both have crossover exposure. I think Stryper definitely deserves some more recognition for their contributions to the Christian music world!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:27 pm

I just listened to it.  Not my cup of tea but hey....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 am

I don't like it...
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:10 am

^^Same. I don’t see myself liking this …ever.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:This is part of the soundtrack from the movie coming out, Unsung Hero, about the three siblings, that are in For King and Country and Rebecca St. James. Just found out they were all siblings!
Did not know that either, but I don't follow any of them as artists; only hear a little here and there on local CCM stations.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReedBenson Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 pm

I've mulled over this for a while, but I think I ultimately appreciate the track while sort of wishing the "To Hell with the Devil" part was left out. It feels out of place with the rest of the lyrics, IMO. But I do like that Stryper is getting a tribute. I generally like For KING + COUNTRY, and this is the most Christian I've heard Lecrae sound in a long time. He's usually associated with CRT and left-leaning political stuff these days, so it's nice to hear him "repping Jesus" like he used to.

I do want to see this movie sometime. I liked Priceless.

ReedBenson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down