The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff

+10
Superjuice
exo
Peter who was Vaak
WildWorld
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Athanasius
Grindboy
Kerrick
Hardcore Christian
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff Empty Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue May 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Razz 

Heres what comes to mind:

Michael Bay's Transformers 1,2,3,4,(,5,6,7,8,9)

The Disney remake of the Lone Ranger
(I left half way through the movie)

The remake of the Green Hornet
(every 10 seconds f this f that)
[did not even finishes this movie either]
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff Empty Re: Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff

Post by Kerrick Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 pm

I never watched it, but the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles looked pretty awful (and supposedly there's a sequel on the way)...  I saw a bit of the new Indiana Jones which was enough to say it ruined it.

Gosh, there are so many...  I'd have to think for a little while to come up with them.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff Empty Re: Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff

Post by Grindboy Tue May 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Highlander.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Tue May 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Grindboy wrote:Highlander.
Definitely.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 12, 2015 9:32 pm

I enjoyed the new TMNT and the new Indy Jones films.  I liked most of the new Lone Ranger movie but there were some parts that were just too silly.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm

I thought the Terminator movies were ruined when they restarted the franchise

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 13, 2015 7:01 am

Total Recall, Robocop, and the Star Trek reboots were decent flicks but were pale in comparison to their predecessors.  If you loved the originals, you probably won't enjoy the new ones as much.  If you never saw the originals, then you'd probably like the new.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 am

Speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 13, 2015 10:02 am

Verbum Lux wrote:
Grindboy wrote:Highlander.
Definitely.
Agreed.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed May 13, 2015 11:59 am

The first Bayformers wasnt bad, but they got worse as the series grew on (i didnt even bother with part 4).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed May 13, 2015 4:12 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Total Recall
I thought it was very forward thinking of Total Recall to demonstrate how toilet paper will be used as currency in the future:
Movie franchises ruined by the remake/sequel/shootoff Money-600x400

Anyways, George Clooney's Solaris freaking sucked, almost ruined the original.  I hated Indy and I don't want to, but I have to see the last TMNT movie because Casey Jones is going to be in TMNT 2!  Along with Rocksteady and Bebop!

Also, I have to admit, I hated Transformers 2 and 3, but 4 wasn't half bad.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed May 13, 2015 4:17 pm

WildWorld wrote:The first Bayformers wasnt bad, but they got worse as the series grew on (i didnt even bother with part 4).
True
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Tremors went down hill in a hurry...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Total Recall, Robocop, and the Star Trek reboots were decent flicks but were pale in comparison to their predecessors.  If you loved the originals, you probably won't enjoy the new ones as much.  If you never saw the originals, then you'd probably like the new.

Haven't seen the other two, but I'll agree about the Star Trek reboot.  I felt they lost a big part of what made Star Trek....well....Star Trek.  I mean, it was a fun movie, but it was pretty much an action flick.  Haven't seen Into Darkness yet, so I can't comment on that one.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:04 am

Into Darkness suffers from the same thing that a lot of newer action movies do..

Too much over the top special fx and not enough attention to details or storyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:06 am

The Hangover 3 destroyed that franchise.

I still love the first one, but I know a lot of people who saw part 3 first and now won't even attempt to watch the first one because 3 sucked so bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 14, 2015 5:14 am

Verbum Lux wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Total Recall, Robocop, and the Star Trek reboots were decent flicks but were pale in comparison to their predecessors.  If you loved the originals, you probably won't enjoy the new ones as much.  If you never saw the originals, then you'd probably like the new.

Haven't seen the other two, but I'll agree about the Star Trek reboot.  I felt they lost a big part of what made Star Trek....well....Star Trek.  I mean, it was a fun movie, but it was pretty much an action flick.  Haven't seen Into Darkness yet, so I can't comment on that one.

The Star Trek problems started long before JJ Abrams got ahold of the franchise.  Ever notice the major change in Capt. Picard in The Next Generation movies?  He went from guarding the Prime Directive and being an ambassador in the tv series to someone who was trigger happy in the movies.  Worf got assigned to DS9 but always seemed to show up on the Enterprise just in time for a movie.  What?  He must have been AWOL a lot!  LOL  There were other things there, too, and those details were slowly killing those films.

When Abrams got on board, he wanted to make Star Wars out of Star Trek.  He tinkered under the hood a lot.  He brought that overdone and annoying lens flare effect.  He used the lame alternative time-line thing to make total canon story changes.  While I do like the new Trek, it still doesn't quite feel like the Star Trek that my dad and I shared the love for.  However, when the 3rd installment comes out next year for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, I'll be there.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu May 14, 2015 8:30 am

I heard the Nightmare on Elm Street was really bad, and they even tried to make Freddy sympathetic. Of course, when it comes to the original series, i only like 1, 3, and 5 (though i've heard good things about New Nightmare, but Freddy's Dead is one of the worst horror films i've ever seen, even with the Alice Cooper cameo).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu May 14, 2015 3:06 pm

I actually really liked the first 2 Transformers films, and was pretty psyched when I heard the Dinobots were being done for the 4th........then I saw promo materials where OPTIMIS PRIME RIDES GRIMLOCK LIKE A HORSE.  That's enough for me to say "nope."

I mean, ignoring the utter implausibility of ginormous mechanical aliens that turn into vehicles, fact that given Prime's size, GRIMLOCK is suddenly the approximate length of a freaking FOOTBALL FIELD in robotic tyrannosaur mode.......it was just "too much" for me without even getting into the whole "there's no way Grimlock submits himself to the indignity of it all.....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:
I thought it was very forward thinking of Total Recall to demonstrate how toilet paper will be used as currency in the future:

Anyways, George Clooney's Solaris freaking sucked, almost ruined the original.  I hated Indy and I don't want to, but I have to see the last TMNT movie because Casey Jones is going to be in TMNT 2!  Along with Rocksteady and Bebop!

Solaris Rolf 1

No one's seen the original here but me and you.

Probably not a lot of Tarkovsky fans here.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Verbum Lux wrote:

The Star Trek problems started long before JJ Abrams got ahold of the franchise.  Ever notice the major change in Capt. Picard in The Next Generation movies?  He went from guarding the Prime Directive and being an ambassador in the tv series to someone who was trigger happy in the movies.  Worf got assigned to DS9 but always seemed to show up on the Enterprise just in time for a movie.  What?  He must have been AWOL a lot!  LOL  There were other things there, too, and those details were slowly killing those films.

When Abrams got on board, he wanted to make Star Wars out of Star Trek.  He tinkered under the hood a lot.  He brought that overdone and annoying lens flare effect.  He used the lame alternative time-line thing to make total canon story changes.  While I do like the new Trek, it still doesn't quite feel like the Star Trek that my dad and I shared the love for.  However, when the 3rd installment comes out next year for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, I'll be there.
I hated the new Star Trek when it came out exactly for the reasons you mentioned: Uhura and Spock become a thing?  Get bent JJ...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Superjuice wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:

Solaris Rolf 1

No one's seen the original here but me and you.

Probably not a lot of Tarkovsky fans here.

I've seen it  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Thu May 14, 2015 8:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The Star Trek problems started long before JJ Abrams got ahold of the franchise.  Ever notice the major change in Capt. Picard in The Next Generation movies?  He went from guarding the Prime Directive and being an ambassador in the tv series to someone who was trigger happy in the movies.  Worf got assigned to DS9 but always seemed to show up on the Enterprise just in time for a movie.  What?  He must have been AWOL a lot!  LOL  There were other things there, too, and those details were slowly killing those films.

True enough.  Haven't seen but one of the TNG movies, but from that one and what I've heard of the others they did mess Picard up.

alldatndensum wrote:When Abrams got on board, he wanted to make Star Wars out of Star Trek.

That was my impression as well.  I think he'll be a much better fit for the new Star Wars film.

alldatndensum wrote:However, when the 3rd installment comes out next year for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, I'll be there.

Star Trek III:  The Search for Explosions!
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri May 15, 2015 4:25 pm

The gigantic messes known as The Matrix sequels.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:36 pm

The yet to be released Point Break sequel is receiving much criticism already
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next