The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee

+2
Friday13th
Superjuice
6 posters

Go down

Rush beats vs. Who groove

Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee I_vote_lcap31%Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee I_vote_lcap69%Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee I_vote_rcap 69% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee Empty Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee

Post by Superjuice Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:49 pm

The improvisational skills of Animal or the composed drum parts of Peart?  You choose.  Entwistle's skillfully complex bass thumping or Geddy's multi-instrumentality?  Geddy said Entwistle was his biggest influence.  Who's better the protege' or the mentor?  Did the student surpass the master?

Last edited by Superjuice on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee Empty Re: Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee

Post by Friday13th Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Well I think it's an obvious "yes" to the final question to whether Rush surpassed The Who. Which one is "better" is harder to say factoring in influence and comparing them to bands of their time. I like The Who a lot, but not as much as Rush. Another similarly awesome pair would be Yes's Chris Squire and Bill Bruford  Metal 3
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee Empty Re: Best rock rhythm section of all time: Entwistle/Moon vs. Peart/Lee

Post by Superjuice Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Friday13th wrote:Well I think it's an obvious "yes" to the final question to whether Rush surpassed The Who. Which one is "better" is harder to say factoring in influence and comparing them to bands of their time. I like The Who a lot, but not as much as Rush. Another similarly awesome pair would be Yes's Chris Squire and Bill Bruford  Metal 3
Yeah, but Bruford ditched Yes for King Crimson pretty early and wasn't in the band for all that long.  However, Tony Levin/Bruford is also formidable.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Bruford and Wetton too...in fact, playing with Bruford would make the worst bassist slap himself a couple times and take his job more seriously  Laughing
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Gene Hoglan / Steve DiGiorgio
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon May 04, 2015 2:27 pm

I knew Keith Moon died in '78, but I didn't know he was only 32!  Wow, the guy looked so run down and couldn't keep up with his own recordings live anymore.  I thought he was at least around 40, but that means he was only 18 when he joined the band!
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue May 05, 2015 7:46 am

Bonham/Jones. End of discussion.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 9:01 am

Lee/Peart. End of discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue May 05, 2015 11:28 am

Neal Morse Code wrote:Lee/Peart. End of discussion.

Wait, I said "end of discussion" first, so nanny nanny boo boo!
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Tue May 05, 2015 1:20 pm

I'll go Lee/Peart for the purposes of this discussion....

But the combo of Victor Wooten/Dennis Chambers is pretty good.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon May 11, 2015 4:13 pm

No disrespect to Rush, but Entwhistle / Moon by a large margin.

Now if we're talking strictly in terms of technical ability, then yeah, the award goes to Lee / Pert.  But I'm going by which is more fun to listen, and for me it's definitely option #1.  Smile
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 6:08 pm

The Who? Really? The band my brother dubbed "The Why"?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down