The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe}

+6
lhversaw
oldschooldoom
Ugly
Friday13th
deathisgain
BobtheBerean
10 posters

Go down

Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe} Empty Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe}

Post by BobtheBerean Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:53 am

I just read an article on the {I guess they could be called pioneers} of Christian rock - Fraction...

Their cd "Moon Shot" .

The article described the vibes as Doors and Iron Butterfly...Dude,
they were do right on the Doors vibe {especially vocally}..

Lyrically, very Christian....

Does anybody know much about this band?

The cd Blood Moon is well worth a digital down {about $8.00 on
Amazon}...The cd is available too..I have played it constantly
since downloading it..

Check one of the first Christian rock bands..
BobtheBerean
BobtheBerean
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe} Empty Re: Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe}

Post by deathisgain Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:39 am

I remember listening to this a while back. Pretty cool
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe} Empty Re: Fraction - Blood Moon - 70's Christian Rock {Doors Vibe}

Post by Friday13th Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Oh yeah! I had no idea they were Christian the first time I heard them, I was just taking psychedelic rock recommendations. Not one of my favorite albums as the singer can be over-bearing and the music a bit meandering. Not sure you could accurately call them Christian (edit: realized I'm speculating because all we have to go by is the lyrics which are pretty legit minus a mention of "mother earth" and some strange images etc.) . It's definitely good music. This is the best song on there: 

Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugly Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Pioneers? I had a thread up of 1960s Christian rock bands up a while back. 
Not being a big fan of 70s rock this was meh for me. Probably good to those more into the style though.
Ugly
Ugly
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:13 pm

st zombie wrote:Pioneers? I had a thread up of 1960s Christian rock bands up a while back. 
Not being a big fan of 70s rock this was meh for me. Probably good to those more into the style though.

Yeah, I think I found The Pilgrims through that! Good stuff. There was some good stuff in the '60s no doubt, even before the typically accepted Larry Norman debut of '69. I posted this one a while back, and I still think this is the most original/unique Christian rock song of the '60s. Barque pop/proto-prog! 

Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:36 pm

I wil always remember someone trying to convince others that this band was a Black Sabbath ringer. jocolor
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Friday13th wrote:
st zombie wrote:Pioneers? I had a thread up of 1960s Christian rock bands up a while back. 

Yeah, I think I found The Pilgrims through that! Good stuff. There was some good stuff in the '60s no doubt, even before the typically accepted Larry Norman debut of '69. I posted this one a while back, and I still think this is the most original/unique Christian rock song of the '60s. Barque pop/proto-prog! 

lol   UMMM Dude I am WAY into 60's Psychedelic music and The Electric Prunes are AWESOME but they ARE NOT a Christian band.  They do have some religious under tones in one cd and some jewish undertones in another but they are NOT a Christian band at all.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:06 pm

lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:11 pm

You're right. I'm just the kind of guy who will say "After Forever" is the first Christian metal song even if the band members aren't. I read it was the doing of the Prunes' producer who wanted to throw in some Christian and Jewish lyrics in there, so who knows, maybe the producer was a Christian?
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnycanuck Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 pm

I own this Fraction-Blood Moon CD, might have to give it another listen...
johnnycanuck
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:28 am

Wow, never heard of them this is cool. Right up my alley. I enjoyed the Pilgrims thread a while back too and I remember they had a spin-off band that sounded like Hendrix but can't remember the name. 

Check this one out from 1964:

And this one:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:35 am

Found 'em, Out Of Darkness

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:01 pm

I just discovered this "Moon Blood" album by Fraction.  
Normally I'm not much into this meandering type of psychedelic rock, but there's some good stuff here.  
It really captures the vibe of the era it was recorded in.  As well as sets a blueprint for stoner rock.

Plus, if this really is Christian rock (apparently it is, by most accounts) then it is a landmark album, as collectors have been rating this album #1 for decades on Psychedelic Rock album lists.  That's pretty impressive.  Too bad the band was never able to parlay that into something big, like an evangelistic crusade - or did they?   They were considered part of the "Jesus Movement."

The MP3 version on Amazon only has 5 songs, but there is an official 8-song version on here:

https://www.mexicansummer.com/artist/fraction/

My favorite song is this one:

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:18 am

I love listening to that release on youtube and need to put it on my wishlist.

Also check out Mind Garage if you like Fraction
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down