The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

+12
d@v!d
Candlemass
Kerrick
Mang67
Driven
Grindboy
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
eatbugs
messiaen77
Staybrite
Temple of Blood
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction - Page 3 Empty Re: Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:02 am

The guys from Mouth of the South!

I saw a van and trailer once with HM Magazine and Facedown Records stickers on it, saw the group who were obviously the band and asked who they were.  They were impressed that I had even heard of them.  Yes, "heard of."  I didn't know any of their music and we spent 5 minutes of them asking me what other Facedown Records bands I knew and them telling me stories about those bands.  The whole experience left me with a good feeling.  There was no "rock star" attitude and they didn't tell me about Mouth of the South at all - just stories of War of Ages teasing them as the newbies on the label.  Very Happy

Daniel Tucek from One Bad Pig was a nice guy too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction - Page 3 Empty Re: Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:36 am

Staybrite wrote:

GREAT, now nobody is going to talk to either of us!  Laughing

Sorry.....I couldn't resist    Razz

Kerrick wrote:You say it like that'd be a bad thing...  Twisted Evil 

Razz Just Joking

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:12 am

Gene Simmons. The man is full of it but I love the memes and jokes metalheads create about him so, it made me an even bigger fan of Kiss, lol.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am

Mang67 wrote:Glenn Kaiser
Michael Bloodgood

Both very cool with pastor's hearts and a lot of wisdom.
I've met both. Very humble. Were willing to talk as long as I wished.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MadKraken Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 am

Broken Flesh. I've never met them personally, but their Facebook personality and the occasional band video has led me to believe they're pretty cool guys.
MadKraken
MadKraken
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:22 pm

MadKraken wrote:Broken Flesh. I've never met them personally, but their Facebook personality and the occasional band video has led me to believe they're pretty cool guys.
A Hill to Die Upon, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:56 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Michael Bloodgood

I met Glenn, Wendi, and Stu way back in the 80s when I went with the crew from church to pick them up at the airport.

All seemed very nice.

Will never forget the bright "genie / mc-hammer" pants Wendi had on..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:20 pm

As I Lay Dying

I AM JUST KIDDING
Razz
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:39 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:As I Lay Dying

I AM JUST KIDDING
Razz

lol! face palm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Kerrick wrote:

I AM JUST KIDDING
Razz

lol! face palm

To avoid this thread turning into another As I Lay Dying fiasco .... I suggest we change gears and talk about something less controversial

"Farm Animals Having Abortions" and the side thread "Is The Farmer Really To Blame"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:57 pm

lol! Don\'t Feed Trolls 

I think by discussing those topics, you're missing the real point: do farm animals have free will or are they predestined?  Only then can we get to the bottom of the morality of farm animal abortions.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Kerrick wrote:lol! Don\'t Feed Trolls 

I think by discussing those topics, you're missing the real point: do farm animals have free will or are they predestined?  Only then can we get to the bottom of the morality of farm animal abortions.

NICE!!! You are so right..I totally forgot about that  ...  Razz

Also, is it a "Christian Farm" or are they Christian animals in a farm?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:44 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:Also, is it a "Christian Farm" or are they Christian animals in a farm?

Rolf 2

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:07 pm

I AM JUST KIDDING
Razz
I did meet them a couple times they are nice guys

Tim was always very quiet and  Jordan Mancino was very humble towards us
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 pm

eatbugs wrote:The guys from Mouth of the South!

I saw a van and trailer once with HM Magazine and Facedown Records stickers on it, saw the group who were obviously the band and asked who they were.  They were impressed that I had even heard of them.  Yes, "heard of."  I didn't know any of their music and we spent 5 minutes of them asking me what other Facedown Records bands I knew and them telling me stories about those bands.  The whole experience left me with a good feeling.  There was no "rock star" attitude and they didn't tell me about Mouth of the South at all - just stories of War of Ages teasing them as the newbies on the label.  Very Happy
Every band I have ever met has never had a "rockstar" attitude

and yea War Of Ages are great guys
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Speaking of chance encounters

the so so mainstream Christian band

blessthefall

We were driving to Spokane to see a show, and stopped at a Starbucks to get coffee and we saw a 8 passenger van and trailer pull up and knew it was a band
we asked them who they were and they were blessthefall they were just leaving Spokane to head to Seattle we told them how we saw them on Scream The Prayer tour a year before and we bought them theyre drinks Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Nice!  I ran into Norma Jean at an In-N-Out after they played at Sounds Of The Underground (gosh what was that... 2004?).  They were super chill and friendly folks.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:40 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

Are the Christian animals in a farm saved by …

nah, not going there...
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Every band I have ever met has never had a "rockstar" attitude

Lucky you!  That's the point of this thread: many of us have met bands even "Christian" bands who carried an attitude and we want to focus on the positive (no, not herds of farm animals made up of Christian animals who were predestined to choose salvation at a Vengeance Rising concert  clown ).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Driven wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

Are the Christian animals in a farm saved by …

nah, not going there...
I will!

The only animals in the farm that are saved are those that the farmer has not chosen.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Guys I have personally met that I really liked...

Rex Carroll (Whitecross)
Michael Feighan (Whitecross)
Jonathan Pagano (Novella)
All the guys in 12 Stones were really nice.
Jamie and David from Guardian
All the guys from Spoken
Head And his band were very nice.
Seventh Day Slumber was nice
Disciple guys were cool

Lots of secular artists have been very cool. I've met hundreds of individual band members from metal to country, and have honestly met more good than bad.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri May 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Bump.

Not metal but after the concert last night I need to add Steve Hindalong, Derri Daughterty, and Dan Michaels of The Choir to my list.  Awesome guys, especially Steve.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 6:52 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:
Michael Bloodgood

I met Glenn, Wendi, and Stu way back in the 80s when I went with the crew from church to pick them up at the airport.

All seemed very nice.

Will never forget the bright "genie / mc-hammer" pants Wendi had on..lol
Met them at a Christian bookstore my friends owned.  Glen autographed my vinyl copy of Bootleg and the tape's liner notes for Silence Screams. And Wendi didn't much care for Frank Peretti, once I told her I was a fan of his too.  Which only serves the point that he, not being a fan of rock, balances everything out.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2015 4:47 am

I have to say that even though I don't care for Mortification sound since Erasing the Goblin was out, I am still a fan of Steve Rowe due to his history in christian metal as well as its history. He is absolutely engaged in the ministry and he own my respect. Musically however, I don't care about him as a song writer.

There are a few other guys that I managed to know and they looks very nice guys. Besides being a little shy, I have spoken with Scott Wenzel a little bit, and he looked like a nice guy. All the guys in King James are great guys as well. Rex, Jimmy, Michael and Benny. It was great to meet and talk to them all.

I have also heard a bunch of good histories about Glen Kaiser and he looks very humble indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3