The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

+12
d@v!d
Candlemass
Kerrick
Mang67
Driven
Grindboy
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
eatbugs
messiaen77
Staybrite
Temple of Blood
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction Empty Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:11 am

I could probably rattle off 10 or 20 names of artists that I have a hard time listening to now because after getting to interact with them via forums or Facebook or in person, I realized they are outright crazy or major jerks. I am sure we all could make a list.

How disappointing it can be when you finally get to meet one of your favorite artists ...  Sad

Go into almost any music forum, and you will see lots of posts ripping on this artist or that artist due to the way they treat their fans. 

Soooooo..wanting to keep this on a POSITIVE note and maybe counteract some of the bad stories out there ... what artists have you interacted with in person or via social media that have been so rewarding that you have become even more of a fan of that artist's music?

Here's a few of mine....

Ken Pike (Absolon) 
Great sense of humor, has always been very humble and is appreciative of those who support him.

Justin Murr (Liberty 'n Justice)
Probably has the biggest heart of any artist I have ever met.

Rex Scott (X-Sinner / GX Project)
Another great guy to talk to.

Back to top Go down

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction Empty Re: Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:18 am

None!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction Empty Re: Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:57 am

No personal interactions, but there are some that I have appreciated more due to facebook postings and stuff. Phinehas, As they Sleep, 7 Horns 7 Eyes, Hope for the Dying and some others were (I no longer use facebook) good at interacting with fans rather than just having someone post generic promotional messages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:20 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Justin Murr (Liberty 'n Justice)
Probably has the biggest heart of any artist I have ever met.
I'll second that, what an absolutely fantastic guy!

Never met him in person, but with the new singer of Queensryche (Todd La Torre) I have to say I really dig most of his facebook posts.  He seems like a genuine fan of the music and an all around cool guy.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Disciple.  They are all over it, 24/7.  Mucho props for their stage presence and Kevin's preaching--but to follow it up in such shibby fashion is icing on the cake. 

Emery is really blowing me away with their thought-provoking podcasts and their interactions with their fans.

Nothing More takes the cake though.  Practically daily, they post a really cool teaching/saying and strongly encourage their fans to chime in.  We keep the discussion civil and can learn from one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Lanny Cordolla
The Choir
Rick Elias
Ojo Taylor

Just off the top of my head.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:47 pm

The guys from King James: Jimmy (singer) and Benny (bass) in particular were great friendly.

I'm not interested in them musically but the singer from Satellites & Sirens was really cool too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Dallas Taylor from Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

( i swear i have posted this 10 times)

I have hung out with them over a dozen times my last name (family) is in the thank yous of III and they even have eaten fried chicken and potato salad at my Grandmothers house

The Showdown
hung out with these guys several times

Mortification
I have exchanged a few emails with Steve Rowe Laughing
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 am

I would have to say Ken Tamplin.  He posts a lot of things I find interesting to say the least.

We could flip this the other way and mention people we like less because of social media.  In that category, I would put Dale Thompson and Joshua Perahia.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 am

Actually, I would prefer people NOT start listing who they had bad experiences with.

As I said in the OP, we all have had bad experiences.

This is supposed to be a positive thread.

Please don't start listing the people you have had issues with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:10 am

I thought the same thing when I saw this thread title -- more bad experiences than good!  But with that understanding, full support for the intent of the thread.

Jason from (formerly) Becoming the Archetype.

Blake from A Plea for Purging.

Drummer and guitar player from War of Ages.

Miles, Luke, and Kevin from Crimson Thorn.

Really I do understand how especially touring guys would get prickly.  I understand life on the road isn't a picinic, they're always sleep deprived, cramped, sweaty, and probably sick of their bandmates after a week or two.  Then there's the kids at every stop badgering them and saying the same three things 20 times at every show, and although some people are both, being in a band doesn't make you a "people person" who wants to talk to 50 strangers every night.  It's part of the deal on some level and I'm not saying to feel sorry for them or whatever, if it's the life they chose then deal with it, but I can fully understand how it would get wearing pretty quickly.  If anybody's read Marc Soloman's book "Simplicity," he doesn't come off like we'd probably be best friends, but I can understand how stuff gets frustrating (especially in the "Christian scene" -- my goodness, all the garbage that we see on this board?  what if I had to deal with all the criticisms and nit-picking face-to-face every night?  forget it!)

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:51 am

Grindboy wrote:Really I do understand how especially touring guys would get prickly.  I understand life on the road isn't a picinic, they're always sleep deprived, cramped, sweaty, and probably sick of their bandmates after a week or two.  Then there's the kids at every stop badgering them and saying the same three things 20 times at every show, and although some people are both, being in a band doesn't make you a "people person" who wants to talk to 50 strangers every night.  It's part of the deal on some level and I'm not saying to feel sorry for them or whatever, if it's the life they chose then deal with it, but I can fully understand how it would get wearing pretty quickly.  If anybody's read Marc Soloman's book "Simplicity," he doesn't come off like we'd probably be best friends, but I can understand how stuff gets frustrating (especially in the "Christian scene" -- my goodness, all the garbage that we see on this board?  what if I had to deal with all the criticisms and nit-picking face-to-face every night?  forget it!)

I agree..when you step back and look at the whole picture from their standpoint, it is a lot easier to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:56 am

A couple more on my "Good Guys" list

Michael Feighan of Whitecross / LNJ 

Scott Wenzel of Whitecross

Darrel Mansfield

Jonathan Pagano of Novella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 am

Also...

Jeremy Swain from Raging Mercy

all of the InnerSiege guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:01 am

as a side note...

Michael Feighan seems like he is about the happiest person I have seen / met.

The whole weekend at Skull Fest, whether drumming for X-Sinner or drumming for Whitecross, or simply walking around the venue, he had a smile on his face every single moment you would see him...

Even on his Facebook page, he always is smiling...

One happy dude...  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 am

Wayne Johnson of Under Command, along with getting bonus points for being a Godzilla fan, is also a great guy and always appreciative of fan support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:44 am

What on earth does "shibby" mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:Wayne Johnson of Under Command, along with getting bonus points for being a Godzilla fan, is also a great guy and always appreciative of fan support.

Agreed!  (and I'm willing to look past the "Godzilla fan" part).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 am

LemonMouse wrote:What on earth does "shibby" mean?

That's got to be when something is "hip" and "shabby" at the same time..."shibby"
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:Wayne Johnson of Under Command, along with getting bonus points for being a Godzilla fan, is also a great guy and always appreciative of fan support.

Agreed!  (and I'm willing to look past the "Godzilla fan" part).

lol!

Artists you have become MORE of a fan of due to social media or personal interaction Images10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 pm

LemonMouse wrote:What on earth does "shibby" mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:22 pm

I became Facebook friends with Rex Scott a little before the first Skull Fest.

When I met him at Skull Fest, I was floored because he instantly recognized me and knew me by name.

May not seem like much to some people, but to me it was very cool....

Since that time, I have been honored to be able to have many discussions with him online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm

I've had the pleasure of meeting both Rod Rivera and John Bomma from Rivera Bomma, also...

Very nice guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:None!

Well, I WAS going to say Temple of Blood, but… guess not Very Happy
(just kidding of course!)

A little more seriously, one that has really been a great guy to me is Bill Menchen. For a while, he was very active on Facebook, and we talked about stuff a lot. Also, I've gotten to know a lot of lesser-known or indie artists, like some who hang out here.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mang67 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Glenn Kaiser
Michael Bloodgood

Both very cool with pastor's hearts and a lot of wisdom.
Mang67
Mang67
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next