The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desyre - your thoughts on this band...

+6
oldschooldoom
Airola
Follower of Jesus
MikeInFla
My Awesome Timothy
Soldier777
10 posters

Go down

Desyre - your thoughts on this band... Empty Desyre - your thoughts on this band...

Post by Soldier777 Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:32 pm

I have been checking out Desyre, a Finnish glam band similar to Stryper, Guardian, Holy Soldier, Poison and White Lion. To me they are kind of a mash up of pop, rock, hard rock and metal with that Euro metal sound found in other bands like Def Leppard, Scorpions, Roxette and Abba. I heard parts of Warning of the Night and Glamtrom and they're not band. To me the vocals seems toned down on Warning and the production is lacking, almost like a glorified demo. Glamtrom has a much better sound. I was never into the really 80's glammy bands like Faster smurf Cat, Pretty Boy Floyd, etc. Desyre seems too glamy for this current day and even if they started in the 80's, even though I am fans of bands like Stryper, Guardian and Holy Soldier.

Any thoughts?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Desyre - your thoughts on this band... Empty Re: Desyre - your thoughts on this band...

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:25 am

DESYRE ~ Glamtron is one of the best Christian Metal albums I own.  It came out around the time STRYPER ~ No More Hell To Pay was released and I've played the album just as much.  Call it whatever style you want, to me it's a great album and a big improvement on Warning Of The Night, mainly down to the improvement of the vocals.  DESYRE have a POISON, STEEL PANTHER, SKID ROW, JUDAS PRIEST vibe to them....others may disagree?!!  Check out the reviews of both albums at Angelic Warlord.  I picked up both CDs directly from the band.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Desyre - your thoughts on this band... Empty Re: Desyre - your thoughts on this band...

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:31 am

Soldier777 have you checked out MESSENGER ~ Perfect Storm?  It's an excellent 6 song EP of 80's style Metal, one of the best releases I bought in 2014 for sure.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:56 am

Holy Smokes! Who is this Messenger that I missed out on?!?

I had no idea! I'm gonna get this from iTunes. What else do they have? I looked on YouTube and I believe there is more than one metal band with the name Messenger. The other seems a bit heavier and they spell their name MessengeR with a capital "R".

As for Desyre, Mazzy Bee used to be around here quite a bit. Good sounding band but the production IS lacking and to me the stuff sounds demo. Not bad by any means, just demo. Kind of like Chaotic Resemblence. Good stuff but something production-wise is missing.

As for Faster Pussycat, spell it like that or it comes out as Faster Smurfy Cat Smile
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:00 am

Desyre is a really good band that is getting better and better. I don't really care for their earlier stuff because I like good production quality. But with Glamtron, the band finally started getting the kind of production they're capable of and it showed with an album that I, too, played just as much as Stryper's new one at the time. Glamtron is much heavier on keyboards than the glam and hair bands of the past, but don't let that make you think they don't rock. The guitars are pretty hard on Glamtron and I love the album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:19 am

I love Glamtron!

I wrote a praising review to this forum, but I guess it was before the site got hacked, so now it's gone. Or then there is some other reason why that post isn't here anymore.

It was my favorite album of that year (yeah, I liked it even more that Stryper and Tourniquet that year - and I'm a MASSIVE fan of Tourniquet and thought No More Hell to Pay is one of the best albums Stryper has ever made), and it pretty much is one of my all time favorite albums ever. Played it for hours and hours non-stop, day after day, week after week. I kinda think though that the first half of the album is better than the last half. The first six songs are absolutely perfect. It's great after that too, but not quite as good as the first half is.

Warning of the Night doesn't have as good songs, and yeah it sounds like a demo (which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing). The playing is great though, but it sounded like Mazi was holding back with the singing. I was really surprised to hear Mazi's vocal performance in Glamtron, as he really wasn't holding back anymore at all. I recall he got some vocal coaching from Christian Palin, so that helped a lot.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:12 am

I've heard Mystery Eyes on You Tube and I've heard parts of their other songs on Spotify. I've discovered Spotify through other sources and Firestream Music Vault. I typed in their name in Spotify and have been sampling their stuff the past week or so. If I get Glamtrom, I will likely get Warning of the Night where when I get into a band I tend to get all their stuff in addition to the recent stuff. Brent Miller has these discs on his site. It will soon be time to get another order placed through him.

Airole, when you said the first six songs were better and played it nonstop, were you referring to Galmtrom or No More Hell to Play?

I need to do a test: Where is the pussycat?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 am

Ha! The smurf cat didn't change to smurfy cat! Razz lol!
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Airole, when you said the first six songs were better and played it nonstop, were you referring to Galmtrom or No More Hell to Play?

I referred to Glamtron. I think the songs have their biggest hooks, best melodies and best riffs from "Too Hot for Radio" to "Beyond the Horizon". Then, the songs from "The Magic in Your Kingdom" to "Follow Me" are, while still great, not as great as the first half.

Funny that one review I read said the same thing, that the first half is the best, but another review said the completely opposite, that the first half is not that good but the last half is amazing Very Happy

And yeah, I recommend getting Warning of the Night too. "Dreams" off that album is great! I'd love to hear that song with the same kind of passionful hunger Glamtron was made with.
Also there is a hidden bonus track after the cover of "Burning in the 3rd Degree" (the original was heard in Terminator). After the song, which is quite good, there is a couple minutes of silence, and after that a ballad sung in Finnish begins. That song sounds quite beautiful.
And especially the guitar playing is really really good in the album. Shows Desyre absolutely is a talented band.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 am

Glamtron is great! I, too, have listened to it almost more than anything else that came out in 2013. Definitely one of my faves and I hope they have some new music soon.

I also really like Messenger's EP...is there a place I can order a physical copy of the CD? I've done some searching and come up empty handed. Anyone know where I should go? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:06 pm

se7enty6ix wrote:Glamtron is great! I, too, have listened to it almost more than anything else that came out in 2013. Definitely one of my faves and I hope they have some new music soon.

I also really like Messenger's EP...is there a place I can order a physical copy of the CD? I've done some searching and come up empty handed. Anyone know where I should go? Thanks!

I got my copy directly from the band via Facebook.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:31 am

Thanks, Markification! I found them on FB then made my way to an online store and ordered a copy. I appreciate your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:25 pm

They wisely chose to have backing vocals on their latest album. 

Now, if they could go back and re-record their earlier material with this winning formula.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:49 am

I absolutely love this band Smile. I have Warning of the Night and Glamtron and, needless to say, Glamtron is much more better in every way. I have also seen them live in 2008 when they were playing at Immortal Metal Fest.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 am

I have to say that I have both of their albums and like them, but they both are still lacking with the final formula to make these great releases.  I think they are headed in the right direction, however.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Anything new with this band?  They got a great sound as an indi 80's metal band.  Perfect blend of talent and cheese: heavy synthwave-like keys, but don't drown out the guitars whatsoever.  Definitely not all glam, but touches of fantasy metal as well. 

Great song right here:

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Mazzi has been posing on facebook where he is working on a follow up to Glamtrom. It's cool to see my old thread active again.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Mazzi needs to come back here and post an update!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazi Danger Bee Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:23 am

Desyre - your thoughts on this band... Fb_img12
Greetings all.

Some of you were asking about the current situation of the band. I'm in process of making a new album. It has been slow since I'm alone in Desyre at the moment. I've got a bunch of new tunes and I'm getting there. No release date yet, though. I'm basically doing it all by myself.

The cover art is done. I hope you guys like it. The title is "Legacy Of The Masquerade" and the lyrical theme circles around the aspect of wearing a mask in this crazy world. The lyrics are very personal and I'm trying to unmask myself through them.

God bless, ya'll!
Mazi Danger Bee
Mazi Danger Bee
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.desyre777.com

Black Rider, Superjuice, Staybrite, Follower of Jesus, deathisgain, My Awesome Timothy, alldatndensum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down