The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired of hearing about Baby Metal? THIS is how a Japanese girl band should sound * Band-Maid *

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tired of hearing about Baby Metal?  THIS is how a Japanese girl band should sound * Band-Maid * Empty Re: Tired of hearing about Baby Metal? THIS is how a Japanese girl band should sound * Band-Maid *

Post by deathisgain Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Yeah I heard that a while back and thought it was really cool. I saw a live version, and it seems that they can play.

The only gripe I have, is the sexualized little girl imagery that Japanese bands tend to go for.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Tired of hearing about Baby Metal?  THIS is how a Japanese girl band should sound * Band-Maid * Empty Re: Tired of hearing about Baby Metal? THIS is how a Japanese girl band should sound * Band-Maid *

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:41 pm

deathisgain wrote:Yeah I heard that a while back and thought it was really cool. I saw a live version, and it seems that they can play.

The only gripe I have, is the sexualized little girl imagery that Japanese bands tend to go for.

Well, Japanese bands do that a lot...it is their culture.

However, in this case they are dressing like maids...not little girls. Hence the name, Band-MAID

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:43 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
deathisgain wrote:Yeah I heard that a while back and thought it was really cool. I saw a live version, and it seems that they can play.

Well, Japanese bands do that a lot...it is their culture.

However, in this case they are dressing like maids...not little girls. Hence the name, Band-MAID

True. French SEXY maids. Wink
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Exactly, DIG

Did you watch the video I posted about the British guy talking about them?

Apparently, the whole maid thing is a big fetish in Japan and it is spreading. You can go to clubs and get waited on by girls in sexy maid outfits....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Regretfully, I don't know of any around here..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:06 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:Exactly, DIG

Apparently, the whole maid thing is a big fetish in Japan and it is spreading. You can go to clubs and get waited on by girls in sexy maid outfits....

Just watched it. Interesting. I know they probably would say this about us, but Japanese culture is so weird. I've worked with a few people that have lived over there, and they have mentioned that as well.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 am

deathisgain wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:Exactly, DIG

Just watched it. Interesting. I know they probably would say this about us, but Japanese culture is so weird. I've worked with a few people that have lived over there, and they have mentioned that as well.

Agreed, but I do have to say one thing....at least they have a culture. Even though I disagree with a lot of their beliefs and fads, I get a little envious because over here in the US we have become too diverse and too mixed  (IMO) so it doesn't seem like we have a national culture or identity like a lot of countries do. Well, I guess our culture/identity is being fat, lazy, and violent (at least in terms of the rest of the world..lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 am

I just bought the BABYMETAL album lol, don't judge! So when are Band-Maid releasing a disc?  bounce
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 am

ParaNormaN wrote:I just bought the BABYMETAL album lol, don't judge! So when are Band-Maid releasing a disc?  bounce

They have 2...

a full length release and an EP that is the harder style you hear on "Thrill"

Both are sold out everywhere.

Unless you want to buy one $$$$$$ off third parties on Amazon

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:37 pm

That first song is pretty awesome yeah. I agree with the image being a bit of a turn off...well...maybe "turn off" is the wrong word. It's just not something I don't approve of  Razz They're no X Japan, but dang they can play well.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Friday13th wrote:I agree with the image being a bit of a turn off...well...maybe "turn off" is the wrong word. It's just not something I don't approve of  Razz 

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:04 pm

**THIS** is how I like a "Japanese girl band" to sound:
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Bleh.

The thing about BabyMetal, the way I see them, is the 'parody' element to them. Like the first song on their album - the first time I heard it I thought they were saying repeatedly Death (actually is des), and I thought...how many non-metalheads say "all those evil metal bands ever sing about is death,death,death" (particularly in the heavier styles, such as that song is in)...and here they are actually singing "death" over and over again...this is awesome lol. (Though, again, they are not. But it does sound very similar and is unlikely [imo] to be a coincidence.) The non-Metal music that they throw into their songs are not actually random, in that each does correspond the respective song's lyrics. And of course the Metal elitist little boys have an absolute conniption over them. Which is, again, awesome lol. The overall feeling I have from BabyMetal is 'F you. We'll take your conventions and stereotypes, and your entire subculture, and turn them on their heads!' In the most kawaii way possible, of course.

(...Though I suppose it is their handlers/managers/overlords really, thinking of the best way to form an attention-grabbing, money-making brand. Oh well. flower )

But this. There is nothing remarkable about this. This just sounds like any other band in the Heavy Metal subgenre.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:28 pm

LemonMouse wrote:Bleh.

The thing about BabyMetal, the way I see them, is the 'parody' element to them. Like the first song on their album - the first time I heard it I thought they were saying repeatedly Death (actually is des), and I thought...how many non-metalheads say "all those evil metal bands ever sing about is death,death,death" (particularly in the heavier styles, such as that song is in)...and here they are actually singing "death" over and over again...this is awesome lol. (Though, again, they are not. But it does sound very similar and is unlikely [imo] to be a coincidence.) The non-Metal music that they throw into their songs are not actually random, in that each does correspond the respective song's lyrics. And of course the Metal elitist little boys have an absolute conniption over them. Which is, again, awesome lol. The overall feeling I have from BabyMetal is 'F you. We'll take your conventions and stereotypes, and your entire subculture, and turn them on their heads!' In the most kawaii way possible, of course.

(...Though I suppose it is their handlers/managers/overlords really, thinking of the best way to form an attention-grabbing, money-making brand. Oh well. flower )

But this. There is nothing remarkable about this. This just sounds like any other band in the Heavy Metal subgenre.

I liked Baby Metal when they first came out because they were unique (not enough to buy their cd though), but that is all they have going for them. Don't overthink what Baby Metal is about, it is just an engineered band by the studios. They aren't trying to say "F" you to anyone, they are just doing what they are told to do.

It's the same way all the K-pop and J-pop is run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:Don't overthink what Baby Metal is about, it is just an engineered band by the studios. They aren't trying to say "F" you to anyone, they are just doing what they are told to do.

Yes, I acknowledged that in my post. I said that that was my opinion of the b(r)and and how I view them/it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:44 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Friday13th wrote:I agree with the image being a bit of a turn off...well...maybe "turn off" is the wrong word. It's just not something I don't approve of  Razz 

lol!

lol I meant "it's NOT something I approve of." Haha my flesh is even corrupting my grammar!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:47 pm

LemonMouse wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:Don't overthink what Baby Metal is about, it is just an engineered band by the studios. They aren't trying to say "F" you to anyone, they are just doing what they are told to do.

Yes, I acknowledged that in my post. I said that that was my opinion of the b(r)and and how I view them/it.

I saw that after I posted...missed that entire line...  Shocked 

That's one of the bad things about using a phone to post here....

My bad   Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Friday13th wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

lol!

lol I meant "it's NOT something I approve of." Haha my flesh is even corrupting my grammar!

I thought you did it on purpose...I was in agreement with you...  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:13 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
LemonMouse wrote:

I saw that after I posted...missed that entire line...  Shocked 

That's one of the bad things about using a phone to post here....

My bad   Embarassed

Ah, no problem! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Forget about all of those posers. Now there is Ladybaby.

deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:29 pm

deathisgain wrote:Forget about all of those posers. Now there is Ladybaby.

lol!

DIG, 

You shall truly be in my prayers tonight, brother   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:44 am

The only all girl Japanese metal band we should be talking about!

MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next