The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HM magazine.

+3
messiaen77
Candlemass
lhversaw
7 posters

Go down

HM magazine. Empty HM magazine.

Post by lhversaw Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:09 pm

So I have to ask is HM magazine STILL a Christian music magazine?  I ask as I was over there today and I saw all kinds of stuff on Papa Roach, Northlane and Miss May I and I know that none of those bands are Christian so I have to wander if it has just become a Metal Magazine.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

HM magazine. Empty Re: HM magazine.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Yeah, I get a virtual copy downloaded from DVP and company every month.  There's still a slew of Christian content in it, along with "What x says" per issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:54 pm

What did x say?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:03 am

Y?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:37 am

messiaen77 wrote:Y?
k Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 am

Not sure about the other 2 but the lead singer of Papa Roach recently became a Christian. That's likely why they're in there.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Me and my family have always had HM laying around and I still keep up with the issues

They do feature more secular stuff and not just Christian music anymore
But they always have a devotional and are supporting Christian authors and companies usually and yes they sometimes have secular bands but usually when a faith based thing happens in their life flower
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:Y?
k Very Happy
A!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:Not sure about the other 2 but the lead singer of Papa Roach recently became a Christian. That's likely why they're in there.
I think the singer of Miss May I is also Christian.

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:51 pm

undead toaster wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:Not sure about the other 2 but the lead singer of Papa Roach recently became a Christian. That's likely why they're in there.
Couldn't tell by his mouth when I say them in Concert last month.  Wow he cussed more that I have even heard at a Motley Crue concert.... almost.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:04 pm

lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:
Couldn't tell by his mouth when I say them in Concert last month.  Wow he cussed more that I have even heard at a Motley Crue concert.... almost.

Just because he hasn't been able to overcome cussing doesn't mean he isn't a Christian......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 pm

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

Just because he hasn't been able to overcome cussing doesn't mean he isn't a Christian......

That's a relief... I cuss too - sometimes intentionally!
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 am

d@v!d wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

scratch You kind of lost me on that one, so I am not sure what point you are making... 

There are a ton of spots in the Bible where it exhorts us not to use unclean or profane language. Whether or not it is ok for a Christian to cuss wasn't really my point. My point was that you can be a Christian but still have areas of your life that haven't been controlled (language, inappropriate humor, gluttony, lack of love towards fellow man, lust...etc etc). 

Of course a Christian shouldn't use vulgar language....but it doesn't mean you aren't a Christian if you do...it just means you haven't put that under submission yet.

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:47 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:43 am

Gandalf the White wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

That's a relief... I cuss too - sometimes intentionally!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:55 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

scratch You kind of lost me on that one, so I am not sure what point you are making...
No point. Just thunking you on the head with the Bible.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

d@v!d wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

Rolf 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 pm

d@v!d wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
lhversaw wrote:
undead toaster wrote:

D@v!d's going all Mandy Moore on us!  Razz

HM magazine. Tumblr_mago6zN6ap1qj7j1go1_500

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Kerrick wrote:D@v!d's going all Mandy Moore on us!  Razz

HM magazine. Tumblr_mago6zN6ap1qj7j1go1_500

That is hilarious....what movie is that from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Kerrick wrote:Saved!
Good movie? I've never heard of it. Looks interesting.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Umm it's pretty good but not great.  It's basically a satire on the white/upper-class/preppy Christian sub-culture.  I haven't seen it in years though but as I recall, the message is overall a bit more universalist/be-accepting-of-everyone's-choices.  I did a quick internet search and found this article which from skimming it, I think does a pretty good job of outlining the movie and perhaps the ideologies behind it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down