The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose)

+3
Jessrox
Staybrite
deathisgain
7 posters

Go down

Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose) Empty Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose)

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 pm

I just found out that he passed away on February 14th. I am not sure if he did much else musically beyond Rose (did he play with Mad at the World?). It's sad to hear about this, as I love all of Randy's music from this period. In this song, he is the famous "Mr. K" mentioned before the solo.

Before I had found this out, I had been thinking of posting a question about what guitarist there are that play more with a soulful vibe similar to what you find in Randy Rose's music. Usually the guitarist spoken about on here, tend to be technical or fast, but not a lot that I find that play more of bluesy or soulful kind of soloing.

Last edited by deathisgain on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose) Empty Re: Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose)

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Oh man bummer, would have loved to hear him and Randy collaborate again on some more doomy goodness.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose) Empty Re: Steve Kumada passed away (Guitarist for Randy Rose)

Post by Jessrox Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Bummer, his stuff with Rose is legendary.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:40 am

Sad

this album was huge for me back in college.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:27 pm

I hate to hear this.  I love Rose and love the work of Mr. Kumada.  He wasn't the most technical player, but he made his solos work with what was being played.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 pm

deathisgain wrote:I just found out that he passed away on February 14th. I am not sure if he did much else musically beyond Rose (did he play with Mad at the World?). It's sad to hear about this, as I love all of Randy's music from this period. In this song, he is the famous "Mr. K" mentioned before the solo.

Before I had found this out, I had been thinking of posting a question about what guitaRovrist there are that play more with a soulful vibe similar to what you find in Randy Rose's music. Usually the guitarist spoken about on here, tend to be technical or fast, but not a lot that I find that play more of bluesy or soulful kind of soloing.

To answer your question, Robert, Steve never played with Mad At The World. MATW had three guitarists in the band: Mike Pendleton (1987-1992), Brent Gordon (1990-1992), and Benjamin Jacobs (1993-1998).
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

Back to top Go down

Post by redsea1013 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:12 pm

RIP

redsea1013
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down