The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Demons of Good Will"

+5
messiaen77
bigtreads
sentient 6
Staybrite
Candlemass
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"Demons of Good Will" - Page 3 Empty Re: "Demons of Good Will"

Post by Candlemass Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 am

We should take care of what we post publicly, but an ultrasound pic of your child is not one of them.
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Candlemass wrote:We should take care of what we post publicly, but an ultrasound pic of your child is not one of them.

I would be cautious about posting anything that would aid in someone else's stumble, even if it were an ultrasound pic of a child.

If I knew it was going to aid in one's stumble by causing them to chant curses, I wouldn't post it.

Or I'd at least set it up so that they couldn't view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Seriously?! Good grief, not the way I want to view the world or live my life!
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 pm

So we shouldn't even worry about being a stumbling block to others?

If our own actions cause someone else to stumble, that's on them and it's their own fault? Is that correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 pm

If you think posting a pic of an ultrasound image is in anyway causing anyone to stumble, you're bumbling...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Candlemass wrote:If you think posting a pic of an ultrasound image is in anyway causing anyone to stumble, you're bumbling...

I think you're the one who's bumbling and not even trying to listen to what's being said.

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:52 am

Mortal wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:Yeah, I agree with that part.  But to go to "don't do it because Satanists are going to curse your unborn baby" is just silly.  Beyond that, though, was one of the comments on the blog post where I found the video.  What makes a person think they need to write to the 700 Club to ask about the spiritual ramifications of posting a picture on Facebook?  Like I was saying--this kind of thing breeds a culture of fear.

If he had said that satanic curses could harm people, then yeah, that would be silly. But he didn't say that.

There are times where I have strongly disagreed with Pat Robertson, but I don't think this is one of them. I think his words are being twisted so that it appears that he is saying curses can hurt people. I never heard him say it, though.

satanic curses can't harm us, so yeah, fearing them would be silly.

But shouldn't we take caution about the things we post publicly?

Shouldn't we have just a little bit of fear that we don't aid in someone else's stumble?

That's what I got out of this. Not "Be scared because satanic curses can hurt you!!"
Seriously??  Were we watching the same video?  Who is twisting his words.  I will give you that he never says satanic curses will hurt you, and yes we should be cautious about what we post publicly.  But thinking Robertson is saying "don't post your ultrasound on Facebook because it may tempt some Satanist to get with his coven and start cursing your unborn child and we don't want to cause that Satanist to stumble and fall into sin"???  Honestly, sometimes I wonder if you really believe what you type or if you just do it to provoke people.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:23 am

messiaen77 wrote:thinking Robertson is saying "don't post your ultrasound on Facebook because it may tempt some Satanist to get with his coven and start cursing your unborn child and we don't want to cause that Satanist to stumble and fall into sin"???

Good grief, dude, I never claimed what Robertson's intent was.

I simply said that that is what I got out of it. That's not the same as saying "Robertson is saying...."

Instead of saying "That's what I got out of it", perhaps I should have said "That's what came to mind."

Perhaps a bad choice of words on my part.

messiaen77 wrote:Honestly, sometimes I wonder if you really believe what you type or if you just do it to provoke people.

Likewise.

If you really wanted clarification, you could have left out the provoking tone and simply asked me to clarify.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:37 am

messiaen77 wrote: "don't post your ultrasound on Facebook because it may tempt some Satanist to get with his coven and start cursing your unborn child and we don't want to cause that Satanist to stumble and fall into sin"

You don't even have a clear idea as to what I was saying.

Of course a satanist would already have stumbled and fallen into sin. Do you really think that I don't realize that?

What I'm saying is to be cautious so that we do not aid in furthering their stumble.

I'm sorry this is so hard to understand, hopefully someone out there knows what I'm saying, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Mortal wrote:I'm sorry this is so hard to understand, hopefully someone out there knows what I'm saying, though.
I think you mean that if one 'like's Pat Robertson's Facebook page they will have stumbled into satan.

I wish more people could understand you 'like' I do.

Last edited by d@v!d on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Yea, "like", ok...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Mortal wrote:
That wasn't cliche, dude.

You are the one who suggested we "ask Job if that will guarantee that satan won't test us." As if there are people here saying that it does.

Noone here claimed that it would. Noone here is defending that it does.

My statement that you made a strawman argument is not cliche. You actually did make a strawman argument.

My " Job " comment was related to the topic, but I was not making a direct implication with it to anyones post in particular. Its something that flowed from the train of thought when I was speaking to a specific comment of bigthreads.

....so just simmer down.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:51 pm

bigtreads wrote:Well Im pretty sure Im not in any "spiritual warfare Camp" - Im definitely not a theologian - had to use spell check to even spell it. My defense of what Robertson said was due to experiences helping a guy who had previously been involved with the occult (and other corrupt things) give his life to the Lord, and be free of the contamination he had allowed into his life. Im no expert on such things and only know what Ive experienced first hand. I certainly do not approach Gods power as a " magick " formula to guard "stuff" or any other nonsense like that. Although I do pray for protection for my family to keep us from "harm" no mater what that may be. For instance my son was in a accident - truck hit a pole - he was knocked to the passenger side of the vehicle - he hit the pole on the drivers door - it bent the vehicle in half pounding the pole half way through the truck until it was where the radio was in a ford ranger - son was the only one in the truck and was in a seat belt and some how wound up in the passenger seat unharmed. Sure could be "luck" but I doubt it.

Sorry if I offended you, but ideas have consequences to them.

Also, I praise God in keeping your son safe, but that is a bit different than the other ideas expressed. But like I said, I thank God for the grace He had bestowed upon your family.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Mortal wrote:
Shouldn't we have just a little bit of fear that we don't aid in someone else's stumble?

If someones intent on what they post was meant for benign or good reasons, then they shouldn't be held responsible for others evil intent.

This, is not the same as say, drinking alcohol around someone who is a alcoholic.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:10 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
bigtreads wrote:Well Im pretty sure Im not in any "spiritual warfare Camp" - Im definitely not a theologian - had to use spell check to even spell it. My defense of what Robertson said was due to experiences helping a guy who had previously been involved with the occult (and other corrupt things) give his life to the Lord, and be free of the contamination he had allowed into his life. Im no expert on such things and only know what Ive experienced first hand. I certainly do not approach Gods power as a " magick " formula to guard "stuff" or any other nonsense like that. Although I do pray for protection for my family to keep us from "harm" no mater what that may be. For instance my son was in a accident - truck hit a pole - he was knocked to the passenger side of the vehicle - he hit the pole on the drivers door - it bent the vehicle in half pounding the pole half way through the truck until it was where the radio was in a ford ranger - son was the only one in the truck and was in a seat belt and some how wound up in the passenger seat unharmed. Sure could be "luck" but I doubt it.

Sorry if I offended you, but ideas have consequences to them.

Also, I praise God in keeping your son safe, but that is a bit different than the other ideas expressed. But like I said, I thank God for the grace He had bestowed upon your family.
Don't worry Im not offended - nothing wrong with a different opinion, who knows I might even learn something Smile. As for the accident example, I pray for Gods protection for my family from both physical and spiritual things - these day's Lord knows we can use all the help we can get
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:32 am

sentient 6 wrote:If someones intent on what they post was meant for benign or good reasons, then they shouldn't be held responsible for others evil intent.

I never said they should be held responsible for it.

People usually post pictures of their children because they love them and are proud of them. I get that.

But that love and pride shouldn't be an excuse for a lack of caution.

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 am

Mortal wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:If someones intent on what they post was meant for benign or good reasons, then they shouldn't be held responsible for others evil intent.

People usually post pictures of their children because they love them and are proud of them. I get that.

I agree with this completely.  I have so many pictures of my kids I'd like to post, but I don't because I know there are a lot of perverts and sickos that hang out on social media and I don't want to make my kids fodder for their sick fantasies.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:15 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

I agree with this completely.  I have so many pictures of my kids I'd like to post, but I don't because I know there are a lot of perverts and sickos that hang out on social media and I don't want to make my kids fodder for their sick fantasies.

This I can understand, but I'm not in the least bit concerned w/anyone casting spells or curses...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Candlemass wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

This I can understand, but I'm not in the least bit concerned w/anyone casting spells or curses...

So you can understand loving your children enough and protecting them so that they do not become "fodder for their sick fantasies"...

But you can't understand loving your enemy enough not to put something in front of them that will aid in furthering their stumble?

You can have compassion for your children, but you are not the least bit concerned for your enemies?

That seems mighty self-serving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Dood, I give up, logic and reason seem to elude you...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Candlemass wrote:Dood, I give up, logic and reason seem to elude you...

Who's logic and reason? Yours? Of course that logic and reason eludes me.

Loving your enemies and praying for them shouldn't elude anyone who claims to be a Christian.

I wonder why it seems to elude you in this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

Me too. One has to be very careful these days.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:20 am

Mortal wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

So you can understand loving your children enough and protecting them so that they do not become "fodder for their sick fantasies"...

But you can't understand loving your enemy enough not to put something in front of them that will aid in furthering their stumble?

You can have compassion for your children, but you are not the least bit concerned for your enemies?

That seems mighty self-serving.
I agree with the principle of what you are saying here, although I'm not sure that it's applicable to posting ultrasound pics online.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 am

d@v!d wrote:
I agree with the principle of what you are saying here, although I'm not sure that it's applicable to posting ultrasound pics online.

Thanx, what I've been saying all long, but seems to have eluded some...

Save for I'm sure this is not applicable to posting ultrasound pics for fear that we might be putting a "stumbling block" before some occultist! alien
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am

Candlemass wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

Thanx, what I've been saying all long, but seems to have eluded some...

Save for I'm sure this is not applicable to posting ultrasound pics for fear that we might be putting a "stumbling block" before some occultist! alien

Dude, I thought you gave up. Seriously, why don't you just stop?

You obviously are not even trying to follow what I'm saying and you are only confusing matters even worse. It makes me really wonder if you are doing it intentionally.

You don't even have a clear idea as to what I've been saying this whole time.

Please....just stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next