The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Demons of Good Will"

+5
messiaen77
bigtreads
sentient 6
Staybrite
Candlemass
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"Demons of Good Will" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Demons of Good Will"

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Mortal wrote:
I don't think anyone here has said that we should all "plead the blood" over stuff.

Actually, that is common lingo within the " spiritual warfare " camp.

http://thejosephplan.org/how-to-plead-and-pray-the-blood-of-jesus-prayer-spiritual-warfare/

Yeah...But noone here is talking about that. So I don't see the point in trying to change the subject to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 pm

I plead the 5th...hey, anyone got a 5th?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 pm

sentient 6 wrote:I guess I would put the onus on the one who says we should " plead the blood " over stuff and ask to show the biblical testimony for it.

As far as a Biblical testimony goes...Are you familiar with Passover?

This comes to mind.

Exodus 12:[21] Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.
[22] And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.
[23] For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
[24] And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

Again....We are talking about guarding your home with the "power of HIS shed blood".

You asked for a Biblical reference and here it is.

Do you not realize that the blood of that lamb was symbolic of Christ's shed blood?

Last edited by Mortal on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Mortal wrote:
Yeah...But noone here is talking about that. So I don't see the point in trying to change the subject to that.

Nevermind. Its just another common term used for the same concept of subject of the OP.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

Nevermind. Its just another common term used for the same concept of subject of the OP.

So you are speaking for the original poster?

How about we just ask him instead of letting you speak for him?

Is this what you meant, bigtreads?

Is S6 correct about your concept of protecting your home with the "power of HIS shed blood"?

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Mortal wrote:
Again....We are talking about guarding your home with the "power of HIS shed blood".

You asked for a Biblical reference and here it is.

Do you not realize that the blood of that lamb was symbolic of Christ's shed blood?

Sure, the lambs blood was a covering that was a shadow of the true propitiation that would come from Christ. But where is the scripture that shows that Christs death is for " guarding " stuff. I just think there is stuff that gets locked into a tradition where we the thelological concept isn't really that well thought out.

In reality, Christs life and death is what saves us from the wrath of God towards sin. The primary application to say, the concept of spiritual warfare, is that satan no longer has any ground to " accuse " us before the Father.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Mortal wrote:

Is S6 correct about your concept of protecting your home with the "power of HIS shed blood"?

Ok. If he is saying that the best thing we can do to protect our families is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and seek Gods will...then i'm down with that. But still, just ask Job that if will guarantee that satan won't test us.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Sure, the lambs blood was a covering that was a shadow of the true propitiation that would come from Christ. But where is the scripture that shows that Christs death is for " guarding " stuff. I just think there is stuff that gets locked into a tradition where we the thelological concept isn't really that well thought out.

I don't think anyone here has said that Christ's death was for "guarding" stuff. But if God is not your protection, then who is??

As far as things being not "that well thought out", Do you really think it's wise to assume what a person's position is based on one single statement?

bigtreads made a single statement, and you are now assuming that his worship is nothing more than paganism complete with magical formulas. You seem to know everything about his concept of protecting his home with the power of Christ's blood.

I don't think your assumptions about bigtreads are all that well thought out.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 pm

bigtreads wrote: While it seems crazy to someone who has not had to deal with demonic activity head on -

Well, the minute you bow your will to God and the knee to Christ, satan ( and the world ) will declare war on you.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

...we deal with satan and his demons everyday. It just may not be in a showy way that would inspire a horror movie.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

Ok. If he is saying that the best thing we can do to protect our families is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and seek Gods will...then i'm down with that. But still, just ask Job that if will guarantee that satan won't test us.

Ask Job if that will guarantee that satan won't test us?

"Demons of Good Will" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbtm-FHX6zPXIqbrNlxIo5QzeJTIio5a9mf8OFDXGLZWsFti__9A

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Mortal wrote:
I don't think anyone here has said that Christ's death was for "guarding" stuff. But if God is not your protection, then who is??

As far as things being not "that well thought out", Do you really think it's wise to assume what a person's position is based on one single statement?

bigtreads made a single statement, and you are now assuming that his worship is nothing more than paganism complete with magical formulas. You seem to know everything about his concept of protecting his home with the power of Christ's blood.

I don't think your assumptions about bigtreads are all that well thought out.

The " not well thought out tradition " is addressing a larger movement in christianity.

No, I don't know everything about his specifics, so I can only go by what he has shared here. Between defending that practice of Pat Robertson and using other ket words and terms, it reminds me of beliefs that I am familar with. And I didn't say anything about his worship per se.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Mortal wrote:

"Demons of Good Will" - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbtm-FHX6zPXIqbrNlxIo5QzeJTIio5a9mf8OFDXGLZWsFti__9A

Oh how I love internet debate cliches. But i'm not quite sure what exactly you are calling a " straw man " so I will leave it be.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46 am

sentient 6 wrote:
Mortal wrote:

Oh how I love internet debate cliches. But i'm not quite sure what exactly you are calling a " straw man " so I will leave it be.

That wasn't cliche, dude.

You are the one who suggested we "ask Job if that will guarantee that satan won't test us." As if there are people here saying that it does.

Noone here claimed that it would. Noone here is defending that it does.

My statement that you made a strawman argument is not cliche. You actually did make a strawman argument.

Last edited by Mortal on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 am

Well Im pretty sure Im not in any "spiritual warfare Camp" - Im definitely not a theologian - had to use spell check to even spell it. My defense of what Robertson said was due to experiences helping a guy who had previously been involved with the occult (and other corrupt things) give his life to the Lord, and be free of the contamination he had allowed into his life. Im no expert on such things and only know what Ive experienced first hand. I certainly do not approach Gods power as a " magick " formula to guard "stuff" or any other nonsense like that. Although I do pray for protection for my family to keep us from "harm" no mater what that may be. For instance my son was in a accident - truck hit a pole - he was knocked to the passenger side of the vehicle - he hit the pole on the drivers door - it bent the vehicle in half pounding the pole half way through the truck until it was where the radio was in a ford ranger - son was the only one in the truck and was in a seat belt and some how wound up in the passenger seat unharmed. Sure could be "luck" but I doubt it.
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 am

Staybrite wrote:Can demon's attach themselves to a homes plumbing?  Sure seemed like it this weekend.
Only if the pipes aren't metal.
Neal Morse Code wrote:face palm
Yep
sentient 6 wrote:...paganism....just christianity adopting pagan concepts.
Indeed.
bigtreads wrote:Before you mock talk to someone who has had direct involvement delivering people from demonic "issues" - I can tell you what he said is correct. While it seems crazy to someone who has not had to deal with demonic activity head on - items that have been blessed by the occult or out right satanic items can provide a "legal right to be there" or a doorway into your home for demons. Yes I know sounds like I'm a freak saying this (just as the enemy wants) but I do have experience in this area and I 100% grantee if you did you would not take his advise lightly. Guard your homes with the power of HIS shed blood.
I don't doubt the sincerity of what your are saying, but I don't live in that world. I don't see that world in the scripture. The word of God, the Bible trumps experience in all matters.
bigtreads wrote:I did NOT say "more powerful than He who is in us" as that is completely false - nothing holds a candle to the power of Jesus and his blood shed for us. As I suck at typing (and as I'm not some weird glory seeker) I'm not going to expound on the supernatural proof and events of the deliverance Jesus provided for those I have worked with. But if you think Christians can't be harassed by the enemy you are wrong - much more so as a non believer. Don't be so quick to mock just because you haven't dealt with this issue face to face. I wasn't trying to start anything here except bring awareness to something most people are unaware of and largely don't pay attention to. Is it common, no, just as dude on the vid. said . Real yes.
I think you do a nice job of typing. Our buddy here like to provoke by playing with your words. Don't take him too seriously. Again I don't want to speak to your experience, but I know from the Bible the heart of the matter for all mankind is believing God at His word in all circumstances. That is a very loaded statement as it applies to every aspect of life. I could go on long about the impact of magick, but I'll leave it at my exhortation to just trust God at his Word.
messiaen77 wrote:I too have had experience in deliverance ministry and have found that by and large this issue of demons having "legal rights" to do anything because of anything people do is actually furthering the Enemy's agenda of spreading fear and paranoia.  I had friends who believed that you shouldn't say things like "I think I'm getting sick" because that gave Satan an open door to inflict them with illness.  And these were Christians running around scared that saying the word "sick" would give Satan the right to make them sick.  It is pure bondage to fear.  We who have been bought by Christ should live free from fear, not in bondage to it.
True story: Years ago I went out with some friends to eat dinner at a restaurant and they brought along a a couple more friends of theirs who were into the 'pray the demons out of everything' stuff. The one guy went around the restaurant rebuking satan in the plants. Later, when our food came, we went to pray for the meal. I had ordered a small pizza for myself. As we prayed the other one, a gal, started wailing in a loud voice 'binding' (casting out?) satan in my pizza while she and the other laid hands on it (hovered their hands less than an inch over its surface.) I looked up and everyone in the restaurant was looking at us. I was so embarrassed. It was so surreal, as it could be any weirder.
Candlemass wrote:I plead the 5th...hey, anyone got a 5th?
Well, where there are 4 Catholics, there's always a 5th.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:21 pm

But wait, there's more...

messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:19 pm

messiaen77 wrote:But wait, there's more...
@:47 "abhorrent, not unbiblical, but just abhorrent."

um....
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Interesting that this topic came up on Moody radio today, caught a bit while out plowing snow...

http://www.moodyradio.org/radioplayer.aspx?episode=152380&hour=1
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 pm

I kinda agree here.

I think some things should be kept private and not plastered all over Facebook.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Mortal wrote:I kinda agree here.

I'm so glad. I shudder to think of seeing intimate pictures of you on Facebook.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Candlemass wrote:Interesting that this topic came up on Moody radio today, caught a bit while out plowing snow...

Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:
Candlemass wrote:Interesting that this topic came up on Moody radio today, caught a bit while out plowing snow...

Metal 3
Interesting, but I don't agree w/it...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:44 am

Mortal wrote:

I kinda agree here.

Yeah, I agree with that part.  But to go to "don't do it because Satanists are going to curse your unborn baby" is just silly.  Beyond that, though, was one of the comments on the blog post where I found the video.  What makes a person think they need to write to the 700 Club to ask about the spiritual ramifications of posting a picture on Facebook?  Like I was saying--this kind of thing breeds a culture of fear.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:52 am

messiaen77 wrote:Yeah, I agree with that part.  But to go to "don't do it because Satanists are going to curse your unborn baby" is just silly.  Beyond that, though, was one of the comments on the blog post where I found the video.  What makes a person think they need to write to the 700 Club to ask about the spiritual ramifications of posting a picture on Facebook?  Like I was saying--this kind of thing breeds a culture of fear.

If he had said that satanic curses could harm people, then yeah, that would be silly. But he didn't say that.

There are times where I have strongly disagreed with Pat Robertson, but I don't think this is one of them. I think his words are being twisted so that it appears that he is saying curses can hurt people. I never heard him say it, though.

satanic curses can't harm us, so yeah, fearing them would be silly.

But shouldn't we take caution about the things we post publicly?

Shouldn't we have just a little bit of fear that we don't aid in someone else's stumble?

That's what I got out of this. Not "Be scared because satanic curses can hurt you!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next