The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sterotypes of your country...

+6
XenonLion
Peter who was Vaak
deathisgain
d@v!d
Kerrick
Soldier777
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sterotypes of your country... Empty Sterotypes of your country...

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:16 am

What common stereotypes you find annoying about your country?

This video has me thinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EvS467JK0

People think all Canadians love hockey, love Tim Horton's, are passive and polite, etc. These are not necessarily true. If someone crossed us the wrong way, that person has the same chances of getting a smack up side the head as if he offended someone from the USA or England. I don't recommend upsetting a Canadian.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Sterotypes of your country... Empty Re: Sterotypes of your country...

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:58 am

Soldier777 wrote:People think all Canadians love hickey

Really!? I'm moving to Canada so I can suck on a neck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:59 am

In the US it is assumed rednecks are stupid. Oh wait ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:32 pm

I meant to say...People think all Canadians love hockey...
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:41 pm

BearDad wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:People think all Canadians love hickey

Really!? I'm moving to Canada so I can suck on a neck! Smile

lol! face palm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Soldier777 wrote:What common stereotypes you find annoying about your country?

This video has me thinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EvS467JK0

People think all Canadians love hickey, love Tim Horton's, are passive and polite, etc. These are not necessarily true. If someone crossed us the wrong way, that person has the same chances of getting a smack up side the head as if he offended someone from the USA or England. I don't recommend upsetting a Canadian.
Maybe it's just my impression, but beside hockey fans and beer drinkers, Canadians are wannabe Britons and the rest on the East coast are wannabe Gauls.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Tatsuo Nosaka: Hello, my name is Tatsuo Nosaka, I am new president of Columbia Pictures. I want to take opportunity to tell American people, we understand what you like! We are working hard to make many new films and television shows for you to consume. In fact, we have just finished new situation comedy for American TV audience. It is crazy and out to lunch! It is called "The Nude House Of Wacky People." Here are some scenes:

[Stock footage of a car wiping out and hurtling down a cliff. Inset circle of Tatsuo narrating]

Here is the father coming home from work with many American hamburgers for the family. He is driving so crazy it makes me laugh! Oh, no! He is crashing so much I have to laugh again! This is too much for me to look at and yet somehow I want to watch more!

[Sitcom living room. The father carries an armload of hamburgers through the front door]

Here is the father again, trying to carry the hamburgers home. Maybe he should carry the car it is so small by now!

[doorbell rings]

Oh, no! How much more insane can it get, I am wondering also.

[Father opens door. Bear enters & immediately attacks Father.]

A bear? How did he get there? There is no time for wondering, because the father is already fighting the bear! Then the bear leaves.

[The bear does indeed stop fighting and walks calmly out the door.]

Whew! Could we please stop now because it is so insane? No, we cannot!

[Wacky mother descends staircase]

Uh-oh, here comes the mother! She is asking the father why the hamburgers smell like a car that has crashed. He tries to think of a falsehood, but he cannot! So he throws fudge at her!

[Father throws a handful of fudge at mother. Bear enters from front door]

Then the bear comes back for more fighting!

[Fight continues]

This is so unusual, I might have to lose my mind! This family is too eccentric!

[Bear calmly leaves again]

I am glad it's over.

[The two children come down the stairs]

Hey! Here are the children of the wacky family! "Thank you for so many hamburgers," they say! "Ohhhh," says the father, "you cannot have hamburgers or candy canes until you do your homework!" "But we have no homework," say the children. "No homework?" Says the wacky father, "Then you will have to fight the bear!"

[Father opens the door for the Bear, who now fights with all four family members.]

I hope you have enjoyed these scenes from "The Nude House of Wacky People," Coming in January on CBS! If these pictures have not already convinced you how insane it is, then how about this?

[a green, dollar-sign-festooned show ribbon appears with Ronald Reagan's face inside]

That is right, it is the Ron Reagan United States presidential seal of approval!

Ronald Reagan: The Nude House Of Wacky People is just the kind of wholesome family entertainment that Japan is known for. Nancy loves it too!

Tatsuo Nosaka: And, don't forget our other new shows, such as:

[Appropriate title card appears for each show]

"You Can't Stop Him, He's Too Insane!"

"Good Hitting Police,"

and, "Who Can Figure Out Such Devices?"

If I am not mistaken, they will all drive you into a gourd! Later, dudes!

[fade to black]
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Careful: Maybe it's just my impression, but beside hockey fans and beer drinkers, Canadians are wannabe Britons and the rest on the East coast are wannabe Gauls. I live on the east coast and I have never heard of that before. Evil or Very Mad
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Careful: Maybe it's just my impression, but beside hockey fans and beer drinkers, Canadians are wannabe Britons and the rest on the East coast are wannabe Gauls. I live on the east coast and I have never heard of that before. Evil or Very Mad
Probably just my impression then. I have cousins in Vancouver. Everything seemed so British there. They even spell things in British English. I though over there on the east they want to break off and make France 2.0.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 pm

All this talk of Canadians reminds me of a very hilarious Conan O'Brien where he sent Triumph the Insult Comic Dog to Quebec.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:57 am

I am glad the whole thing about Canadians saying "aboot" isn't a negative stereotype.

As for Americans?  One of our real problems is that everyone stereotypes us as being just too awesome.  We have a high expectation to live up to and that damages us sometimes.  Even without tryinng, yes we are more awesome than the rest, but come on.

But seriously, I'm from Arizona and I hear a lot about how we're racist here.  I honestly haven't seen the large number of racists I'm always assured lives here.  But maybe people who haven't lived here a day in their life know more than I, who's been here all his life?
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:06 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I am glad the whole thing about Canadians saying "aboot" isn't a negative stereotype.

As for Americans?  One of our real problems is that everyone stereotypes us as being just too awesome.  We have a high expectation to live up to and that damages us sometimes.  Even without tryinng, yes we are more awesome than the rest, but come on.
Smile
But seriously, I'm from Arizona and I hear a lot about how we're racist here.  I honestly haven't seen the large number of racists I'm always assured lives here.  But maybe people who haven't lived here a day in their life know more than I, who's been here all his life?
SB 1070, you goose stepper..
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 pm

Here are some American stereotypes I can think of: fat, lazy, dumb, obnoxious, rude, friendly, loud, patriotic, rednecks, liberals, lots of stereotypes. Opinions of Americans can depend on where you are in the world.

I'm from New York State. New York stereotype: from New York City.
Oh my goodness. I don't know what people think of Upstate New Yorkers.

I don't know any Bahamian stereotypes.
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:30 pm

I saw these and laughed a bit.

http://www.movoto.com/ny/new-york-state-stereotypes/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-people-from-upstate-new-york-love

Also, when places get only a little amount of snow and closes down, it's really weird to me. Here, there can be a foot of snow and there would still be work and school.
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:49 pm

I heard New Yawkas cuss every other word(Obviously not you...Or maybe you!  Just, not on here).  Also, I heard y'all take thin pizza seriously and have over 50 ray's pizzas without one being the original.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:06 pm

XenonLion wrote:I'm from New York State. New York stereotype: from New York City.

I've driven through Upstate New York several times before, and in fact I'll be there next weekend. It's a little like driving in post-apocalyptic country, because a lot of farms are abandoned. In a way, though, I like it.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Driven wrote:
XenonLion wrote:I'm from New York State. New York stereotype: from New York City.

I've driven through Upstate New York several times before, and in fact I'll be there next weekend. It's a little like driving in post-apocalyptic country, because a lot of farms are abandoned. In a way, though, I like it.

That's cool. I have seen someone abandoned looking places. Have you been to any of the cuties though like Buffalo, Rochester, or Syracuse?
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I heard New Yawkas cuss every other word(Obviously not you...Or maybe you!  Just, not on here).  Also, I heard y'all take thin pizza seriously and have over 50 ray's pizzas without one being the original.

I don't talk like that or gave that accent. Apparently I say room like rum. I don't. Though for me it doesn't rhyme with zoom or time or anything. It's weird. Apparently, people from here put a lot of emphasis on the r sound. Like any other state, how people talk depends on where you go. I'm mostly talking about Western and Central NY.
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:22 pm

XenonLion wrote:
Driven wrote:

That's cool. I have seen someone abandoned looking places. Have you been to any of the cuties though like Buffalo, Rochester, or Syracuse?

I've been to Watertown, Syracuse, and Schenectady, among others.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:27 am

We smell bad/are unpleasant: it depend of each person (but generally it's untrue), and from the region too (people are more unpleasant at Paris and in the South, but it depend of each person once again.)

We have a bérêt as hat: some old people yes, young have hat or cap.

We eat frogs: false. it's a bit more true about snail, but their consumption is rare.

We make a strange noise who sound like a fart with our mouth to say "i don't know": true.

We hate Americans: Isn't a good idea for me to be on CMR if it was true ^^

We are bad in English: Yes for old people, more reserved for young.

Our public toilet are disgusting: Generally it's true for toilet who are in the street/park, untrue for toilet in a public building.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:06 am

Just watch Honey Boo-Boo and you will see what the world thinks of people who live in the southern USA.

We don't all like country music, live in trailer parks, drink beer like it is a life-giving elixir, marry our sisters/cousins, are uneducated, all live near pig farms, daydream about NASCAR or football (even though a large portion of folks here do), and are behind on media & fashion.  We have cable and wi-fi just like everyone else and shop at the same corporate stores the rest of the country does.  If you have people still dressing like "good ol' boys", its because they probably are.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:54 am

Driven wrote:
XenonLion wrote:
Driven wrote:

I've been to Watertown, Syracuse, and Schenectady, among others.

Cool. Smile
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Just watch Honey Boo-Boo and you will see what the world thinks of people who live in the southern USA.

We don't all like country music, live in trailer parks, drink beer like it is a life-giving elixir, marry our sisters/cousins, are uneducated, all live near pig farms, daydream about NASCAR or football (even though a large portion of folks here do), and are behind on media & fashion.  We have cable and wi-fi just like everyone else and shop at the same corporate stores the rest of the country does.  If you have people still dressing like "good ol' boys", its because they probably are.

Don't forget the regular eating of roadkill! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:54 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:Careful: Maybe it's just my impression, but beside hockey fans and beer drinkers, Canadians are wannabe Britons and the rest on the East coast are wannabe Gauls. I live on the east coast and I have never heard of that before. Evil or Very Mad
Probably just my impression then. I have cousins in Vancouver. Everything seemed so British there. They even spell things in British English. I though over there on the east they want to break off and make France 2.0.

Are you surprised things are so British in British Columbia?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:44 am

If you want to know what the britsh think of the US just watch Top Gear, they always have alot to say about it. It gets rather annoying. Although I think I would rather enjoy living in the UK.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next