The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

+6
messiaen77
BobtheBerean
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
Candlemass
Soldier777
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:28 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Kerrick wrote:cyclops 

Thanks for playing nice everyone.  I love you
 Go away...tyrant! Evil or Very Mad

What a Face

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

Post by messiaen77 Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:02 am

alldatndensum wrote:Then that is there business.  There will be people here who support some of those "ministries".  I've got not use for the lot of them, but I would not blame anyone for using it for publicity.
Totally agree.  I was just saying it seems there is a lot of assumption here that these artists are simply using the network as a marketing tool, and I was just putting out there that at least some of these artists may not be conflicted about appearing on the network because they support those ministries.

I've done a lot of thinking about this kind of thing in the past, particularly as it relates to politics.  Sure, these artists are free to support and/or associate with who/whatever they want, but is it always wise?  I think they run the risk of being "guilty by association" and alienating those who don't agree.  I thought it was a bad move for people like Franklin Graham and Michael W. Smith to link arms with the Republican Party in such a strong way.  The anti-Obama song on Saint's last album bothered me for the same reason.  IMO, American Christianity has become too closely tied to politics, particularly conservative politics, and I believe strongly that it is hindering our mission of reaching all people with the Gospel.  (Yes, I also know that even though I'm certainly not a full-blown liberal, my centrist positions are still far more liberal than a lot of you folks and that many of you don't have a problem with either of those examples.  To each their own, live and let live...)  Like I said, these folks can believe and vote however they want, but I think they need to consider whether or not what they are doing is helping or hindering the work they are trying to do.  The same could be said of religious affiliations.  WoF is off-putting to a lot of folks inside the Church because of the whole "genie-in-a-bottle" thing someone mentioned and it is repulsive to a lot of people outside the Church because so many televangelist scandals come out of there (plus all the Benny Hinn-type antics just looks goofy).  I remember a degree of shunning from the CCM community when it became more known that Margaret Becker is Catholic.  There was also a lot of buzz here maybe a year or two ago speculating on the guys from Demon Hunter maybe being Catholic and what that would mean.  That's why I think it would be hard to be a Christian artist.  There is a heart-felt desire for honesty and being true to yourself, but you also have to consider that any kind of statement of anything is viewed as an endorsement and has implications for them as individuals, their "brand," and the perception of Christianity by those we are trying to reach with the Gospel.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:22 am

sentient 6 wrote:Ok, if bands should not use TBN as a source, what about decidedly UNword-of faithy ministries such as Micahael Youssef and D. James Kennedy who have purchased airtime from TBN ?
sentient 6 wrote:Yep. I have even seen some docs on Jan Huss and William Tyndale there as well.
It's one thing for a minister to purchase airtime or for the network to show some historical documentary and a another thing for a band to go on the PTL and party with the Crouches.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 am

d@v!d wrote:a another thing for a band to go on the PTL and party with the Crouches.

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:41 pm

d@v!d wrote:
It's one thing for a minister to purchase airtime or for the network to show some historical documentary and a another thing for a band to go on the PTL and party with the Crouches.

Agreed.

I am probably more extreme around here and believe that all orthodox churches should officially rebuke and call TBN to repentance. And specifically the WoF churches. All orthodox protestant evangelicals should call WoF to repentance.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:49 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Candlemass wrote:

It's funny to hear him singing about a snow white cloud while looking at his hair.

His hair is like a perfectly trimmed happy little shrub.
It's even tighter than Bob Ross' hair.
Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfuojliHIQzUXxHLFGE3CuptgqnthaaZ83079kXup73tu73Pin7g

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Hes a Priest, in good standing in the RCC...right ?

Manning is just a liberal theologian by any standard...Catholic or Protestant.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Heres Petra on TBN....and I know they don't support WoF theology.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Boy, they sound great!
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2