The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

+6
messiaen77
BobtheBerean
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
Candlemass
Soldier777
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts... Empty Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

Post by Soldier777 Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:40 am

As many of you know, Trinity Broadcast Network has its share of scandals over the past several years but they have also helped Christian artists ranging from adult contemporary to metal. Artists like Dino Kartsonakis, Carman, Petra, Michael Sweet, Stryper, Bloodgood, Armand Melnbardis (played violin and keyboards with Rob Rock), Rob Rock, etc, have hosted, have been a guest or have used TBN or its affiliates as a platform and have thanked them or it's hosts in their credits. What are your thoughts? Should bands be associate themselves with TBN? Does it make you uncomfortable as a fan of some of these artists?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts... Empty Re: Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

Post by Candlemass Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:18 am

I suppose it's fine for music, just don't "eat" there...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts... Empty Re: Trinity Broadcast Network and christian music...your thoughts...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:00 am

I used to be a bit concerned,but hey I work for a bank so................

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:20 pm

With that being the only "Christian" nationwide network, I guess the bands & labels feel that they have to appear on there to reach their target audience.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:27 pm

TBN is not the only "Christian" nationwide network.

But it is one that allows just anybody to come on and talk about "Jesus".

If I were in a band...and if I wanted to introduce the band to a larger audience...I still would not use TBN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Mortal wrote:If I were in a band...and if I wanted to introduce the band to a larger audience...I still would not use TBN.

This.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BobtheBerean Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:49 pm

TBN = Totally Bogus Network....
BobtheBerean
BobtheBerean
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:31 am

Mortal wrote:TBN is not the only "Christian" nationwide network.

But it is one that allows just anybody to come on and talk about "Jesus".

If I were in a band...and if I wanted to introduce the band to a larger audience...I still would not use TBN.

What else is there?  I can't say that I've heard of anything else as far as television networks go that claim to be a nationwide network.  PAX started off that way but sold.  Fox Family is just another part of Fox.  ABC Family is not even that clean for some of its programming.

If you were an indie band, you probably wouldn't use TBN to reach an audience.  When you are signed to a label, you sometimes have to do gigs you don't really want to do.  If your label and management team say that you are doing TBN, then you will do it or possibly not have that contract.  When you sign with a bigger label, you will play places you don't want just because the guy who runs the company says so.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:12 am

What if those artists weren't just using the network for promotional purposes.  What if they actually support the ministry of the network?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 am

Then that is there business.  There will be people here who support some of those "ministries".  I've got not use for the lot of them, but I would not blame anyone for using it for publicity.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:48 pm

I would think its not much different from a band playing a live show at a bar. TBN doesnt make me uncomfortable at all really. I'm pretty sure the pastor of one of my old churches has been on TBN. I dont have a problem with people teaching faith, as long as its not the only thing you teach about
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:35 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote: I dont have a problem with people teaching faith, as long as its not the only thing you teach about

Huh? scratch
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Soldier777 wrote:As many of you know, Trinity Broadcast Network has its share of scandals over the past several years but they have also helped Christian artists ranging from adult contemporary to metal. Artists like Dino Kartsonakis, Carman, Petra, Michael Sweet, Stryper, Bloodgood, Armand Melnbardis (played violin and keyboards with Rob Rock), Rob Rock, etc, have hosted, have been a guest or have used TBN or its affiliates as a platform and have thanked them or it's hosts in their credits. What are your thoughts?
Like the KKK, the TBN is for satan.

It's sad that these artists have lacked the discernment to not whore out on it. But who knows, maybe they weren't whoring; maybe labels had pressured them to do it.
Should bands be associate themselves with TBN?
No. If you are going to make a stand for Christ in your music, go all the way and don't pussyfoot with the cults.
Does it make you uncomfortable as a fan of some of these artists?
Yes, somewhat. I'll still listen to artists who lack such discernment because I can enjoy their music for what it is. If it rocks and it doesn't blaspheme like much secular music does then it falls into my 'safe music' category. A lot of what passes for Christian metal doesn't do much for me spiritually in a positive sense. It just allows me to enjoy music without the negative spiritualism. It's just safe music.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Metal Blessing Radio wrote: I dont have a problem with people teaching faith, as long as its not the only thing you teach about

Huh? scratch

Alot of people's gripe with TBN is the abundance of Word of Faith and prosperity teaching. I'm cool with that, just so long as they dont exclusively talk about prosperity, as other teachings and salvation are far more important.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Oh, well I'm not cool w/that at all, their ideas about "faith" have nothing to do w/biblical faith.
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Not likely Discern would've passed muster on TBN! Laughing

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Candlemass wrote:Oh, well I'm not cool w/that at all, their ideas about "faith" have nothing to do w/biblical faith.

......nothing some good biblical hermeneutics wouldn't cure.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Ok, if bands should not use TBN as a source, what about decidedly UNword-of faithy ministries such as Micahael Youssef and D. James Kennedy who have purchased airtime from TBN ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:51 pm

I dont think there is anything unbiblical about believing God will provide what he has promised which is what the real faith preachers teach, its when you get into the magic genie territory that it goes too far.

Of course I attended college at well known Word of Faith based ministry that most here would probably demonize. I think Word of Faith gets a bad rap due to all the big money grubbers out there who identify with it
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:26 pm

It gets a bad rap because it's bad theology, they torture scripture to come up w/their nonsense. Like "faith is a force"...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:40 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:I dont think there is anything unbiblical about believing God will provide what he has promised which is what the real faith preachers teach, its when you get into the magic genie territory that it goes too far.

Of course I attended college at well known Word of Faith based ministry that most here would probably demonize. I think Word of Faith gets a bad rap due to all the big money grubbers out there who identify with it

God will provide, but the " has promised " part is where the core of disagreement is with classic christian theology in your statement.

That said, I just invite you to do some study on the origins of Word of Faith and how its approach to classic biblical theology differs with most orthodox denominations. Check out the work that Justin Peters and Hank Henegraaff have done on the subject as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:42 pm

cyclops 

Thanks for playing nice everyone.  I love you

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Having said all that, I have no problem w/bands/ministers appearing on TBN, I watch it on occasion for some of the movies...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Kerrick wrote:cyclops 

Thanks for playing nice everyone.  I love you
 Go away...tyrant! Evil or Very Mad
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Candlemass wrote:Having said all that, I have no problem w/bands/ministers appearing on TBN, I watch it on occasion for some of the movies...

Yep. I have even seen some docs on Jan Huss and William Tyndale there as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next