The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas music...

4 posters

Go down

Christmas music... Empty Christmas music...

Post by Soldier777 Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Christmas is here and like some of you there are some contemporary and traditional songs or some versions of songs that are great and some that down right drive me nuts and others I don't care for. I usually like the metal versions of songs from artists like Deliverance, Theocracy, Stryper, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, etc. I also like versions from rock artists like Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Chuck Berry, etc. I also like a huge classical act like Handel's Messiah.  I hate it when artists ruins a Christmas classic. Any thoughts?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christmas music... Empty Re: Christmas music...

Post by Xid Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm of the mindset that if you're going to redo a song, breathe new life into it.  If you can't do that then leave it alone and do something else.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Amen to that!  If you cannot achieve something different with a traditional Christmas song, then it just comes off sounding as tired as it really is.  When you can do something that makes an audience go "Wow!", then you are taking that song and making it as though you actually wrote it.  Sadly, too many artists just play it safe and do nothing innovative with Christmas tunes. 

I also want to hear artists actually WRITE original songs and do new songs.  I don't have to hear "O Holy Night" or "Joy to the World" on every Christmas album.  Do a new song.  Perhaps that will be the tired "classic" in 30-40 years.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:35 am

I heard a tune on the radio last week that was just awful. I think it was a remake of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. The girl who was singing was trying way too hard to make her voice sound "cute". She sounded constipated to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by metallikitty Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:46 pm

There is a version of White Christmas out there that is fake Guns N Roses, complete with a few GNR riffs inserted. Funny or horrifying depending on your taste...

And I love Joan Jett's take on Little Drummer Boy.

>^~^<

metallikitty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 pm

I'd rather hear Whiteheart's version of it!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down